Couple questions about Olivia cloning solution.

• Thread starter socks4free
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
socks4free

socks4free

Hey guys so I have recently started to get into cloning so I wanted to give Olivia cloning solution a try but I have a couple questions.

First it gives instructions to mix an entire gallon at once how long does this stuff last after you have mixed it with water?

If I'm only gonna be doing a 6-12 clones at once will I need an entire gallon of it mixed or can I mix a smaller amount and waste less?

Chem77

Chem77

Hey guys so I have recently started to get into cloning so I wanted to give Olivia cloning solution a try but I have a couple questions.

First it gives instructions to mix an entire gallon at once how long does this stuff last after you have mixed it with water?

If I'm only gonna be doing a 6-12 clones at once will I need an entire gallon of it mixed or can I mix a smaller amount and waste less?
You sure it’s not for a cloning machine that takes a gallon of water or more? Olivia’s also makes a rooting gel. I’ve used both with good results.

socks4free

socks4free

You sure it’s not for a cloning machine that takes a gallon of water or more? Olivia’s also makes a rooting gel. I’ve used both with good results.
These are the direction on the bottle
Directions:

mix 6 ounces (3/4 cup) to 1 gallon of water. Take your cuttings/clones/slips and immediately place in Olivia’s Cloning Solution or cut and place immediately in your growing medium. Water daily with Olivia’s Cloning Solution untill roots appear. Keep growing medium or soil moist and warm with bottom heat (75° to 85°) for best results.

My question was is it necessary to mix that much or would I be better off using say 1.5 ounces to 1/4 gallon of water. But also I wanted to know if you have to use all of it the stuff the same day you mix it and dump any excess or if you could use the mix for a couple days before it would lose its potency and or become contaminated?

Chem77

Chem77

These are the direction on the bottle
Directions:

mix 6 ounces (3/4 cup) to 1 gallon of water. Take your cuttings/clones/slips and immediately place in Olivia’s Cloning Solution or cut and place immediately in your growing medium. Water daily with Olivia’s Cloning Solution untill roots appear. Keep growing medium or soil moist and warm with bottom heat (75° to 85°) for best results.

My question was is it necessary to mix that much or would I be better off using say 1.5 ounces to 1/4 gallon of water. But also I wanted to know if you have to use all of it the stuff the same day you mix it and dump any excess or if you could use the mix for a couple days before it would lose its potency and or become contaminated?
To answer your question, of course you could mix a 1/2 gallon or 1/4 gallon using the correct ratio instead of mixing 1 gallon.

It would also last a few days in a jug.

I didn’t see what medium you’re using, but anyway I prefer to dip cuttings in rooting gel then add cloning solution to my water using both like I said earlier.

Good luck, I think you’ll need it.

Top Bottom