Council Of First Knowledge, Jedi Temple Training Facility

• Thread starter EventHorizan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

im behind you 10 days. but im up to 5 gunna add no.6 on the we. runoff getting low.... first 2 feeds none from 2 plants.

I’ve heard that a couple times the past few days. Personally I would adjust my ball valve or the time of watering to have that run off every time.
That’s just me. I always tinker and adjust until mid flower when they level out. But if they’re sitting 12 hours with no feed and become “dry” enough to not have runoff the first feeding I would adjust and make sure thag first one has runoff.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

I’ve heard that a couple times the past few days. Personally I would adjust my ball valve or the time of watering to have that run off every time.
That’s just me. I always tinker and adjust until mid flower when they level out. But if they’re sitting 12 hours with no feed and become “dry” enough to not have runoff the first feeding I would adjust and make sure thag first one has runoff.
I’ve never had a salt build up issue. I don’t let my runoff ppm go more than +/- 50 ppm of the ongoing. That’s I believe due to never watering without runoff. If there is a little built up and you feed with no runoff there will be a higher ppm in the roots. Period. Then you’re hoping to flush out withvthe next feedings. That’s my thinking at least

Wisher619

Wisher619

I’ve never had a salt build up issue. I don’t let my runoff ppm go more than +/- 50 ppm of the ongoing. That’s I believe due to never watering without runoff. If there is a little built up and you feed with no runoff there will be a higher ppm in the roots. Period. Then you’re hoping to flush out withvthe next feedings. That’s my thinking at least
and your thinkin would be correct
I believe in the same philosophy.
I always make sure that the first watering is a heavy dose of flush no matter what
I adjust the time periods so that it always stays moist
allow it to dry during dark period
then flush again
lights on first flush should always be done as plant waste builds up over night so that lights on flush is ridding the media of plant exudates *shit*

Last edited:
Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

I always make sure that the first watering is a heavy dose of flush no matter what
then flush again
lights on first flush should always be done as plant waste builds up over night so that lights on flush is ridding the media of plant exudates *shit*
Exactly what i was trying to say bro. Thanks for presenting it in a more understandable way
I dont feed at lights out. So I figure that first wat ring is going to reset the process for coming day. And so on and so on.
IMHO getting lazy on those lil details (letting get a lil more dry a couple days, not adjusting the flow etc) is the things that add up in the end.
It’s like a race car. Ya you can dog it and be pretty fast but a finely tuned race car is adjusted to gain 1/2 horsepower. Knock 4/10 of a second off their time. It’s the little details that seperate good from great

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

then flush again
The thing is there is absolutely no way to tell someone how much time to water etc if they don’t have exact same: plant count, room size, plant size, rh, nutes, ppm, pump, pvc size, drip line length, water temp, plant CUT (not just strain), lights, schedule, practically underwear. Every little detail will adjust watering schedule. Gotta just play with it. I play with mine all the time still. Different plants require different things

Wisher619

Wisher619

Exactly what i was trying to say bro. Thanks for presenting it in a more understandable way
I dont feed at lights out. So I figure that first wat ring is going to reset the process for coming day. And so on and so on.
IMHO getting lazy on those lil details (letting get a lil more dry a couple days, not adjusting the flow etc) is the things that add up in the end.
It’s like a race car. Ya you can dog it and be pretty fast but a finely tuned race car is adjusted to gain 1/2 horsepower. Knock 4/10 of a second off their time. It’s the little details that seperate good from great
and that is what also accounts for the weight and quality
the fine details allow your plant to function at optimal levels at all times

Wisher619

Wisher619

The thing is there is absolutely no way to tell someone how much time to water etc if they don’t have exact same: plant count, room size, plant size, rh, nutes, ppm, pump, pvc size, drip line length, water temp, plant CUT (not just strain), lights, schedule, practically underwear. Every little detail will adjust watering schedule. Gotta just play with it. I play with mine all the time still. Different plants require different things
I think this is the problem that we run into on boards like this
I can give a detailed plan to get someone through a grow
but they alone have to account for those small details
and that is what stresses me sometimes is I can write the basics but the i dividual has to fine tune to their individual needs
much easier teaching someone hands on
where you can physically show someone what you are doing and why and have them do the same
which leaves or branches to snip
how to adjust watering
what the runoff should be like
how much wind can the plants actually take
do they really need to be whipped around or will a super light breeze do

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

I think this is the problem that we run into on boards like this
I can give a detailed plan to get someone through a grow
but they alone have to account for those small details
and that is what stresses me sometimes is I can write the basics but the i dividual has to fine tune to their individual needs
much easier teaching someone hands on
where you can physically show someone what you are doing and why and have them do the same
which leaves or branches to snip
how to adjust watering
what the runoff should be like
how much wind can the plants actually take
do they really need to be whipped around or will a super light breeze do
Well said. I guess it’s all inclusive. The nature of the beast. Lol. On one hand we have all this information at our fingertips we barely need to move to get the info we need. It’s awesome.
On the other hand it slowly creates an environment for people to expect to have their end product perfectly delivered to them. In all aspects of this generations lif. We expect to have a perfect outcome every time the second we want it and anything else is unacceptable. We don’t want the trial and error involved in learning anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom