Cops Cops Cops.. WTF??

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Lately seen a lot of cops on the road, State patrol mostly.
Yesterday got pulled over. Was cruising in my Cadillac and the speed limit was 65.
I was in passing lane and was just starting to pass a slower car in front and I noticed the 50 mph sign ahead at the same time the trooper was coming in the opposite direction.
I was not speeding slowed down pulled behind car instead of passing as I would have been over limit when I hit the 50mph zone.
Knew he would turn around so I rolled down the windows as I had huffed some just minutes before.
He followed me for awhile pulled me over asked me why I did not passed explained to him he said I did right he was worried I maybe tired or asleep at the wheel, I said no I am wide awake and ready to catch some fish. Saw all the gear in back seat..
He was polite professional but still scares the crap out of ya for sure.
we fist bumped I thanked him for his concern in keeping the roads safe for us.
So is it luck or how you deal with cops under pressure???

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think it's a person's presence. I don't get pulled over often, in fact I have to have done something pretty blatant to be pulled over. Last time I was, they let me go while laughing at me. I don't care if they're laughing at me if they're also letting me go and not writing me a ticket. So... <shrug>

You sure do get pulled over a lot. :/

Cort

Cort

Cops are everywhere in my area. 3 jurisdictions collide State, county and city. Its not an area you want to speed, thats for sure.

Most stops, except something blatant like speeding, are attitude checks. They talk with you for a sec, decide if you smell like alcohol, or seem like you are hiding something. Its the way most traffic cops get busts for drugs, guns, warrants.

You dont think they really care about the busted tail light, do ya?

Glad you made it out OK CM. I for one, would be screwed. When I get high, I look plastered. Every stereotype you can picture, glassy red chinese eyes for sure.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Cops are everywhere in my area. 3 jurisdictions collide State, county and city. Its not an area you want to speed, thats for sure.

Most stops, except something blatant like speeding, are attitude checks. They talk with you for a sec, decide if you smell like alcohol, or seem like you are hiding something. Its the way most traffic cops get busts for drugs, guns, warrants.

You dont think they really care about the busted tail light, do ya?

Glad you made it out OK CM. I for one, would be screwed. When I get high, I look plastered. Every stereotype you can picture, glassy red chinese eyes for sure.
cool and calm, used to being baked. 40 years plus..lol.
Last time cop asked me how fast I was going in my custom hot rod. Told him really don't know this car runs so smooth at 65 feels like your hardly moving, let me off with warning...68 in a 35.....

ftwendy

ftwendy

You're absolutely correct about the attitude check, Cort. Choose your words wisely. That's the key.

When the cops ask you if they can search say exactly this: "Oh, go ahead and have a look." When the officer asks you to step out of the car, then you can act surprised... "This seems like more than a quick check officer. Have I done something wrong?" Cop will make up some BS, anything to get themselves into your privacy. You need to stand your ground and explain that the officer is welcome to have a look around your car with his eyes, but you have to be somewhere and being on the side of the road is frightening you.

Now..... here's the kicker: ask what the officer is searching for, or what they think they will find. Start off cooperative, then become scared and intimidated... act like you are being bullied, because you are. Be sure you do this in sequence, because it matters. Think 'cooperative' then allow your nerves to shine through and start showing 'frightened'.

At this point you have not consented to a search and you have given two very good reasons for that decision without the officer inquiring why. This forthright behavior will throw him off his script.

You have also called the cop out on his bullshit suspicion and are holding his feet to the fire by making them explain what the search is for (in very plain language cuz your kinda slow about this stuff lol). That's the key. Make the officer get specific. If he cannot nail you down with 'I smell the joint you just stubbed out' then he will continue intimidating you with official hot air about safety and terrorists and kidnapped children. The hotter the officer's language gets, the more you know you have the upper hand. Just be cool. If you were dead to rights, then you'd already be in the back of the squad car. As long as you're still in your car and they're still asking for consent, you're still up and fighting. Don't give in.

Know what their plan is before they approach your car. Surprise, fear, and authority are their stock in trade. Make them regret using those tools on you... make them look like the thugs they are for using them. Because, after all, this stop is exposing you to undue scrutiny in an unsafe environment and that's not okay.

Stay safe out there. ftw

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

You're absolutely correct about the attitude check, Cort. Choose your words wisely. That's the key.

When the cops ask you if they can search say exactly this: "Oh, go ahead and have a look." When the officer asks you to step out of the car, then you can act surprised... "This seems like more than a quick check officer. Have I done something wrong?" Cop will make up some BS, anything to get themselves into your privacy. You need to stand your ground and explain that the officer is welcome to have a look around your car with his eyes, but you have to be somewhere and being on the side of the road is frightening you.

Now..... here's the kicker: ask what the officer is searching for, or what they think they will find. Start off cooperative, then become scared and intimidated... act like you are being bullied, because you are. Be sure you do this in sequence, because it matters. Think 'cooperative' then allow your nerves to shine through and start showing 'frightened'.

At this point you have not consented to a search and you have given two very good reasons for that decision without the officer inquiring why. This forthright behavior will throw him off his script.

You have also called the cop out on his bullshit suspicion and are holding his feet to the fire by making them explain what the search is for (in very plain language cuz your kinda slow about this stuff lol). That's the key. Make the officer get specific. If he cannot nail you down with 'I smell the joint you just stubbed out' then he will continue intimidating you with official hot air about safety and terrorists and kidnapped children. The hotter the officer's language gets, the more you know you have the upper hand. Just be cool. If you were dead to rights, then you'd already be in the back of the squad car. As long as you're still in your car and they're still asking for consent, you're still up and fighting. Don't give in.

Know what their plan is before they approach your car. Surprise, fear, and authority are their stock in trade. Make them regret using those tools on you... make them look like the thugs they are for using them. Because, after all, this stop is exposing you to undue scrutiny in an unsafe environment and that's not okay.

Stay safe out there. ftw
I did not consent officers in Ukiah and they whipped me out of my vehicle and were searching for an hour for nothing. This was during harvest season and maybe I stuck out with LA plates but nontheless I was fucked with and I'm fairly sharp on my toes. Just luck of bad luck.

fractaLz

fractaLz

I got fucked with in Ukiah too... Threw us in the backseat of the cruiser, I had just flown into SF, had nothing... Put my NY lawyer on the phone, and straightened Johnny Law out real quick. I still remember the look on his face, he got owned that day:)

ftwendy

ftwendy

I'm not saying that the method above is the silver bullet.... it's a good start at a defense for somebody who doesn't have an atty on retainer/speed dial.

Ultimately, these cops are thugs and they will do what ever they want. The point of everything I wrote is it will give your future atty solid footing for a defense, and that it does. Make the police declare what they're searching for. It will give you a fighting chance in court: they better find a roach if they say they smell one. If they find the russian prostitutes in your trunk but no reefer, well... you guys know the law.

I imagine you two said the wrong thing the wrong way. Been there myself (TX, UT, some other very bad places). What I outlined above has worked for me since those events (more than once), and it has worked much much better than the 'know your rights' spiel most people operate with.

Fact is, if the cops think there is evidence of a crime on/around you, then they can search you. That's probable cause. Most cops watch the same youtube videos we do, and they know our script as well as we know theirs. As soon as you start rattling off canned answers from those vids they know you're up to something and that can be part of their case against you. I imagine MWD and FractaLz both avoided a trip to the bear cave because the part the officer can fake (observing evidence of a crime, say a smell) did not pay off with the discovery of THAT evidence (or did it? I'm assuming not).

It's also worth mentioning that hunting chickens is difficult when you look like a fox. . . a clean car with a suit in the back seat tells a good story without saying one word.

Canappa

Canappa

Got me this morning in my Jag, The State Police got up on my ass while going to work on the freeway. I had just passed a truck doing about 80, speed limit was 70 but once I passed I slowed down, the next thing I see is the State Police on my ass then he pulled on my left and was right next to me for few minutes then takes off. I thought for sure I was getting a ticket for speeding. Being Hispanic and driving a Jaguar is just looking for trouble around my hood. But in my 92 Chevy beat up pick up truck the Cops dont look twice. Its all in what you drive that plays a role on getting pulled over.

I think its all a money game, the states are losing money and one way of increasing state revenue is buy giving out more tickets.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
WTF is that shit real? What a dumbass cop if so, knowing he is being recorded...

Natural

Natural

that's fake..wanna know why?..that cop knows he can search that car any time he pleases. All's he has to do is make some shit up..like 'I smell marijuana'. They've done that shit to people I know for sure...when there wasn't any chance of it. Profiling usually..tats, dreads, body mods..sloppy car..attitudes, and even nothing at all except being nervous can make them suspicious.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Cops seem to treat people well if they can mange to speak across to them- in other words- don't speak down to them nor abide them speaking down to you, and generally things work out well. Some people can't help but project the nature of a victim regardless of their current legal status and cops are trained to look for that shit to pounce on.

Plus mountain cops are a different type altogether. Different stresses, different responses.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Way way back in the day we were on our way to the Mustang Ranch, me and another fella. I was driving my 54 GMC pick up truck drinking beer and the CHP pulled us over. We poured the beer out a hatch on floor boards with cop behind us with lights on.
He asked us where we were going he told us not tonight. He said get this truck back to your camp and I better not see this truck on the road or I will haul you both in and next time you get pulled over do not pour beer out of vehicle.
We said yes sir. got back to camp, had a few more then off we went to the ranch no worries...

Kendo

Kendo

Having been a MP in the Army I speak Cop and generally either get out of a ticket or get a Dramatically reduced one. The only time I ever had issues was when Dredlocked. Instant profiling.

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

I feel like cops are a bunch of guys who were picked on in school by ppl like me and now its revenge time!!! LOL these guy wake up in the morning, put on a badge and load their gun and they turn into superman... Do what they want with no repercussions. I think these days they are a lot more cautious though with cameras and cell phones everywhere now a days... Don't get pulled over in Flint, MI or eastside of Detroit or LA or Chicago or certain parts of NY. These cops will beat your ass then rob you and not give a fuck... On a last note though they are not all scumbags only 94.5% are.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I feel like cops are a bunch of guys who were picked on in school by ppl like me and now its revenge time!!! LOL these guy wake up in the morning, put on a badge and load their gun and they turn into superman... Do what they want with no repercussions. I think these days they are a lot more cautious though with cameras and cell phones everywhere now a days... Don't get pulled over in Flint, MI or eastside of Detroit or LA or Chicago or certain parts of NY. These cops will beat your ass then rob you and not give a fuck... On a last note though they are not all scumbags only 94.5% are.
A good friend is a Nyc detective, special crime unit going after the real scumbags.
last visit we did mushrooms and floated the river.
Great guy, family man, loves and plays music, very even keel, is a person before cop.
Would smoke if he could, would never hassle anybody for smoking, just look the other way, bigger shit to deal with...
we have laughed till tears flow many times not even baked..
So there are a few good guys who are doing good...

Top Bottom