Could Air Stones Be Doing More Harm Than Good?

• Thread starter FooDoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I think it's well water high in iron as have to chlorine blasts or smells like rotten eggs...
High Sulfur content water is where the rotten egg smell comes from. Most people around here with high Sulfur contents in their water use Hydrogen Peroxide injection to eliminate the smell.

JMcG

JMcG

Googled it. Got it. You're using them as a method of aeration.
I think I will give those CMH units a shot too. I have been using 600 Hps for years, taking a pass on leds. But these sound like th way to go, and I am always a fan of saving money on my electric bill!
Horizontal vs vertical? I heard they were meant to be hung vertically, did our industry figure out how to use them horizontally just to save room/ height?

F

FooDoo

successfully made the switch to tap water. super thrilled about that. once it comes out of the small boy filter its .3 ec and around 7.4 PH. I simply removed the calimaigc and just use tap + a/b to get to .6 ec.

i love using tap because ive never seen my PH so stable. normally it drops the first 24 hours but mines stayed rock solid.

DSC 0668
DSC 0682
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

A lot of municipalities recycle waste water. If yours does you will likely have a cocktail of pharma drugs that were flushed. The residues are not filtered= bad for cooking, drinking, bathing, or plant feeding

F

FooDoo

A lot of municipalities recycle waste water. If yours does you will likely have a cocktail of pharma drugs that were flushed. The residues are not filtered= bad for cooking, drinking, bathing, or plant feeding

not sure what you are going on about. i stated my small boy filtered tap water is working even better than my RO water.

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

man , i had stabaler ph with ransid sulfer , chlorine smelling putrid shit water tap too . its ph was 7 . mines 8.5 now. i used to get burning rashs from showering in burian wa. water. Sit it out for days doesnt flash chlorine off enough what so ever. lol. . Like drinkin m.m.s. litterally. whew.yuck ! I tried to r.o. the shit and it killed my 4 filters over night. lol. I hooked up my atmospheric water generator up because humidity was to low to make enough drinkin water. i never did that again ,lol.

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

when i started growing i did nft. One of the first strains i did was "35 day". Anyway , the weed is pretty much bread to be oderless and tasteless. All but the burien water ,lol. You could taste it .

JinkysOars

JinkysOars

IMG 1158
IMG 1159
IMG 1160

I went ahead and knocked up a larger single plant system this time i'll drop the air stones and go with a recirculating system! I've went with a Venturi for now as the noise from waterfalling seemed a bit loud with stealth a priority in my location! I'm really looking forward to see how this compares with running air stones on my next run.

F

FooDoo

F

FooDoo

id like to go ahead and wrap this up. the test was extremely successful and my room has overgrown itself at the end of week 6/start of week 7. 14 day veg was too much for the explosive new healthy roots. ill no longer be using these forums so feel free to discuss among yourselves or find me on IG or another forum if i so choose to make an account

DSC 0687
DSC 0680
MirrorZen

MirrorZen

id like to go ahead and wrap this up. the test was extremely successful and my room has overgrown itself at the end of week 6/start of week 7. 14 day veg was too much for the explosive new healthy roots. ill no longer be using these forums so feel free to discuss among yourselves or find me on IG or another forum if i so choose to make an account
All done with this forum eh?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Foo... where ya going? Fvck the drama and bs if that's why your leaving. Don't let it get to you.

Back ot, I ran 4 aero cloners with air stones and 2 with out (by mistake). There was no change in growth vs the ones with or without out. The ones w/o had slightly stinky water.

Top Bottom