Council Of First Knowledge, Jedi Temple Training Facility

• Thread starter EventHorizan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cityfarmin

Cityfarmin

Veg: Tropic moon, obiwan og, platinum og, cookie glue, Jawa Pie, & purple cross.

Flower: Jawa Pie

Could put a booster fan to push/suck the hot air better, not sure how you would get it to turn on/off with the a/c though. Is the a/c controlled by an environmental controller or is it just plugged in by itself?

Something like this..
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005KMTYFK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_V2gbAbMFK18KH
Also what I tired was to vent the back of the a/c unit into the veg tent and then put a dicting on the top of the vent going out to the hole in the plexiglass window, that didn’t work either

Toph420

Toph420

Yea I was thinking about doing that, but I don’t think it’s strong enough that fan. I think I would need a 6” or something with more hp. You know of any?

that booster fan i linked is a 6".. You could get an inline 6" hurricane fan but i would bet that booster fan would do the trick.. would definitely be the easiest solution imo.. Building a shelf would work too though if you could build it high enough, you would want the hole on the back of the a/c as close as you can to the same height as the hole through the plexiglass..
https://www.amazon.com/Hurricane-435-CFM-Inline-6-Inch/dp/B006Z1JLY4

Toph420

Toph420

Also what I tired was to vent the back of the a/c unit into the veg tent and then put a dicting on the top of the vent going out to the hole in the plexiglass window, that didn’t work either

Is the a/c just controlled by its own thermostat control on the unit itself or is it plugged into any type of environmental controller? because if its just plugged in by itself then the shelf would definitely be the best, easiest, cheapest..

Cityfarmin

Cityfarmin

Is the a/c just controlled by its own thermostat control on the unit itself or is it plugged into any type of environmental controller? because if its just plugged in by itself then the shelf would definitely be the best, easiest, cheapest..

The a/c unit is just controlled by its own internal thermostat control. I have a hand held remote of it, but I was thinking about investing in a master control in the future so I can run lights, fans, co2, res and a/c unit. What do you think? And you think it’s cheaper to build the shelf or just buy the fan?

Toph420

Toph420

The a/c unit is just controlled by its own internal thermostat control. I have a hand held remote of it, but I was thinking about investing in a master control in the future so I can run lights, fans, co2, res and a/c unit. What do you think? And you think it’s cheaper to build the shelf or just buy the fan?

Well since you don't have the enviro controller to control the a/c there would be no way that i can think of to turn the fan on only when the A/C turns on. I would build the shelf.. plus less electricity..

Cityfarmin

Cityfarmin

yea you could do that but then it would only come on at specific times you set VS when its too hot.. I guess having the fan on during the times the A/C isn't working wouldn't be the end of the world..

check to make sure the timer can handle the amp load of that A/C though.. probably like 5+amps if its on 110V..
Yea your right. I usually run my stuff on a surge protector and then to the wall outlet, so if something happened it just trips the auger protector and not the main Circuit breaker cause idk where it is honestly lol and I don’t have GFI wall outlets.

King Julien

King Julien

I had a similar issue setting up my last grow a couple years ago. Portable AC wouldn't vent anywhere I needed it to. Tried venting into ductwork and the back pressure created would kick off the compressor. Tried venting up like you did with the same effect. Even tried hooking a booster fan, and a 6" inline fan, to the ductwork on the end to reduce the backpressure but it also did not work. Would stay on long enough for me to leave the room and then kick off anyway.

In the end I think you might just be able to try to exhaust your heat towards the ceiling and then put a booster fan in the window hole to draw the top layer of air out. It definitely will not be efficient but it may get temps down low enough to be workable. Especially with the tent being so short compared to the room.

Oh, and a booster fan will move like 60-75% of the air an inline will but only weighs 1/3rd or less the weight so will be easier to install. They're a lot more fragile but as long as you're not dropping or htting it you're fine. They also cost 20-30 bucks versus 80-120.

You can but try.

Toph420

Toph420

I had a similar issue setting up my last grow a couple years ago. Portable AC wouldn't vent anywhere I needed it to. Tried venting into ductwork and the back pressure created would kick off the compressor. Tried venting up like you did with the same effect. Even tried hooking a booster fan, and a 6" inline fan, to the ductwork on the end to reduce the backpressure but it also did not work. Would stay on long enough for me to leave the room and then kick off anyway.

In the end I think you might just be able to try to exhaust your heat towards the ceiling and then put a booster fan in the window hole to draw the top layer of air out. It definitely will not be efficient but it may get temps down low enough to be workable. Especially with the tent being so short compared to the room.

Oh, and a booster fan will move like 60-75% of the air an inline will but only weighs 1/3rd or less the weight so will be easier to install. They're a lot more fragile but as long as you're not dropping or htting it you're fine. They also cost 20-30 bucks versus 80-120.

You can but try.

this is why i think the shelf would be the best option imo..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

@Farmer P @Wisher619 @EventHorizan here’s some pics of the space, the tent on the left is flower, one on the right is veg. The “window” was a sheet of glass which I replaced with plexiglass and cut a 6in hole to vent out the heat from the a/c which you can see next to the veg tent. Not working cause the 8ft wall is too high and the exhaust on the unit isn’t strong enough to pull the hot air up 8ft. So it just over heats the ducting and then the hot air falls back down and the a/c compressor shuts off and it blows hot air. The pic with the white vent is a vent that blows in either hot/cold air from the central air unit in the building which I have no control over. But that vent is even higher up on the wall then the window so I’m assuming the same thing will happen if I try and run a Y ducting attachment to that vent. I’m thinking about building a shelf next to the window and putting the a/c up there so it’s right next to the hole. That would be a lot of work and risky as finding the beams, building a frame and then hoping it supports the weight of the a/c unit, which is super heavy for at 8000 btu. So any ideas ?? Lol it sucks cause I signed a year lease cause I wanted a space to grow and keep it stealthily.
The window at the top, skylight window, looks like it can be opened?
Is that correct?
Also the ledge up there, is it flat?
Are you solo, are do you have a friend to help you lift AC up?
And you got a veg tent and a flower tent correct?
What are there off and on times?

Toph420

Toph420

I was googling ph controllers, and it came up as Eventhorizans playground.

even takes you to the page that it was mentioned on and everything haha. thats crazy this thread has pretty much doubled in pages since the time i started posting in it..

I think my girl got me sick again, right after i just recovered from my last one... damnit! :(

incogneato

incogneato

Could put a booster fan to push/suck the hot air better, not sure how you would get it to turn on/off with the a/c though. Is the a/c controlled by an environmental controller or is it just plugged in by itself?

Something like this..
[/QUOTE]
That's what I was thinking too.
Veg: Tropic moon, obiwan og, platinum og, cookie glue, Jawa Pie, & purple cross.

Flower: Jawa Pie
Ahhh, cookie. Explains the yeild. Hope shes that cut then. She's got the look.

Something like this..
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005KMTYFK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_V2gbAbMFK18KH
I figured it was a cookie cross when I looked at the flowers.
Some other crap
Send it! Good looking crap lol
this is why i think the shelf would be the best option imo..
The simple solution is always the best. I like the shelf too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom