Could use some greenhouse advice

• Thread starter JacksonH
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

I forgot to say that I'm using LST to promote wide growth over heights. They are growing well, just more like a cork screw than straight up. If I struggle to keep them out of the roof, then we'll move to lining the hole with flashing material and using an air barrier next year.

P.S. Just got caught up on all my "likes." I was using my phone to answer while sitting in the greenhouse and enjoying the morning vibes with my wife and the dogs. Here's what they look like this morning.

View attachment 1259249
I'm gonna go snap a kupl updated shots here in a few!
Do you use the tomato cages through the whole grow?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I do, but big plants need more support. I will use rabbit fence, tent spikes, and utility wire for re-enforcement as needed for these. The fencing adds a lot of support and acts as a trellis. Otherwise I have had plants pull them up from the ground as they get large.

Bahrain79

Bahrain79

My two cents. I think bigger is better when it comes to grow bags (within reason). I think trying to limit the size of your plants by growing in smaller containers can work but is misguided. You can manage height by topping, bending and strain selection. Growing in a larger container is much more forgiving and helps you to grow the healthiest plants possible. I've grown the same strain in 20, 65 and 100 gal grow bags and the final plants were all similar in size and yield. With all the strains available these days, I think it's best to find ones with the right combination of effect and growth characteristic that you want. Good luck

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

My two cents. I think bigger is better when it comes to grow bags (within reason). I think trying to limit the size of your plants by growing in smaller containers can work but is misguided. You can manage height by topping, bending and strain selection. Growing in a larger container is much more forgiving and helps you to grow the healthiest plants possible. I've grown the same strain in 20, 65 and 100 gal grow bags and the final plants were all similar in size and yield. With all the strains available these days, I think it's best to find ones with the right combination of effect and growth characteristic that you want. Good luck
I 'll be fine. I have been doing this for a while. Strains that were chosen don't get huge. 7 gallon bags should be more than adequate for their final size.

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

With that strain the plant probly will only grow so big.
I'm hoping to do yield & weight off this run as I'm only doing 2 in 30gal pots

Top Bottom