• Thread starter EventHorizan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

heisen

thats a lot of beans :opps: haha..

I think step one is to figure out the specs/model# on the lights he is using though, even if they are the typical blurple leds..
@Itsnotmine
Also just wondering if you have success with regular seeds why are you switching to autos?

If he does go the hid route though id highly recommend getting a switchable ballast so that if 600w turns out to be too hot he can still use the gear he just bought for a 400w..
I have found that dimming a 600 down to the lowest fucks with the spectrum.The lighting looks weird to me when i dim.The hps is not as bad but the hid definitly seems like it changes.I havnt done any research to back it up but i dont think a 600w will really put out that much.a 600 in an air cooled hood is way cooler than my 8 bulb t5s and they are putting out almost twice the light.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

No I did not mean dim a 600watt bulb to 400... I meant just buy a 400w hps bulb if the 600watt hps bulb is too much heat..

Just FYI hps is a type of hid light, they are not 2 different things..
right.. Ours a dimmable and switchable.. we can use 400 , 600 and 1k bulbs.
so we dont have to dim
BUT
I just did it and im betting bigger weight and more frost on the 1000 watt dimmed.. I did it just to see and i didnt want to pay for another super horti bulb.. they expensive!

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

2 days after clipping the baby fan leaves from the top. A couple shoots went even a tiny bit higher than the main. Lol. Looks like a topped plant but still has the apical branch.
I really like this. You get to play with the apical dominance for a short time to bring shoots to the top but the main stem will regain dominance unlike when topping.

I've been reading on apical dominance because even when you top you don't get that really thick main. They're good but not the same. This way we're keeping that big main stem bud but still reaching the canopy with the other shoots

IMG 9215
IMG 9216
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Well im too old to bend over plants and use my scope to see trichs,
so my solution is to grab about 4 tops that our a lil less yielding and scope,,
So i be back with 4 tops and some pics and we see what the trichs look like...
brb

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

2 days after clipping the baby fan leaves from the top. A couple shoots went even a tiny bit higher than the main. Lol. Looks like a topped plant but still has the apical branch.
I really like this. You get to play with the apical dominance for a short time to bring shoots to the top but the main stem will regain dominance unlike when topping.

I've been reading on apical dominance because even when you top you don't get that really thick main. They're good but not the same. This way we're keeping that big main stem bud but still reaching the canopy with the other shoots
Exactly!
Big colas!

Last edited:
Wisher619

Wisher619

looks good
exact reason for this technique
still get that super fat middle cola
but the rest are gonna be nice and fat because they are closer to the light
I also think that the plant distributes the hormones differently if they are even as opposed to standard growth
I also believe topping fucks with hormones
when it comes to flowering for that short period
which may effect yield
seeing plants bushed but not topped look to yield alot more than topped and bushed plants
JMO

Wisher619

Wisher619

It is starting to change colors..
You can tell where the canopy line is on the cola..

This makes me think i should trim all my fans so that the bottom of the colas get some light to mature...
looks good
snipping the big fans might be a good idea if you got alot of popcorn

man my outdoor plants are literally dropping seeds now
like they are just opening up and seeds are falling out
now I am gonna have to go through all these F-1's and find some good phenos and breed again to get to F-2
that is where they will start to narrow in pheno

I am really lookin forward to my new breed/pheno chamber
I can literally go from "Seed to Seed"
once I get to F-3 and things are stable I will try the local market
F-2's will probably be sent out to testers as well

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

It is starting to change colors..
You can tell where the canopy line is on the cola..

This makes me think i should trim all my fans so that the bottom of the colas get some light to mature...
That is a TRIP. I haven't seen that. All mine stay uniform. I have never had a straight blanket canopy tho where it's like dark underneath. I haven't maxed the space out like that yet. Looks cool tho

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

looks good

like they are just opening ip and seeds are falling out
now I am gonna have to go through all these F-1's and find some good phenos and breed again to get to F-2

I can't wait! Hahah. Remember I'm a stones throw away. ;)

jipp

jipp

i must of missed it what did you do different?
never mind i get it now. hah, i missed a sentence.
bowl up.

Dewd

Dewd

looks good

like they are just opening up and seeds are falling out

I'll test anything you want :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom