Could my blurple be better than a full spectrum?

• Thread starter gorillaglueaaron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
lol. I have been reading and discussing this for over 5 years now.

Many of the led “enthusiasts” online are on their 3rd and 4th versions. Spending thousands. And the weed looks exactly the same.
They're spending the time making a better light and you're spending the time getting a better grow but imagine mixing the knowledge. 🧠

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Pacific light concepts has a 23” heat sink that holds just one of their photoboost strips, since you are concerned about coverage might as well make it a perfect 23” x 23” square.
That would be too big because there's negative pressure in the tent.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

lol. I have been reading and discussing this for over 5 years now.

Many of the led “enthusiasts” online are on their 3rd and 4th versions. Spending thousands. And the weed looks exactly the same.
Just bit on my second. Probably won't touch anything new until UV becomes viable in led.. not a necessity to upgrade but a want. May aswell get the IR in there and better coverage for me. But your absolutely right. I could be wrong but I think we are nearing the end of rapid advancement phase of LED. But I may just eat those words in a yr or 2.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Just bit on my second. Probably won't touch anything new until UV becomes viable in led.. not a necessity to upgrade but a want. May aswell get the IR in there and better coverage for me. But your absolutely right. I could be wrong but I think we are nearing the end of rapid advancement phase of LED. But I may just eat those words in a yr or 2.
What more is there after this? Controllable spectrum, coverage and intensity.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

They're spending the time making a better light and you're spending the time getting a better grow but imagine mixing the knowledge. 🧠

If you can keep up the new led will potentially give a lot higher yield but the rest of the info that promises gains is really in diminishing returns.

Like the bullshit uv and weak and too few far red diodes. Not going to do a damn thing to improve the grow enough to notice.

beluga

beluga

I guess. But isnt the best lamp full of osram?
I really don't know, but I do know the dollars would make one think so. I've only really looked a little into osram, cree, luxeon, bridgelux, Samsung, etc... I think the gains any of them have over each other is negligible.

But really, and I think it was maybe mentioned in this thread, it's entirely worth just about whatever cost you want to drop on lights, or any equipment for that matter. A lot of y'all consuming ounces upon ounces a month... compared to retail, you're making out like a bandit any way about it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The agricultural university testing as well as nasa are only testing discreet colored diodes. So blurple is still being studied. I think the best lights will be crop and environment tuned with white and colored diodes.
With quality and yields under high end LED I could be wrong but I dont think the plant has much more to give for improvement. Bit yep those are areas that will still improve.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

With quality and yields under high end LED I could be wrong but I dont think the plant has much more to give for improvement. Bit yep those are areas that will still improve.

The “white” diodes are still spamming the plant with unneeded spectrum. They can soon dial in specific colors to customize for crops and environment or usage. Like supplementing sunlight in a greenhouse or whatever for specific crops. The white high cri diodes are only really for us to see green eventually. The universities that are studying grow light science do not utilize them.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I really don't know, but I do know the dollars would make one think so. I've only really looked a little into osram, cree, luxeon, bridgelux, Samsung, etc... I think the gains any of them have over each other is negligible.

But really, and I think it was maybe mentioned in this thread, it's entirely worth just about whatever cost you want to drop on lights, or any equipment for that matter. A lot of y'all consuming ounces upon ounces a month... compared to retail, you're making out like a bandit any way about it.

Im still happy to do it with hps. Only need about a pound a month. Even 3/4 pound would do it.

beluga

beluga

Im still happy to do it with hps. Only need about a pound a month. Even 3/4 pound would do it.
For sure. It's definitely an 'ain't broke, don't fix it' situation.
But not everyone wants to drive a 1986 Ford Ranger. A Hyundai Kona still gets you around just fine. And with better gas mileage.
I, personally, like both and find the whole damn thing interesting. I love side by sides. I love optimizing, and I love Legos and erector sets... that's what HID doesn't give me, personally - another hobby that's multipurpose and splits the cost...
It'd be a hard bargain to get me to buy an LED fixture at this point. CMH/CHPS though...? 🤔

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
How do you guys handle trimming?
My 2x2 plants take 5+ hours for me to trim, I can't even imagine anything more than 6x6.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

How do you guys handle trimming?
My 2x2 plants take 5+ hours for me to trim, I can't even imagine anything more than 6x6.

i run a staggered perpetual garden. Plants are planted in veg tent and harvested from flower room one or two at a time every week or two at full production. So i only ever trim at most a half pound at once. I can dry trim about 2-3 oz per hour.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
i run a staggered perpetual garden. Plants are planted in veg tent and harvested from flower room one or two at a time every week or two at full production. So i only ever trim at most a half pound at once. I can dry trim about 2-3 oz per hour.
After how many years of experience. I only got 2-3oz and as I said it tkes me 5+ hours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom