crack down in San Bernardino...my head is spinning

• Thread starter derkaderk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Up until lately I wouldn`t have looked to be a disabled person in need of medication ether. That has now changed but you can`t always see disabilities. that doesn`t mean that people aren`t sick. Sometimes doctors can`t even tell without extensive testing.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Uh... they may have violated the Brown Act.
They dont give a damn because if you sue them and they lose it didnt cost them a cent,they are using our own money to block the will of the people.If the judge orders them to stop they will just start another similar process and the whole thing starts over again.Id be interested to know what this new info they are keeping quiet about is?The people running san bernardino county are 180 degrees off from what the people want,if this came to a vote it would be the exactly opposite result.Our government is fucked up beyond repair now,its going to take some kind of revolution to change it,I really dont understand why these people feel they can FORCE their will onto us but we need to learn from them and start using their own tactics against them.

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

DId I hear the wiseman I respect mention revolution? indeed good sir indeed! Obviously yur paying attention!

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

They dont give a damn because if you sue them and they lose it didnt cost them a cent,they are using our own money to block the will of the people.If the judge orders them to stop they will just start another similar process and the whole thing starts over again.Id be interested to know what this new info they are keeping quiet about is?The people running san bernardino county are 180 degrees off from what the people want,if this came to a vote it would be the exactly opposite result.Our government is fucked up beyond repair now,its going to take some kind of revolution to change it,I really dont understand why these people feel they can FORCE their will onto us but we need to learn from them and start using their own tactics against them.
These cities and counties need to vote these assholes out! If only we could make people politically conscience we could maybe have a true representative government

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Well this November we're voting on a run-off election between the incumbent supervisor and a new lady. We're 100% behind the new lady and in the June vote she won by SIX votes. California law requires a "vote off" due to that number (I can't remember the minimum number to make it a done deal). Voting can change a lot, IF people acknowledge and use their power.

Don't vote? Fine, but you have no place bitching about how things are if you can't even get involved locally, where you can see your individual impact.

B

barefoot

if voting changes outcome........then for how long.......what about prop 215............?........seems to have little value with counties being able to squash what was voted in......STATEWIDE by the people........................

ganj on.........................

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
In my opinion, if folks would organize and act, they could undo what all these county supervisors have done. But it takes wherewithal, fortitude, time, gumption, time, effort, time, and more time. Oh, and dotting i's and crossing t's. Diligence, in a word.

How are we at organizing? Not so good.

curious2garden

curious2garden

In my opinion, if folks would organize and act, they could undo what all these county supervisors have done. But it takes wherewithal, fortitude, time, gumption, time, effort, time, and more time. Oh, and dotting i's and crossing t's. Diligence, in a word.

How are we at organizing? Not so good.

In my opinion the greater problem seems to be the electors subversion of the people's will. We organized appropriately for both proposition 215 and 420. How many times do people have to vote to make their will known? How many times do we have to organize over the same thing. What we need are some clever court challenges. I also think we should legalize completely, really scare the crap out of them.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
We couldn't have organized for SB420 as it was a bill put forth by the legislature. But I agree with you on those in elected positions subverting the peoples' will.

The thing is that in places like out here where I live the peoples' will is Pro-Prop 8, anti-215 for the most part. It's beers, steers and queers, just like in Texas. It's you mind your own business and I'll mind your own business, and keep offa my claim. This is the ONLY place in California where I've EVER seen a pick-up truck with rifles on a rack in the back window, just like you'd see down South.

So our local supes are more likely than not acting in the majority's opinion/side. It's getting close, especially with more and more outsiders like myself moving in, but it's truly an uphill battle when three out of five have roads named after them.

As for the court challenges, that's an expensive proposition and a path I would never recommend for others, I know just how expensive and time-consuming it can get.

I'm on the legalize fully side now, especially reading posts like those from inthegorge.

curious2garden

curious2garden

We couldn't have organized for SB420 as it was a bill put forth by the legislature. But I agree with you on those in elected positions subverting the peoples' will.

The thing is that in places like out here where I live the peoples' will is Pro-Prop 8, anti-215 for the most part. It's beers, steers and queers, just like in Texas. It's you mind your own business and I'll mind your own business, and keep offa my claim. This is the ONLY place in California where I've EVER seen a pick-up truck with rifles on a rack in the back window, just like you'd see down South.

So our local supes are more likely than not acting in the majority's opinion/side. It's getting close, especially with more and more outsiders like myself moving in, but it's truly an uphill battle when three out of five have roads named after them.

As for the court challenges, that's an expensive proposition and a path I would never recommend for others, I know just how expensive and time-consuming it can get.

I'm on the legalize fully side now, especially reading posts like those from inthegorge.

My understanding is that for Senate Bills they are usually brought by pressure from a Senator's constituency. That was what I meant by organizing. I should have been more specific.

LOL As for court challenge I thought that was the mandate of organizations like NORML? Isn't that what their fund-raising is for. I am so cynical these days.

I've been an involved spectator in our system of jurisprudence and I would never recommend that route but that's beginning to appear to be the only way it's going to be resolved, sadly.

I keep hoping this will end well and I don't see it happening at least not in my lifetime. Just how much money does one business have to have? I do not understand that and never did but that's where my social interface issues come into play.

Top Bottom