• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
So broski @EventHorizan so not to take up too much space I will just post the link and anyone can read at thier leisure. We were all wondering on the chemistry involved with Si additives. So here is one of the better articles I have come across to date. To add typically Si isnt really needed in soil grows if the soil is of good quality and well balanced as Si is very abundant in good soil. Mainly Si was developed for soiless media ie: hydroponics.

Of particular interest in the read is the thinking that adding fulvic acid allows for more efficient Si uptake. So for the Bill Nye guys, me included here you go. I do like that the author provides references as well.

Here is the link Enjoy. https://manicbotanix.com/silicon-in-hydroponics/

Wisher619

Wisher619

So broski @EventHorizan so not to take up too much space I will just post the link and anyone can read at thier leisure. We were all wondering on the chemistry involved with Si additives. So here is one of the better articles I have come across to date. To add typically Si isnt really needed in soil grows if the soil is of good quality and well balanced as Si is very abundant in good soil. Mainly Si was developed for soiless media ie: hydroponics.

Of particular interest in the read is the thinking that adding fulvic acid allows for more efficient Si uptake. So for the Bill Nye guys, me included here you go. I do like that the author provides references as well.

why I add a weekley tea to my coco with fulvic/humic

Wisher619

Wisher619

as for green light
green light penetrates the deepest
but does not trigger photosynthisis but does work synergistically with other spectrums ie
400nm/650nm to help with photosynthisis.....
it does help with micronutrient absorption.....but will not effect night and day cycles

white light has a significant amount of green in it if you look at the spectral chart

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

thanks bro.. I read it..

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
as for green light
green light penetrates the deepest
but does not trigger photosynthisis but does work synergistically with other spectrums ie
400nm/650nm to help with photosynthisis.....
it does help with micronutrient absorption.....but will not effect night and day cycles

white light has a significant amount of green in it if you look at the spectral chart
Indeed, the thinking that has long been held about green light is just now starting to change and is being called out as a important part of par spectrum. For years a lot of horti dudes didnt think it was a necessary wave length but that school of thought is changing as more research is done. And like you mentioned it does not affect the photoperiodism of flowering plants at lights off.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Indeed, the thinking that has long been held about green light is just now starting to change and is being called out as a important part of par spectrum. For years a lot of horti dudes didnt think it was a necessary wave length but that school of thought is changing as more research is done. And like you mentioned it does not affect the photoperiodism of flowering plants at lights off.
U guys are little teckies whizes...
But im the smartest one of all of us!
Because I know you all are smarter at some of this shit, and Im your friend :)
So im only as smart as the collection of all my friends.
:)

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
You are da man @Wisher619 :D I have been using fulvic acid liquid for years as the molecules are smaller than humic acid and is taken up easily by the rhizosphere. My humics are added via compost and allowed to be mineralized by the herd as the mineralization by microbes makes humics more bio available.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
U guys are little teckies whizes...
But im the smartest one of all of us!
Because I know you all are smarter at some of this shit, and Im your friend :)
So im only as smart as the collection of all my friends.
:)
lmao, you little shyt you.
Damn bro everything I think I know was burglarized from somewhere else. The dilemma is having to do the research to vet the claims and confirm the info is indeed correct. Thats the tough part. So much interweb gardening info is purely anecdotal. The real deal is doing the footwork and see what worx best for you and your application. As I always say. "to each their own"

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Went with organic soils once I got to a place where max yields wasn't my sole purpose and started catering to a more picky crowd. Yields are lower than dro but the quality has come up.In the early days eons ago I was an outdoor guy exclusively. Paranoia drove me to indoor as did many other growers.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

lmao, you little shyt you.
Damn bro everything I think I know was burglarized from somewhere else. The dilemma is having to do the research to vet the claims and confirm the info is indeed correct. Thats the tough part. So much interweb gardening info is purely anecdotal. The real deal is doing the footwork and see what worx best for you and your application. As I always say. "to each their own"
For sure!
Aint nothing like just doing it!
Ive learned more about what not to do by doing it..
Hydroponics tho is mostly common sense and good practices.
I find it pretty easy.
Manipulating the plant and pulling more than .75 gpw with single hps is a little more trickier.
or thats where im at with my grow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom