Crap! 2 weeks till harvest and I find Aphids!

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
After finally winning the battle against spider mites a couple weeks ago....Yesterday I found Aphids!

Too Late to spray..... so, Today I bought and released a few thousand lady bugs...Hopefully they will take care of them :/

also got a couple praying mantis cocoons that should hatch in a few weeks and hopefully help protect my vegging plants

Aphids
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
that sux mang

did you release the ladybugs with the lights off?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Its an Outdoor grow that I am Light dep-ing...

I watered and misted the plants and released the ladybugs in the evening just before I covered them.....

Is that ok?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
yep - always want to release the bugs at night - otherwise they just fly away mostly - now they should settle in and find some yummy aphids

hiboy

hiboy

Had no idea about the releasing of lady bugs at night. Great info M.L.
hiboy

H

HolyMunchies

I have released them during the day in a gh and they stayed put just as long as you have them sprayed down with pepsi.

sticky icky

sticky icky

Damm that's sucks for sure if you spray down the lady bugs with some flat pop/soda or some water dilluted with some sugar it keeps most of there wings stuck so they cant fly until they dry out then spread them over the tops of your medium when the lights go out most will be on a foot hunt all over your plants for food.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Damm that's sucks for sure if you spray down the lady bugs with some flat pop/soda or some water dilluted with some sugar it keeps most of there wings stuck so they cant fly until they dry out then spread them over the tops of your medium when the lights go out most will be on a foot hunt all over your plants for food.

hah now that is cool - nice

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
yeah, One of the guys at the Grow supply store told me about spraying them....

But I couldn't get myself to do it to them..

There are quite a few ladybugs still around..but they are on the top of the leaves and the aphids are on the bottoms..wtf?...lol

I have been turning leaves over and killing the aphids by hand the past couple days So far the little F ers are on just about one leaf out of 20 or 30 I check

I

ibTheMan

Spray um with Suger Water and they cant fly for about 24 hours.
let um out at dank like everyone said.

Top Bottom