Couple Of Spots On Leaves Of 20 Day Old.

• Thread starter thumbdrooler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thumbdrooler

thumbdrooler

Can anyone comment about these spots.

Spots showed up when the pots were almost dry, just prior to second watering.
20 days from germ, 1 watering/feeding at 1/3 the recommended strength for seedlings of PGB Grow,CalMag, Liquid Karma 7 days before.
Pro-Mix BX(Peat/Perlite)
5 x 23watt 2700 CFL
Average 40% humidity, 77 degrees (25C)
20/4 light schedule

Using tap water that has been standing for 3 days. Meters are still in the mail so no ppm readings.

Thanks
Couple of spots on leaves of 20 day old
Couple of spots on leaves of 20 day old 2

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I would like to see a higher Kelvin bulb over it, and it looks hungry to me. Since you're running multiple bulbs, maybe you can replace a couple of them with some 5,000K/6,500K bulbs?

thumbdrooler

thumbdrooler

I would like to see a higher Kelvin bulb over it, and it looks hungry to me. Since you're running multiple bulbs, maybe you can replace a couple of them with some 5,000K/6,500K bulbs?

well spotted, my mistake, that should read 5 x 6500 per plant

Toaster79

Toaster79

Your pH is off and your medium too hot. They'll grow out of it. Feed them ewc tea and you'll be fine. Back off the nutes as the plants are way too young to take up what you're throwing at them. As you're dumping all that stuff in the soil the soil gets acidic and plants can't take up what they need. Once you get your pH meter make a slurry test and you'll bsee what I'm talking about.

Good vibes and keep it green!

Apollo13

Apollo13

I agree with toaster. Nute burn. Leave teeth burned on a few. Leaves are down. I would flush them and not go any nutes for a bit. I love ewc tea, but may make even more nutrients if a flush is not done. Good luck.

Bigc

Bigc

Hey guys, would you be able to have a look at my post and provide some help and advice. I'm panicking now!!

thumbdrooler

thumbdrooler

Thanks guys, it looks like it was nute burn. flushed.
New growth looks good.
My first grow, but I'm stunned how little feed it takes to burn!
IMG 2849

Apollo13

Apollo13

yeah, they thrive on low nutrients. good soil and Heisenberg tea is all I need for dirt.

Learn to read ur plants. It will help u, the faster u can identify problem, faster it can be corrected.

thumbdrooler

thumbdrooler

Yay, cheapo ph and ppm meters finally arrived today so I can get some better baselines going forward.

Applo, learning to read plants is definitely one of the things I've learnt is important during this first grow. Charts are great, but from seed sellers to nute companies and the difference between strains, reading plants is the best way to increase your chances of an optimum grow.

Top Bottom