Could I use something like this (geopot planter) as an indoor bed?

• Thread starter legaleyes13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
I've been looking into this as well. Unfortunately, I already have 3x3 outer diameter flood trays, so I need a bed liner that is more like 33" squared, so a bit smaller than the 3x3 geopot. I've been looking around for this smaller version but to no avail. Sorry to derail, but does anyone know where I could find them?

Last edited:
ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

im currently using round, smartpot beds. i have 4 36" round pots. they each sit on a 4x4 table with drains on each one. pure coco. Botanicare KIND nutrients with, other add-ins like, budswell, terpinator, MOAB, occasionally throw in some cal-mag. ph 5.6-6.0. And im killing it. ive just recently started using the beds. and have just started to figure out the nutrient schedule needed. unfortunately my room is having some ventilation and heat issues im working on. but besides from that, I love coco in beds on tables to drain. KIND line works wonders as a base nute for coco because of the added calcium.

just thought i would give my two cents and whats working for me. good thread btw great info. i will be switching to the geo pots because of the square shape and pvc framing.

t.o.med

t.o.med

I use the geoplanters. Promix, Gaia 4-4-4 organic mix and worm castings. I dont have a drain im using blunats with the pressure reducer. Its easy to adjust the moisture level in the beds with the blumats.
20150314 014934

t.o.med

t.o.med

I havent had to add anything to the beds during flower except water. The pots on the other hand ive had to top dress with worm castings and a small scoop of the 4-4-4 organic mix.

I've been trying to make things as simple as possible. The no till beds and blumats seems to be the way. The reason my beds are on the floor with no drain is I'm using gavitas having them on the floor lets me crank them up to 1150 with no problems.

Winged Sun

Winged Sun

Also, Used 14 gal geopots outdoor, 4 hours full sun at peak summer, 11 plants, 7 pounds. Watered 1gallon every day, minimal nutrients, mostly spring water. Moved weekly so no rooting into the ground..dunno whats down there..used to be an old farmhouse site.

Latest posts

Top Bottom