Cranking up the watts

• Thread starter Growops
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Growops

hey all , ive got some plans coming up that ive been thinking about since summer started. i wanted to do a large grow starting this fall when the temps cool off approaching the winter season . i like having the weather on my side when its cool not like in summer when we need lots of ac to cool our 1000watters.The place is a 3bed room semi , 1600Sq Ft. yes its not a mansion i already run 3000w to flower and growing with 4x4 flood tables . my plan is to have two rooms one in the basement with 4k watts and one upstairs with 4k watts . so far i have 8x1000w hps and some misc. equipment. i wont be using a flip flop BUT !...i will be using the dryer plug in basement and stove plug upstairs becasue i already have the two timer boards so id like to use them . when room 1 goes off room 2 will turn on . hoping to mimic a flip flop . i already know my hydro consumption is going to be very high , i will only be doing 2 grows then its summer again and will be shutting down . is two rooms totaling 8000watts too much ? how about two rooms each using 6000w totaling 12,000watts? where do we draw the line ? i dont want to spark an investagtion . just looking for some opinions on my plan

C

Cannibis Cajun

lol. if ur legal who cares! if not then you are already pushing it imo. but if you must push it to the limit then your logic is correct, ask some people with similar size houses and # of people in the home.

G

Growops

well there will be no ppl living there , if ppl lived there the difference in hydro would be small. i think im going to be way off the consumption chart anyway. basment will be room number one and somewhere upstairs will be room number two . the place is sorta small (1600)sq ft. im a little paro lol but i think its a go .just gotta get somehtings and do some final thinking . i have to measure then post the measurments later :(

G

Growops

the area i got to work with is 12ft wide and 31ft long im thinking now i can just divide that in half giving me 2 rooms side by side , i wanna do this cheaply i mean without ply wood/dry wall . besides its just going to get rippped down anyway . id like to frame with 2x2's and staple white poly and seal seems with tuck tape and put in a door on each room . my other power sorce is the range plug in the kitchen above :( but i will still use it and figure something out .i think i will go with 4000W x2 rooms this is my plan any advice?

I

InvisibleM

Sounds like a nice size area... I guess you plan on exhausting to outside? I love basements, they absorb quite a bit of the heat into the cement floors.

You may want to have the two rooms harvests come in a few weeks apart, trimming 4 lights worth will be a real pain.... or pleasure I guess it's how you look at it.

G

Growops

this is a canadian grow :). im worried about my high wattage but willing to take a chance i guess , i dont want to and never will steal hydro .Can i pay for this much juice? i will be using x5 more that anyone on my street id assume lol im just wondering if i should move forward with this

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

I was going to recommend 4 and 4 lamp in each room. veg and bloom. when you get done cliping flip the veg. then make then bloom room into the veg. Why you ask? its to not make the power bill flux threw out the year. Also keeping your over all utility bills under 2K and always payed on time. Lets see umm make sure you dont catch the place on fire because that is some what of a big draw of power if you have not replace or done any upgrade to the main.

Top Bottom