Could A Bad Vpd Cause This?

• Thread starter YaBuddy321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

YaBuddy321

I have some in my own homemade super soil, some in vemi fire soil, and some in ffof soil. I tried different soils to see if it was the problem. I've scopes multiples times with a 100x scope and haven't seen and bugs. Im using RO and cal mag but on one plant used tap to see if that were the issue but it wasn't. I've also been PHing even tho they say not to in organics and its been between 6-7 mostly around 6.2. Using compost teas also. Some may say under watering, but I do not think so, I wait until the pots are light, the bottom leaves start to droop, and use a soil meter. They are always some what drooping weather not watered or just watered. Looks like lock out to me but in organics? Also I don't know if you can see but there are purple stems also.
Thanks

Could a bad vpd cause this
Could a bad vpd cause this 2
Could a bad vpd cause this 3
Could a bad vpd cause this 4
Could a bad vpd cause this 5
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

doesn't look like a vdp issue to me.
tips look like their nute burning. dark spotting is cal mag issue (imo), and some ph probs, razor leaf edges not sure. and way low of an rh level for sure.

Y

YaBuddy321

tips look like their nute burning. dark spotting is cal mag issue (imo), and some ph probs, razor leaf edges not sure. and way low of an rh level for sure.
Ya the RH was making think VPD. I have a humidifier for a 2,200 space in a 4x4 tent and it raised it from 15% to 30% lol

Y

YaBuddy321

What would you do with plants looking that way?

sixstring

sixstring

i think he nailed it for the most part.but i would try to give some plain water at 6.8ph 6.2 is kinda low in organics imo.
Ya the RH was making think VPD. I have a humidifier for a 2,200 space in a 4x4 tent and it raised it from 15% to 30% lol
also getting rh up to around 50% will def help the plants rebound quicker.you need to try and get the whole room they are in to 50to 60% rh not just the tent.get a bigger unit or a second one or go the fogger route like mentioned.but they do look a bit unhappy and overfed.that said most my plants have some tip burn because at some point i pushed em to the edge with nutes.i would rather them have a lil extra in the soil than to be hungry all the time and under developed.just my style.sounds like you just need to tweak your soil recipe a lil to maybe lower nute levels a touch and raise ph a hair.shoot for 6.5 to 6.7

Y

YaBuddy321

i think he nailed it for the most part.but i would try to give some plain water at 6.8ph 6.2 is kinda low in organics imo.

also getting rh up to around 50% will def help the plants rebound quicker.you need to try and get the whole room they are in to 50to 60% rh not just the tent.get a bigger unit or a second one or go the fogger route like mentioned.but they do look a bit unhappy and overfed.that said most my plants have some tip burn because at some point i pushed em to the edge with nutes.i would rather them have a lil extra in the soil than to be hungry all the time and under developed.just my style.sounds like you just need to tweak your soil recipe a lil to maybe lower nute levels a touch and raise ph a hair.shoot for 6.5 to 6.7
Can you even truly PH RO water?

sixstring

sixstring

Can you even truly PH RO water?
yes,but you can also ph or buffer your soil,thats what i was talking about.try putting a touch of nutes in the ro and check ph.like just 50 to 100 ppm of nutes will change the water,im not sure what you have there for that but even calmag will change r/o.if its not where you want it use ph up or down,but keep in mind clean water will adjust with very little chems like ph up and down.

Y

YaBuddy321

yes,but you can also ph or buffer your soil,thats what i was talking about.try putting a touch of nutes in the ro and check ph.like just 50 to 100 ppm of nutes will change the water,im not sure what you have there for that but even calmag will change r/o.if its not where you want it use ph up or down,but keep in mind clean water will adjust with very little chems like ph up and down.
I did add dolomite lime to the soil

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I see a calcium deficiency.
Make sure you are letting your soil dry our between waterings as this can cause issues.

Best of luck. Peace

R

rascali

I think your ph is drifting down and locking out your K, exacerbated by a too-dry soil. You want to water before the plant is drooping, as that is at the end of the plank as far as the plant is concerned.

It would help to know your soil recipe and all additives that you use...

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

don't wait for the plants to droop. You are dealing with a general NPK lockout due to poor soil structure and root health, sounds like you've changed many variables in your grow and the problem is still there, next thing I'd recommend changing is your watering.

Wait until the pots are light, but not bone-dry. Letting the soil routinely dry out causes compaction which makes nutrients unavailable and makes it difficult for roots and water to travel through the soil.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

dolomite lime is great. 1 cup per 1.5cu' of soil or 1 tablsp per cup of soil (same end measurement). it will help buffer ph in soil. been using it for 4+ yrs and ive never once checked ph run-off. 6.4-6.7 ph is ideal. on my feed days my nutes by default ph is 6.2-6.3, so I just run with it. my plants seem and look very healthy. as far as what to do with your plants. above posters all made very good recommendations. wait a week after you start remedying the present issues to see if it fixed things. if not, then back to the drawing board. one main important thing is getting your humidity in check and in the middle to upper 50's at the very least. the fogger system I use is very expensive (250.00+), compared to a regular humidifier. but works awesome. ive accidentally had spikes of 82% rh at times, so I just adjust my fan speed accordingly in my fogger tub.

Y

YaBuddy321

I think your ph is drifting down and locking out your K, exacerbated by a too-dry soil. You want to water before the plant is drooping, as that is at the end of the plank as far as the plant is concerned.

It would help to know your soil recipe and all additives that you use...
It was subcools

Top Bottom