could someone let me know what this problem is plz!!!!!

• Thread starter wambam123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wambam123

wambam123

grown in coco coir using canna nutrients under a 600w hps if you need any more info about my grow just ask and ill reply. thanks.

Photo0019jpg
Photo0017jpg
Photo0016jpg
Photo0015jpg
Photo0013jpg
L

luvinlife

Well white spots are usually powdery mildew.....but it almost looks like you may have watered them recently and the got water on the leaves....which then dried leaving these spots.(this would be the hopeful scenario) If the spots have an almost fuzzy texture, then unfortunetly its probably p.m. Also its possible I'm way off........lol

S

SSHZ

It does look like the salt residue left over from fertilizer water........ spray down your plants with a light misting an be more careful next time watering.....

M

Mr.LovaLova

Looks like powdery mildew to me.... if it is get some green cure, make sure your humidity is close to 50% with lots of air-circulation

R

Rolln J

that is not powdery mildew - pm usually shows up as perfect circles in the center of leaf margins - that looks like splashing from watering...

L

LA Woman

that is not powdery mildew - pm usually shows up as perfect circles in the center of leaf margins - that looks like splashing from watering...

Thats what mine looks like if I get a little perlite powder wet and it splashes on mine.

wambam123

wambam123

it has only effected 1 plant all over and at the bottom of 2 plants slightly. i have a total of 8 plants in there. would pm be all over them all if it was that.

stickyicky

stickyicky

Listen! This guy knows what he talkin bout!

K

kushpheen

Ya thats not powdery mildew, I would see if a quick foliar spray would just rinse that off...

another_sellout

another_sellout

You said this shows on the bottom of two plants, abut only on the bottom and top of one? Well, as strange as it sounds, it may be your plants sweating through their stomata. Before plants claw under from salt lock, the expel as much excess salt as they can. The salt residue is appearing on the bottom with the stomata, and on top where the leaves touch one another. This really happens! Especially if you're running fairly heavy nutrients with a constant drip system, because you give the plant almost enough water to take care of the problem, but not quite. Try foliar flushing with plain water and see if that can help pull out that excess salt and clean out the stomata before they clog and claw. LovaLova's also right to suggest upping the humidity in the room, it'll keep your plants from sweating as much. Good luck!

M

Mr.LovaLova

Another Sellout - Great post, I have seen plants "sweat" out salt before, but nothing that severe. The only reason I jumped to the conclusion of powdery mildew was because in one picture it looked like perfect fuzzy circles developing on the leaves edges. And in another it seemed like it was close to the top. The more I look at it though it does look like salt build up.

Top Bottom