could one strain affect anither?

• Thread starter testez
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

testez

identical conditions/food/environment...

could 1 autoflowering (from seed) plant make other strains in the same room, especially veg) turn to autoflowering?

could a sativa affect an indica?

could a hybrid affect another hybrid or indica?

what i mean by effect is one strain takes on the traits of another.

please post your input/experiences.

M

maestro

There is hormonal war of growth goin down with MJ from the start if its grown with any other plants next to it. Nature dictates the biggest baddest tallest plants in the field take up the most of the canopy, get the best light air and pollen. A typical virile male will try to out grow all its competition to spread its pollen over largest area possible, not too different than humans! ha ha....:banana1sv6:

I've always tried to follow the six inch rule when organizing my plants and seems to work great for me. Notice once a plant is about 6"- a foot taller than its neighbor the smaller one will kinda give up in slow down some....I always am trying to organize my dungeons so they r neck n neck , keepin the hormmonal competition screamin.........sog style it really pushes yeild...
Also with Momma plants theres a hormone that builds up in the top branch that tries in stop the other branches from getting as tall. I always try in at least cut the tallest cuts off my mommas when I take clones regularly to keep them going off all bonzai bushy for me.

I'm pretty stoned most the time though and usually make no sense so sorry if this rambles....early popcorn =super blond earwax.... ya know...........lol

peace peeps:hi

T

testez

Whoa informative and hilarious. Thx for the answer.

I always thought that something was up jus didn't know exactly. Good looking out now that you've pointed me in the right direction.

I need more input though pls. All of the plants i mentioned were female. All male stock is destroyed upon discovery.

Also worth notnig is that most are clones. However changes are notices mainly when new beans are introduced.

1 god bud bean turned out to be semi auto flowering and it seems to be impacting others.

example 1) new seeds (other strain) turn out to be autoflowering. When i know for a fact that they are not intended to be.

example 2) Some clones take on the autoflowering (mainly "blue hybrids" that are know to turn and are somewhat unstable, 3 finger leaves for instance).

Other changes that have been noticed ... I added allot of lemon skunk to a normally filled afghani kush room and the kush took on a bigger bud form then usual.

Has anyone else noticed mutations of strains, come to think of it especially hybrid strains?

T

treehugger

Plants can communicate through chemical transpiration through both roots and leaves, experiments have shown that plants attacked by bugs or fungus can relay that information to other plants and that those plants can then marshall their resources in advance of infestation.

Blooming plants seem to feed off of one another's "perfume", once one begins floral induction, others in proximity follow suit. Plants put into flowering together one or two weeks apart will be almost in maturation synchrony by the end of blooming.

I believe that is what you are experiencing, the autoflowers are emitting "pheromones" that are sucking all the other plants into premature flowering.

T

testez

ahhhhhhhhh, right on. Another awesome answer. I\l try to find some research and post both of your points more in depth.

Top Bottom