Correct rh and temp?

• Thread starter Gamechanga12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gamechanga12

What is the best RH and Temp for veg? I keep having a issue with what looks like nitrogen toxicity but it can't be. @Seamaiden pointed out a vbp chart but I do not understand it. I have plants in veg the looked good and when I checked today all the leaf tips were curling down like a nitrogen toxicity. Please help

T

toquer

The vpd chart is very useful if you get it. There was a thread about it just yesterday. But the ideal in my opinion moves throughout the grow cycle. Anything in the mid 70's F is good, too low and it's cold and not worth paying to keep it at a certain point. So for that temperature you need to determine how much draw you want the air to have upon the plants leaf surface. I like 1.15 to 1.20, unless I need to play catch up, but that's a different story. Anyways, back to the desired humidity. @ say 74 I'd like 60%.
Reason being @ 55% the plant needs a supplementation of water between scheduled watering/feeding. Like an unscheduled one or I need to increase pot size. There is to much drawn from the air, there is a lack of moisture and the plant had to make that up.
On the other end of things, if the humidity were instead 65%, the plant would not consume all that it is given and my run off would be greater. Because of this I would get a build up of moisture below the canopy encouraging anarobic fungal growth.
Now just a few degrees warmer and things change. @ 78F I'd wan't the humidity up at 65% to slow the plants rate of transpiration. Any drier and the plant needs more water and less nutrient.
I hope this helps to clarify vpd.
Now leaf curl, that's typically excess nutrients in the soil. Maybe it was too dry and you fed instead of watered.
Tell us more about your environment.

burn4me

burn4me

The vpd chart is very useful if you get it. There was a thread about it just yesterday. But the ideal in my opinion moves throughout the grow cycle. Anything in the mid 70's F is good, too low and it's cold and not worth paying to keep it at a certain point. So for that temperature you need to determine how much draw you want the air to have upon the plants leaf surface. I like 1.15 to 1.20, unless I need to play catch up, but that's a different story. Anyways, back to the desired humidity. @ say 74 I'd like 60%.
Reason being @ 55% the plant needs a supplementation of water between scheduled watering/feeding. Like an unscheduled one or I need to increase pot size. There is to much drawn from the air, there is a lack of moisture and the plant had to make that up.
On the other end of things, if the humidity were instead 65%, the plant would not consume all that it is given and my run off would be greater. Because of this I would get a build up of moisture below the canopy encouraging anarobic fungal growth.
Now just a few degrees warmer and things change. @ 78F I'd wan't the humidity up at 65% to slow the plants rate of transpiration. Any drier and the plant needs more water and less nutrient.
I hope this helps to clarify vpd.
Now leaf curl, that's typically excess nutrients in the soil. Maybe it was too dry and you fed instead of watered.
Tell us more about your environment.
hell of an answer. Very good break down of vpd. I had trouble with it at first too. Especially in winter with the air being drier. All in all i have great response from plants at 74-78° and 60-65% rh. But every environment is different and what i find great may be harder/easier for you to replicate. Good luck

Muckman420

Muckman420

At "night" during the day for my girls it's hard to keep them at 70 and 53% it's 68 and 53% please any input is greatly appreciated

Muckman420

Muckman420

Now we're at 40% RH and 82 degrees temp dropping 1 degree every 10-15 min with misting, and fans are working, I really don't like dessert conditions. Shall get a tent a humidifier, A/C - heater.

Has any one noticed a difference between box fans and oscillating fans? I'm runnin 2 box fans and a ceiling fan. Still need fundage for the rest of the venting, I have the fan and no extra ducting :( we will prevail

J

jinxjj

Try to stay in the green
https://images.search.yahoo.com/ima...=yhs-mozilla-001&hsimp=yhs-001&hspart=mozilla

Muckman420

Muckman420

I have the chart, I know what needs to be done, I'm on a fixed income and can only do so much with what I have each month. This has been in the makings for a cool min, due to a car accident the three of us were able to start. Now the dough is running low and bills and food take precedence.... I think thing will work out, I spend too much time lovin the lady's for them to act shy now.

Muckman420

Muckman420

From what I gather here
if I can stay in the green they will be ok?
And between 70-76 with an rH of 60-65% is optimal?

Looks like I should take some classes, I have the room ducted for heating and air but the room is in the east wing in a 5 br house, it takes time for that side to catch up to the rest of the house, maybe bigger ducts...

J

jinxjj

From what I gather hereView attachment 473777if I can stay in the green they will be ok?
And between 70-76 with an rH of 60-65% is optimal?

Looks like I should take some classes, I have the room ducted for heating and air but the room is in the east wing in a 5 br house, it takes time for that side to catch up to the rest of the house, maybe bigger ducts...

You may want to consider an inline booster fan as well.

As for the RH, i honestly think it is strain specific, some plants may react better on different ends of the spectrum.

Top Bottom