Cosmos Question Thread

• Thread starter CosmoGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
okay, just took my bag of perlite and dumped it in the happy frog bag at a good ratio so i dont forget next time. Everyday i make minor adjustments to this tent that are going to make huge differences, and i hate figuring out something i should have done, after i did it. Lol like i wish i knew to add perlite before, now ill panic about watering. Hahahaha. but i now i know!! thanks for the lesson jack, im reading all about VPD right now!
It’s the one thing most advanced growers swear by! So yes read up the VPD!

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
One side note; since we think that the soil is probably a little too wet, run your dehumidifier at about 45% for about 3 days to suck the excess moisture out then once she is sufficiently dry. Water less and up the humidity to 60-65%. And maintain it. Too wet a soil and too wet an environment will cause wilting and eventual root zone death. So make changes incrementally. Changes should be over time. And allow for plants to acclimate, this adds a week or more to each cycle change but in the end you will have a solid idea as to what works for your grow.
Phenom and genome all react and change any plant to its environment. The same plant strain grown with another set of conditions will exhibit very different phenomenon to another of the same. Work out what works best to your setup. And remember to let her recover and grow before too drastic a change is attempted again

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
One side note; since we think that the soil is probably a little too wet, run your dehumidifier at about 45% for about 3 days to suck the excess moisture out then once she is sufficiently dry. Water less and up the humidity to 60-65%. And maintain it. Too wet a soil and too wet an environment will cause wilting and eventual root zone death. So make changes incrementally. Changes should be over time. And allow for plants to acclimate, this adds a week or more to each cycle change but in the end you will have a solid idea as to what works for your grow.
Phenom and genome all react and change any plant to its environment. The same plant strain grown with another set of conditions will exhibit very different phenomenon to another of the same. Work out what works best to your setup. And remember to let her recover and grow before too drastic a change is attempted again
Thanks for this jack! Currently running 46% humidity. Thats where i have my gauge set top.

Woke up this morning to a new of problems in the newly transplanted seedlings. Just came from a little starter tray of fox farm ocean forest into happy frog and theyre showing like, maybe a sign of a deficiency? it might be to early, and they are just practice plants (just want to get them to a foot tall then flower) just trying to get this watering down, their SHITTY BAG SEEDS LOL. Maybe its to early, but i think i may see yellowing already starting around the edges? panic??? its a sour kush bag seed!
20191103 101839

But then, i have this weird deformed one that wont get better LOL.
20191103 102108

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Thanks for this jack! Currently running 46% humidity. Thats where i have my gauge set top.

Woke up this morning to a new of problems in the newly transplanted seedlings. Just came from a little starter tray of fox farm ocean forest into happy frog and theyre showing like, maybe a sign of a deficiency? it might be to early, and they are just practice plants (just want to get them to a foot tall then flower) just trying to get this watering down, their SHITTY BAG SEEDS LOL. Maybe its to early, but i think i may see yellowing already starting around the edges? panic??? its a sour kush bag seed!
View attachment 906960
But then, i have this weird deformed one that wont get better LOL. View attachment 906959
Leave them be, they have enough of everything at this stage, keep em dry and wait

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Leave them be, they have enough of everything at this stage, keep em dry and wait

Opinion on bag seeds? What to look for? are they weaker? i heard good chance of the bud being seedy?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Opinion on bag seeds? What to look for? are they weaker? i heard good chance of the bud being seedy?
All dependent on how that seed came to be. Say a male got loose and the grower didn’t catch it and seeded some, well then you may have regular seeds that you will need to sex out male to female once it’s in flower, fairly easy to tell a male apart.
But if it was a hermie, then chances are it’s offspring will be very unstable and may show signs of balls as well, I’d kill the plant if I saw this. Can ruin a run
But say you have the holy grail and it’s a self pollinate, rare but it happens , plants under stress and or left on stalk long after she was ready will flip bananas and self pollinate, if that’s the case then chances are u ha e some feminized seeds, Rare but possible .
so I’d watch them and see what develops, and hope for the best. Bags seeds can be some fire and some can be just crap. If u have the time and space run it. But if u don’t have that luxury of time and space, I’d just chuck em outside for a summer run outdoor, then u may get some buds without risking your known strain run

Moshmen

Moshmen

Most are stress seeds and have a high hermaphroditism rate. Which can produce both sex organs to seed itself and/or . All of which are bad things I think everyone here has let one finish just to see though . Good luck
P.s. #1 want good bud start with good seed.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter

Still no response on this guy, and ideas as to what could be happening? this is a seedsman blue cheese seed apparently!

Moshmen

Moshmen

View attachment 907100

Still no response on this guy, and ideas as to what could be happening? this is a seedsman blue cheese seed apparently!
I have a Seedsman autoflower that came up lookin similar , I just held the course and today she’s growing fairly normal, but all foliage has the same discoloration I don’t know why? I’m personally just ignoring it and treating it like s heathy plant at this point, for fear of over feeding locking out
49298FB2 FBE7 4D3B B215 2A57423CD2AF

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
I have a Seedsman autoflower that came up lookin similar , I just held the course and today she’s growing fairly normal, but all foliage has the same discoloration I don’t know why? I’m personally just ignoring it and treating it like s heathy plant at this point, for fear of over feeding locking out
View attachment 907102

Yep, im just letting er go too. i mean, i have the space and the time to see what happens so why not. fuk it. So i just had another issue happen to me that i question. So obviously im going to bring it up here. But i believe this one is starting to act up.

I know its hard to tell from the pictures, infact, i dont think you can really tell, im just going to need you to take my word, but when i water him, he turns a shade of purple. As if hes being choked and cant breathe. every water, no matter how much. Im wondering if im having root issues with this one, as i did the last one?
i wonder if its having issues uptaking nutrients n stuff?
This plant is in oFFOF
20191103 230404
20191103 230340

Last edited:
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Pretty upset @Jack og , i wish i knew to add perlite to the happy frog before, i hate this learning curve, but its okay. i am definitely seeing the clay like effects. out of 8 plants 4 of them are in happy frog and its making me nervous lol.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Yep, im just letting er go too. i mean, i have the space and the time to see what happens so why not. fuk it. So i just had another issue happen to me that i question. So obviously im going to bring it up here. But i believe this one is starting to act up.

I know its hard to tell from the pictures, infact, i dont think you can really tell, im just going to need you to take my word, but when i water him, he turns a shade of purple. As if hes being choked and cant breathe. every water, no matter how much. Im wondering if im having root issues with this one, as i did the last one?
i wonder if its having issues uptaking nutrients n stuff?
This plant is in oFFOF
View attachment 907118 View attachment 907126
Tough to see big looks fairly healthy to me ?

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
So that same plant now has leaves at the bottom turning colors. Hmmm, i really feel like there might be a root issue.

20191104 105314 1
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So that same plant now has leaves at the bottom turning colors. Hmmm, i really feel like there might be a root issue.
Low humidity will increase water and nutrient uptake. You can't change the amount of nutrients in the soil so controlling your humidity will help you adjust the nutrient uptake. To me it look like they are getting to much. If you can get the humidity up to 65% they may fair a little better but if not it's just a waiting game until they grow into it.

Also if that leaf is resting on the soil it's not going to be able to respire properly not a good thing to have and if that's the case I personally would remove them

Top Bottom