Correct time to foliar spray

• Thread starter doBpop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

doBpop

Thanks in advance for the help everyone!

What is the 'correct' time to foliar spray with indoor hydro under 1000 HPS in 12/12?

Just before lights out or just after lights on or does it matter?

Actually I am specifically referring to spraying with water to kill pollen after I find a male ball busted on herms more than anything.

Thanks!

S

SoCaler

Hey doBpop

To kill pollen I would spray when needed, just raise your lights until the water dries so you don't burn your girls.

For feeding I feed 20 to 30 minutes before light come on, it gives it time to soak in and their dry when lights turn on.

Be careful when your buds fatten up, you don't want to get mold.

Peace

aleYarok

aleYarok

sorry for the noob questions but...

how do you spray with lights off? do u have a green light??
i know light leaks are bad, but its ok to open the door and enter with lights off? is it not enough light to really do anything? i know not to do it all the time, but once or twice a week for foliar spray is ok?

D

doBpop

I a noob also but from what I understand they should NOT get any light whatsoever during 12/12 dark cycle.

Use a green light if you must go in.

HTH

aleYarok

aleYarok

but when you go in (and leave) you let light in for a second

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

I think your better off to spray right after light outs.....reason being that the stomata takes about an hour to open after lights come on....this same reason is why you do not apply c02 until an hour after lights on to give the stomata time to open and also high levels of c02 will actually prevent the stomata from opening.

Peace!

audius

audius

i folar feed right at lights on,,i try to mimic the normal morning dew

devious d

devious d

if im spraying for mites i like a dark period after as they burn easier than when feeding, never had the pollen problem as yet .

J

Jalisco Kid

Spraying plants with the lights on does not harm the plants,why pass on myths? Try spraying a branch near your light. JK

420Gator

420Gator

i agree, i spray mine with the lights on several times a day thru out veg and the first 2 weeks of flower. ive never had any problems but i have a very dry room

U

username09

I foliar feed multiple times a day. I try to feed first about 10 mins after lights on then throughout the day I spray them a few times trying to soak the tops and underside of the leaves. I've been using fox farms big bloom (think that's the name) to foliar feed. Had it left over from a soil grow I did last year. I kinda give it a breakfast, lunch, and dinner you could say. I use a solution just a bit weaker than it calls for since I feed multiple times. So far no nute burns.

devious d

devious d

Snap i spray my veg room a couple of times a day to keep humidity up during lights on, its only the mite spray ive had probs with the lights on/.

T

Tesseract

Penetrator + whatever else you wan't = WIN. Allows 100% of the solution to enter the leaves and, like dish soap, makes spraying during the day easy by not allowing droplets to act as a magnifying glass.

Penetrator is base, so you must add a touch of ph down to the solution. No more then 400ppm of nutrients at a time.

Try not to spray more then once or a few times a week. Spraying often will trick the plant into thinking its food comes from the spray causing poor root development.

T

Top Bottom