Correct ventilation configuration? Please check if correct.

• Thread starter hilykplanes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Do i have correct ventilation configuration?

• grow room design

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ventilation

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
H

hilykplanes

Hey i am attempting my first hydro grow and am trying to work out how to achieve and amazing air flow system. I have established i want a 1.2m2 tent by 2m, i have calculated how much ventilation i need but am really confused about the ventilation configuration. I want a carbon filter and really good circulation throughout the tent as well as a cooled light. I thought the air sock by budbox was a good idea if anyone is wondering what that is on the bottom of the picture i drew. Can you tell me if i have the right idea or not and can you suggest any changes.

Correct ventilation configuration please check if correct
urbanfog

urbanfog

looks like it will work. I currently have scrubber outside tent, pulling thru 2 600's , negative pressure via tent vents.

H

hilykplanes

Do you think i should have 2 600 for my setup? And do you think the vents work? This has got top and bottom negatives, i learned at college thats best way of temp control. I have no idea if it will work though, will the y pieces actually half the suck or less?

washburn4life

washburn4life

I would say its way to fancy! and it wont work like they diagram shows.

I think the air sock would be great on a ten foot plus size wall. But in a tent sounds not needed and extra cost and you have two Y fitting that are again not needed and additional costs.

All you need for an intake is a hole for air to go through bigger the better almost all tents have these on there bottems.

Air will find the path of least resistance. You want to control it by forcing the air through a vented hood, to grab heat at the source and a carbon filter for smell. The idea hear is not just for heat but FRESH AIR. Fresh air is loaded with CO2. Recerculated air, in a grow tent is not.

Good Air is not all about air exchange rate and the us full formulas that are out there you want air moving in ever direction. Stagnant air in your corners and in the middle of the tent are growers biggest problems. But over doing it can thrash the plants and they get wind stress. Its best to have a lot of circulation fans on low. then one on high.

After saving all that money on that sock and y fitting you should get some wall fans they are a must for any grower! I swear by them

3oShivaRider

way too fancy. It's unnecessary. I'd say have a simple intake, an exhaust and have the exhaust hooked to a carbon filter. Spend the saved money on fans like the previous poster said. Cheers

3oShivaRider

Hey i am attempting my first hydro grow and am trying to work out how to achieve and amazing air flow system. I have established i want a 1.2m2 tent by 2m, i have calculated how much ventilation i need but am really confused about the ventilation configuration. I want a carbon filter and really good circulation throughout the tent as well as a cooled light. I thought the air sock by budbox was a good idea if anyone is wondering what that is on the bottom of the picture i drew. Can you tell me if i have the right idea or not and can you suggest any changes.

way too fancy. It's unnecessary. I'd say have a simple intake, an exhaust and have the exhaust hooked to a carbon filter. Spend the saved money on fans like the previous poster said. Cheers

Latest posts

Top Bottom