Could Use Some Advice On When To Flush

• Thread starter 1StCavApache
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1StCavApache

1StCavApache

I have two plants right now that are 43 days in bloom, one Blue Dream and one GG#4 knock off from seed. GG#4 is in a 7 gal smart pot, Happy Frog soil. BD is in a 5 gal pot, same soil. I think I went too strong with some of the bloom additives as the base nutes are Advanced PH Perfect and I have been using them for over 2 years and can usually read them pretty well and back off them to avoid any tip burn. However. i did blast my plants with Big Bud, B-52, Nirvanna, and Rhino Skin a little too heavy and by the time I backed off it seemed like they didn't want to stop with the tip burn. The newest tip growth doesn't have it however. I think the BD will go 60 to 65 days til chop, should I flush with Flawless Finish now and then go with Overdrive and plain water like i usually switch to for the last week to try and burn through all these fertilizers in the plant and soil? It has fairly dark leaves. The BD would have 18 days. The GG doesn't look anywhere near done to me. Even though it has a few orange pistils it hardly has any trichomes on the sugar leaves yet and the ones it does have are completely clear. So as a best guess 4 weeks?? I have never grown it before and I am also trying SCROG for the first time so these plants got a ton of abuse with the net in the beginning. I guess it might have 70 to 75 days total. That's about a month out and I don't wan't to run a budding plant that long without nutes unless somebody older and wiser thinks it might have enough stored up to go that long. I would like to get a good smooth smoke out of the BD for sure. It has a killer blueberry smell and already it's so frosty it has drops of trichome clumps that look like dew when the lights come on. Sorry if this is long, got into my special brownies after lunch. Thanks for any advice you guys can give, I'll get some pics up in just a minute. Need to get some without the blurple.

1StCavApache

1StCavApache

Pics to come tomorrow. SD card isn't recording. Damn that was long winded, edibles huh?

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

instead of flushing, start decreasing the amount of nutes, which can be done by removing X amount at a tie (~20%) and replacing with water to dilute until you get ~ 200ppm

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I always flush after using. Sometimes I flush half way through if it’s like a lot or just extra fragrant.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I don’t over feed and grow clean so I don’t typically flush my plants, my toilet though, it gets regular flushing.

Erick31876

Erick31876

Another question about this. Do you wait until the trichomes are the color you want them to be at and then start the flush? Or start it a little earlier before they get to the color you want them to be at?the reason i ask is because i have read both ways, and im almost finished with my first run. I just started flushind 3 days ago.

1StCavApache

1StCavApache

instead of flushing, start decreasing the amount of nutes, which can be done by removing X amount at a tie (~20%) and replacing with water to dilute until you get ~ 200ppm

Thanks, I had been cutting the bloom nutes back pretty hard. Down to 4ml and it's 16ml by Advanced guidelines. I usually go with 8 ml of bloom throughout and just watch the plant to see what it wants but I ended up spending some unplanned time in the hospital thanks to a heart attack. Missed 8 days of taking care of them and my wife did the watering and caring for them for a while after I got home. I'm still taking it slow but doing a whole hell of a lot better thank Jerry. They Did get pretty burnt during this period and I am trying to get them cleaned out and still fattened up without tasting like shit when they are cured if that makes any sense. I gave them just PHed water last night since I couldn't decide but I think I really need to flush the gorilla glue at least since it is just not fattening up and it is at 44 days already, also it has hardly no smell. HELP PLEASE!

Top Bottom