cracking c99 beans

• Thread starter dogless
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dogless

Premium Member
Supporter
I have some bros grimm c99 that I purchased back in 96 from seedsdirect. I discovered that the shells are very thick. I soaked two beans for a few days and then placed them in moist paper towels for a few more days. After finally losing my pataince I decided to score the shells with a file. Two days later they popped.
My question is: Has anyone ever cracked a bean to give it a headstart or shall I just keep filling away. Filling them is kinda hard with my xxl hands. I hate to loose these beans especially now that they are a rare item.
Anybody have similar problems I would like to know what you did to solve them. TIA

J

jdubz206

when i pop a batch of seeds and say 4 out of 6 of em pop, i take the 2 that didn't pop and bite em in between my front teeth and they'll have tails in a day or two... be careful, don't do it too hard..i use my fingers to do it sometimes too...at this point they've usually softened up a bit and pop right open...

another trick i use with stubborn seeds is to use a razor blade and slightly drag the blade along the seam...you have to do this so so gently and slight, i cannot emphasize it enough...this sometimes helps....

all those tricks though, i haven't had to use them in quite sometime since i started doing my current method...this is just how i do it, i know some people do it more sterile or different, but it works for me time and time again..the method is simple...take a couple of paper towels and fold em in half 3 or 4 times....place the seeds in the fold and wet the towels down...press the papertowel between your palms to remove most of the water...you want the towels to be damp, not soaking wet...then i drop the wet papertowel with seeds folded in it into a ziploc bag...then i wrap the bag with a dark towel and set on top of my dvd player...90% of the time the seeds will have cracked within 12-24 hours...the other 10% of the time it will take a few more days..if it takes more than a day, open the bag to exhange the air and make sure it stays at the same moisture level...i've tried this with 5+ year old seeds that were not stored any special way and most of them cracked..hope this helps. peace - j

hubcap

hubcap

MAKE F2s DOGLESS

if youre smart youd dedicate the whole grow to making F2s
you could make a MINT off them on ic"hype"rag.

honestly c99s a GREAT grower and producer, but, for me, tolerance to its powers build pretty quickly. but its a great strain to run if you want and easy plant with good yields of above average weed.
c99 and apollo11 are very popular for good reason.

please keep us in tune with your grow farmer dogless.

-hc-

L

l33t

Hi hubcap

I ve tried both c99 and Apollo11 and I have to agree although they are both special and great fast lines tolerance to the effects build up fast!

dogless,

Cant wait to see how these turn out for you. Brothers Grimm c99 is really nice. Like mentioned earlier make F2s and keep clones from all females and males in a shoe-box , you don't want to loose any specials that might turn up from those seeds.

Good luck and keep us updated

thread subscribed ;)

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes dogless, I've heard of this practice when germing tough seed. Never used it myself, but in retrospect I can say mebbe I should have. You could send them to me and I'll germ em for you free of charge!! lol.
I too am pulling up a chair for this one. Green grows dogless.

KAL EL

KAL EL

Another way that works decent is to get a matchbox and put sandpaper in it. Add your beans and shake for a lil bit, it works.

D

Damen

I also hope this works out for you. Be sure and keep a cut of everything in a mother room including the males.

I

ismokepot

I read this on here somewhere on another thread.......... I tried it and it works like a charm. Get a little match box or something similar and line it with light sandpaper. Shake the seeds in the box gently for 5-15 seconds, enough to slightly rough them up. Then move on to the paper towel method. The seeds are now able to better absorb the moisture to help expand the seed casting..........

D

Damen

If you have time sure would be nice to see some pics of the C99

Top Bottom