couple questions for u pros

• Thread starter OGKuShSAL
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OGKuShSAL

attached is a pic of my chem diesel 91, its been vegging under 1000whps roughly since start of november2009 so almost 3.5 month vegging. im gonna start flowering in couple weeks was wondering how much i can expect to yield off it roughly. its pretty big now u can say mother plant status. if any one can help thanks. also ive been running my lights 21-22 hrs. i give the some dark between 5 am and 7am is that ok? normal? when i turn the lights back on they look droopy but pop back up after lights on for a half hour or so.

Newdiesel
M

Malachi

I don't consider myself a "pro", but here are my 2 cents. Are you going to flower under the same light? I am assuming so, I would guess around 8-10 oz. The droopy leaves are normal.

S

SmokeMan

Take some cuts then flower her out. She is massive , Im not sur eshe is going to fit in that closet. Are you ready to flower? Do you have a lightleak proof room for flowering?

D

deftron

hit that beast with vertical lighting and you could crush some major weight!! Prbably dont have enough room tho

D

Donk Frog

LST to control ...vert lights would be the way to go....

S

scoobydoo

Your light schedule is fine, as long as your doing it at the same times everyday and make sure there are NO light leaks. The leaves move more then you think in a day. Yield depends on so many variables no one can really give you a real answer. Ive seen a 1kw hps produce under a pound but also seen over 4. For your first run with a plant you can expect 3/4 to 1.5lbs pretty easy with a 1kw. I would top, chop, clone and train that girl into a much smaller plant, most plants will double in size in the first few weeks of flower some even more. Bigger plants do not mean more yield, and can lead to many issues down the road. Its all in how much light you can get to the plant, to many branches will block light getting to most of the plant meaning you'll get tons of tiny immature buds down low making the extended veg pointless. From the looks of how much you've cut off down low you could have flowered the plant at half maybe a third the height and still had a plant than could use all of your light. Even vertically lit a plant of your size would need 2-3000 watts and a good 10-15ft ceiling to reach its full potential. Right now you have a perfect opportunity to start a sog for your next grow or to gift a bunch of cuts to someone. Its better to start out smaller and simple then you try to grow the biggest craziest plant anyone has ever seen.

C

Cygnus

I agree with these guys. I would cut 25 clones off that baby and run a 4x4 tray under your 1000 with the strongest 20 clones. Too many things can go wrong when you flower a plant that big.

M

MASSES 420KING

what size bucket r u in [ie how many gallons] what nutes r u using and plan on using depending on how big ur grow container is that girl looks like she gonna pump out a pound if not more u should go to top dawg seeds forums they r one of the original breeders.

M

MASSES 420KING

u mean ur growing diesel #1 [Chemdog 91 x mass ss]

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Veg your plants on a 18/6 light schedule for best results.

That plant is way to big already to flower in that space and oddly enogh mother plants don't always to that well when flowered.

Deisel varieties are goin to stretch like a mofo in most cases and take it way outside the footprint of a single 1000w light. If you were rockin 4-6k you would be killin it with that one plant..

Is it from seed or clone? is it sexed?

Beautiful plant but for indoors it is goin to eat your space with the quickness. In a 10-20 gallon pot, 24"-32" is about the max hieght I have been able to flip at and still controll the plant and get killer yields from.

This is goin to sound insane, but i would take a hedge clipper or similar and chop the top 1/3 off the top flat and then flip to 12/12 within a day or so..you'll end up with a damn iniform top canopy and a ton of big bud sites rockin at the same level, not a stringy plant with 12" internodal spacing and a bunch of popcorn schwap to deal with...

Tex

Latest posts

Top Bottom