• Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Junk

Junk

Awesome post pics and thoughts here!
And what do you mean rebadged?

It's this ballast
https://growershouse.com/galaxy-dig...allast-400-600-1000-turbo-charge-120-240-volt

It isn't on Galaxy's website? Box and stickers manual etc say Galaxy. When I asked why I was told it was a Solis-tek venture that didn't work out. It's not important.

But it is a really nice ballast. Built in timer (I love that), built in light cycles (I use that too), select a watt - 400,600,1000,1100 (I am loving that) both socket outputs and 120/240. It also logs the hours on your bulb for you. That could be done w/o that feature easy enough, but this is even easier. If the shop had another one I would buy it. It's the nicest ballast I've ever used.

The only negative is that the timer isn't a clock. So if you want 18/6 starting at 7pm, you have to turn the ballast on at 7pm and tell it which light cycle. There isn't a clock to set it to. If you want the clock option, you have to buy a separate remote for $20. But then you can set it by a clock, it's wireless, and it will control multiple ballasts so you wouldn't need separate timers. I'm sure I will end up grabbing it at some point bc I would use that feature too, but I wish it was built into the ballast system. You can't have everything I guess.

I don't have tons of hours on it yet, but as it stands, it was the best $180 I've spent (sale). Just being able to swap different wattage bulbs w/out having matching ballasts saves a ton of money and I can control temps to +/- 3*.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

It's this ballast
https://growershouse.com/galaxy-dig...allast-400-600-1000-turbo-charge-120-240-volt

It isn't on Galaxy's website? Box and stickers manual etc say Galaxy. When I asked why I was told it was a Solis-tek venture that didn't work out. It's not important.

But it is a really nice ballast. Built in timer (I love that), built in light cycles (I use that too), select a watt - 400,600,1000,1100 (I am loving that) both socket outputs and 120/240. It also logs the hours on your bulb for you. That could be done w/o that feature easy enough, but this is even easier. If the shop had another one I would buy it. It's the nicest ballast I've ever used.

The only negative is that the timer isn't a clock. So if you want 18/6 starting at 7pm, you have to turn the ballast on at 7pm and tell it which light cycle. There isn't a clock to set it to. If you want the clock option, you have to buy a separate remote for $20. But then you can set it by a clock, it's wireless, and it will control multiple ballasts so you wouldn't need separate timers. I'm sure I will end up grabbing it at some point bc I would use that feature too, but I wish it was built into the ballast system. You can't have everything I guess.

I don't have tons of hours on it yet, but as it stands, it was the best $180 I've spent (sale). Just being able to swap different wattage bulbs w/out having matching ballasts saves a ton of money and I can control temps to +/- 3*.
I do like it and the remote!
And you are running what bulb with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom