Could anyone tell me if these look ready

• Thread starter Albie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Albie

Albie

Hi there I’m new to this site have read a bunch of articles, I’m not sure if these are ready for harvest my tri’s are 30% amber but the stigmas are not turning on my main cola but the rest look to me like their ready but I’ve only grown a couple seasons now, I’m just worried I’m going to have too much amber if I wait for the main to ripen ty in advance

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Sacred Tree Organic Farms
Supporter
Looks great to me! Pistils look great as well they have a nice reddish brown hint! That’s pretty much my rule too is 30% amber. I’d say it’s harvest time!

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Are you checking the trichomes on the sugar leaf or the actual bud? If you are 30% amber on the bud, I'd agree with these guys, it would be a good time to harvest. Trichomes on sugar leaves will mature faster than the buds. Nice looking flower, I hope it tastes as great as it looks :)

Albie

Albie

Looks great to me! Pistils look great as well they have a nice reddish brown hint! That’s pretty much my rule too is 30% amber. I’d say it’s harvest time!

I’m just unsure about the bottom of the buds done have 30% amber, they are all cloudy but if I wait for hem to turn amber the top will be over ripe is that correct or no?

Albie

Albie

I’m just unsure about the bottom of the buds done have 30% amber, they are all cloudy but if I wait for hem to turn amber the top will be over ripe is that correct or no?
Sorry I meant do I wait for bottom to catch up or will the top be over ripe if I did that?

Albie

Albie

Are you checking the trichomes on the sugar leaf or the actual bud? If you are 30% amber on the bud, I'd agree with these guys, it would be a good time to harvest. Trichomes on sugar leaves will mature faster than the buds. Nice looking flower, I hope it tastes as great as it looks :)
The tris are on the bus, I have read a lot of stuff I do know there sugar leaves turn before the bud

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
Sorry I meant do I wait for bottom to catch up or will the top be over ripe if I did that?
This is a great question! I’m curious too now!

Albie

Albie

It does have one heck of a smell I’m really looking forward to it, do you cure in jars?

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

This is a great question! I’m curious too now!
I would harvest now because they will still continue to ripen slightly as you are hang drying the plants. The bottom of the buds are ready, the top almost, but if you wait for the top to be just right, your bottom is now overdone. THC will convert to CBN (desired by some people) but this is what you are seeing when the trichomes change from milky to amber.

Albie

Albie

I would harvest now because they will still continue to ripen slightly as you are hang drying the plants. The bottom of the buds are ready, the top almost, but if you wait for the top to be just right, your bottom is now overdone. THC will convert to CBN (desired by some people) but this is what you are seeing when the trichomes change from milky to amber.
Ty very much I was thinking that myself I’m going to harvest my one tonight! Thanks again, I have been curing my first one in jars I think I lost smell do u use jars to cure?

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Yes, I like to use ball jars to cure after a nice 10-14 day hang dry. If the buds are properly dry when you put them into the jars (they will still have some internal moisture) I try and fill the jar to the top, without packing the bud in there tightly. For me, it seems this helps keep some of the smell compared to if I left the jar half full.

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
Yes, I like to use ball jars to cure after a nice 10-14 day hang dry. If the buds are properly dry when you put them into the jars (they will still have some internal moisture) I try and fill the jar to the top, without packing the bud in there tightly. For me, it seems this helps keep some of the smell compared to if I left the jar half full.
You seem pretty knowledgeable! If you want you should check my thread out for my grow and see if you could throw any recommendations or pointers this way also!

sambapati

sambapati

Recommend boveda packs and daily 5 minute burping

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Very dark green lots of white pistils I wouldn't Harvest that yet you might want to flush it first and that will let it finish up, best way to tell is look at the trichomes with magnification

Moshmen

Moshmen

I’m with beachman on this one looks great but I’d do another 5-7 days as well they just don’t look done yet.

I’ll theow in my opinion on bovedas - don’t use them unless you have to! Just my opinion

sambapati

sambapati

I’m with beachman on this one looks great but I’d do another 5-7 days as well they just don’t look done yet.

I’ll theow in my opinion on bovedas - don’t use them unless you have to! Just my opinion
I thought it was SOP.....but to each their own stainless steel vaults et al....

Top Bottom