• Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MW7945

MW7945

absolutely
most people running larger amounts
when dry
they will trim all buds off the stem and place in say a NSF food safe pail with lid
and burp every so once in a while
and they can stay there while you trim
you can also trim all off the stem and jar up....and burp every once in a while...making sure the buds aren't moist and molding
you can keep them in the jar and when ever you like you can trim
trimming isnt actually necessary...
many friends I know dont actually trim their own stash
keeps it more preserved
they also like using all trimming *loose leaf* plus buds to throw in joints and blunts
so any way you swing it
as long as they are sealed up and kept at the proper RH they are good to go

I just gotta find a big ass container to put it all in now. Tbh I'm hella bummed while cutting all those. I'm getting really really airy buds. They still smoke great, smell great, and look great in terms of frost. I just really fucked up my canopy early.

The thing that bums me most is looking at all these damn small buds with a zillion leaves on them to trim. Lol I hate trimming. I think the loose leaves will all be going to bubble hash. I should get a fairly decent amount assuming I don't fuck it up too badly

MW7945

MW7945

here sits between $900.00 and $3000.00 in F1 seeds
unless a company can guarantee you a premiere clone only in every pack
IMO seed companys are the biggest ripoff of all the cannabis industry....rught up there with canna specific Nutrient bottles!!
View attachment 773130

Well... some of us don't have much of an option other than buying seeds at the moment lol. They can definitely be a rip off though...

espcially when you go 0 for 17...

Wisher619

Wisher619

Well... some of us don't have much of an option other than buying seeds at the moment lol. They can definitely be a rip off though...

espcially when you go 0 for 17...
I completely understand
usually a good seed company will make sure that the progeny comes out how it should
what I am saying is many of these are F1
so yes they should be good but if you wanted to make seeds yourself
you better get some really worked seeds that are much further down the line or cubed
otherwise
if you can get ahold of some landrace genetics
cross it to a female you like
and those seeds should mostly look like your female

MW7945

MW7945

One day I'll have magical beans I created. Not gonna be anytime soon though lol.

I'm so fking tempted to just turn all of this into bubble hash. I'm going to be trimming for like a month. Still haven't even gotten all of the first plant off the stems. I especially now see where this grow fucked up lol.

incogneato

incogneato

here is the secret they dont want you to know
If you have a clone only sitting in your room
and you want to make strong seeds as a preservation
get a male from something else *preferably landrace* but any male will do
and cross it to that female
the F1 seeds from that cross will most likely resemble the mom with mostly mom traits
the problems arise when you take a male and female from the F1 batch and breed them together
that is when extreme variation comes into play
for a breeder
to maintain a specific line or if you are going to be breeding further down the genepool this is where male selection comes into play
I have made seeds for a quite some time
despite what seed companys may try to tell you
F1 are almost always Mom specific
reason being
Males hold recessive traits
so the F1 gen will almost always show Dominant Traits
recessive really dosent start to show up until later on down the line
this is why breeding *actual breeding and working a line* you need space for thousands...to really get a good seed pool
this is really when selection comes in to play

this batch of seeds of mine
the father has only given some structure and a slight skunk smell
other than that
it is mom all the way

that goes for all of the F1's I have ever created
Thats some good info as always Wish. I have to get an iso chamber made up to flower out a male for pollen eventually.
One day I'll have magical beans I created. Not gonna be anytime soon though lol.

I'm so fking tempted to just turn all of this into bubble hash. I'm going to be trimming for like a month. Still haven't even gotten all of the first plant off the stems. I especially now see where this grow fucked up lol.
It can be tedious. Thats another reason i do it the way i do, its more manageable for me and its still curing. It does help you understand what to take off next time to get only big buds.

Wisher619

Wisher619

only takes me maybe a week to trim 20#'s
come on brother!!!!!
de-bone all the hard tops into one bucket
de-bone all the rest into another

put the lid on and call it a day
smoke a bowl and relax

next
work on going through all the smalls to see if you find any hard nugs
pull those out and trim up
then dont trim
grind all the fluffy small and turn into bubble
all the hard tops the AAA take your time trimming
when ever you feel like it trim a few and throw them in a jar
and then a few more etc.....

JMO

incogneato

incogneato

come on brother!!!!!

smoke a bowl and relax

next
then dont trim
when ever you feel like it trim a fee and throw them in a jar

JMO
Solid tips, gonna have to have you out next harvest lol. Its only my second harvest and i still had some smalls but uts been aboutba zip an hour....i know that will pick up with more practice and better training. Id rather do a good job slowly than rush and mess up the product.

Wisher619

Wisher619

Lets talk about trimming gentleman!!

incogneato

incogneato

Not gonna lie, i might wet trim anything thats not headstash or tops next run. Most custies around here haven't even had hand trimmed before. Unless i figure out a way to work this bowl trimmer on dry buds. Either way, machine trim for custies...sont judge me hahaha.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

here sits between $900.00 and $3000.00 in F1 seeds
unless a company can guarantee you a premiere clone only in every pack
IMO seed companys are the biggest ripoff of all the cannabis industry....rught up there with canna specific Nutrient bottles!!
View attachment 773130
dont mention canna specific nutes.. Had a fella the other day got pretty angry with me and if I remember correctly I had recommended dropping the ppm from 800 a little. He said that was only about 50% of max and it was canna specific and why did I think they were wrong.. I went to reply and my joint was burning up, and well fuck I only have so much time left in this world, and getting into that debate was not how I was gonna spend my evening!

So since I would not give a 450 word thesis on it, I got accused of being a know it all, that wouldn't spend the night trying to explain...
Funny thing is, It did sound better than being called a dumb ass......

MW7945

MW7945

come on brother!!!!!

smoke a bowl and relax

next
then dont trim
when ever you feel like it trim a few and throw them in a jar

JMO

Lol this is all leaf and no bud it's hard to trim mang. I have one oz trimmed right now. Goes up to the taper under the lid in a quart jar... she's fluffy alright.

The smell though. I wish they'd make a laundry detergent, deoderent, shampoo, and air freshener out of it. So I could smell that shit all day

Wisher619

Wisher619

Lol this is all leaf and no bud it's hard to trim mang. I have one oz trimmed right now. Goes up to the taper under the lid in a quart jar... she's fluffy alright.

The smell though. I wish they'd make a laundry detergent, deoderent, shampoo, and air freshener out of it. So I could smell that shit all day
there you go bro
so your smell IS THERE!!!
good
I am very glad
remember they will harden up a bit in the jar as well

MW7945

MW7945

there you go bro
so your smell IS THERE!!!
good
I am very glad
remember they will harden up a bit in the jar as well

The smell is definitely there. I still have 3 plants hanging but they'll be fine until tomorrow. I gotta figure out wtf I'm gonna do in terms of containers... I don't know if I have a enough jars right now... At this rate if I have over 12-13oz I'm gonna have to go buy more. Not really

But idk man, it's not an issue of hardness it's just super airy idk. There's a few solid buds here and there that are great and smell like someone poured lemon pine sol in your nose. Just a ton of leaves. But, I know exactly how I'll be cropping this next grow at least.

I think I'm gonna get a hefty amount of hash by the looks of it though

Wisher619

Wisher619

dont mention canna specific nutes.. Had a fella the other day got pretty angry with me and if I remember correctly I had recommended dropping the ppm from 800 a little. He said that was only about 50% of max and it was canna specific and why did I think they were wrong.. I went to reply and my joint was burning up, and well fuck I only have so much time left in this world, and getting into that debate was not how I was gonna spend my evening!

So since I would not give a 450 word thesis on it, I got accused of being a know it all, that wouldn't spend the night trying to explain...
Funny thing is, It did sound better than being called a dumb ass......
that is just an example of literal ignorance
my nutes say run @ 3.0ec
but at the bottom of the schedule it states "caution, use only as a guide, results may vary"
basically stating use what works for you
but sheeple cant get that because if they dont have a guide to follow they fall apart
with their emotional house built of matchstix built on a foundation of sand
it is sad to say the least

MW7945

MW7945

what was them nugs you posted the other day
yesterday right before me?

Fuck idk man you tell me, not the same plant I carved up today I guess lol.

To be fair, one plant was definitely airier than the rest. It might be the one I just chopped up. I haven't really looked closely at the others and it's hard to tell as all the buds are wrapped in sugar leaf. If my next 3 plants are significantly better I might just turn the rest of this one into hash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom