Correcting Improper Soil Amendment Ratios?

• Thread starter Minitiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Minitiger

Minitiger

what did you do with the soil after the first mix ? let it sit on tarp or in a bucket ? did you turn it over after ten days, remixing or just let it sit ....... ? was the soil moist or dry ?

how long did it sit before you used it ?

Hey, thanks for chiming in. This was just last week, so I haven't used the mix yet. I'm letting it cook in a 25 gallon Rubbermaid container with very small holes drilled in the bottom and sides of the container. I've turned it over twice since the initial mixing, once when I added more of the base mix (two days after I made the first batch) and then again after three days. Been trying to keep it moist by misting it with RO water from a spray bottle twice a day (once in the morning, once at night), but I am afraid that it may have gotten a little too dry. It's in my garage, which is fairly dry. Plus, I live in SoCal, which is also pretty dry, haha.

That was another question I had, so thanks for bringing that up. If the soil mix gets a little too dry, is it useless? I dumped about a half gallon of RO water on it when I turned it three days ago. I do feel like maybe the holes in the container were a bad idea, as it may be letting the soil breathe a little TOO much. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all of you for helping me out.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Live micro's bacteria and fungi. Best shit hands down is Capulators Og biowar line and Grokashi's bokashi. http://ogbiowar.com/ and http://gro-kashi.com/. And why your at it join our probiotic farmers alliance on Facebook.

Ah, okay. Just looked at their website briefly. Is that something I should add now, or once I've sprouted my seeds? I noticed that the OG biowarfare line contained mycorrhizae, which I thought was something you add once plant roots are present.

Also, new development, I just went into the garage to mist both soil mixes and the batch in question has a bunch of gnats in the soil. The second batch I mixed, which is sitting right next to the first batch, has none. This can't be a good thing, right? I'm thinking maybe I should just trash that first batch....

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
My Friend. You need to learn to use the search function. There are numerous threads on soil , organic soil, soil recipes, how to treat soil, how to reuse soil. There Is A Whole Section On Soil.
There is also a section on pests, and a whole section about ogbiowar.
You need to just keep researching and reading.
Or check the grow diaries section. Find a style you like and copy it.
Best of luck.
Peace

Minitiger

Minitiger

My Friend. You need to learn to use the search function. There are numerous threads on soil , organic soil, soil recipes, how to treat soil, how to reuse soil. There Is A Whole Section On Soil.
There is also a section on pests, and a whole section about ogbiowar.
You need to just keep researching and reading.
Or check the grow diaries section. Find a style you like and copy it.
Best of luck.
Peace

Haha, yeah, I think I've read every single one of those. Twice haha. That's what I was saying about reading so much that I was paralyzed by info overload. I've literally spent the past five years reading about organic growing (while waiting to move into a place where I had extra room for my grow). There seems to be a lot of conflicting/contradictory info out there, which is why I'm confused, I guess. I mean, the only reason I even started this thread was because I've spent the last week looking all over the internet to see if improper soil amendment ratios could be corrected, ya know? But I'll check them out again, particularly the pest section.

Thanks for responding.

dilligaf

dilligaf

I have been using revs soil recipes for years using blind faith...they are all hot recipes...i use the blended mix in lower half of containers...i put a one inch layer of perlite on top of that a thin layer of used soil mixed with castings then transplant using the used soil and castings...i do the layers he recommends but only use the spikes for ten plus week strains...and his strains can be heavy feeders...good luck

D

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Haha, yeah, I think I've read every single one of those. Twice haha. That's what I was saying about reading so much that I was paralyzed by info overload. I've literally spent the past five years reading about organic growing (while waiting to move into a place where I had extra room for my grow). There seems to be a lot of conflicting/contradictory info out there, which is why I'm confused, I guess. I mean, the only reason I even started this thread was because I've spent the last week looking all over the internet to see if improper soil amendment ratios could be corrected, ya know? But I'll check them out again, particularly the pest section.

Thanks for responding.

I think your problem may be, you have been reading about organic cannabis farming. Try to learn plant physiology first, then learn what cannabis needs. Lots of fake canna info out there.

Top Bottom