Crazy Idea

• Thread starter SmokinAce 03
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SmokinAce 03

Do you think I can switch the flowering period from 7am-7pm to 8pm-8am? The reason, to get the cooler night air flowing through my room instead of the warm daytime air. I started flowering a few outdoors but want to finish them indoors in my room. I was thinking if I left them in the dark for 2 days, 49 hrs to be exact, they should be confused enough to accept the new flowering period. Has anyone ever done this? I've switched vegging periods on a clone before with no ill effects but never a flowering plant. Thanks.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I dont think they would even notice if you switched by one hour,leaving them in the dark for 49 hours will confuse them though,i would skip that part.

S

SmokinAce 03

I'm actually switching them by 13 hrs. Changing their light cycle to 8pm-8am. A little extreme, to say the least, just wondering if anyone else has ever had to do this.

soserthc1

soserthc1

I would do it an hour or two at a time slowly and in 6-7 days you will be were you want to be.... I have done it with no ill effects........ just my 2 cent .....peace soser

Haggardass

Haggardass

Just offset it keeping the dark period longer then kick the lights on when you want but always make night linger not day linger like the guy above said.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

^mee too. just think of it as putting to bed early, or else let them sleep-in. gradual prob doesn't hurt but def not necessary to stress over it for a whole week.

i've done both with no difference, just don't wake them up before at least 12hrs of dark. hardest part is not getting confused and screwing up your timers.

S

SmokinAce 03

I did it once. I opted to go all at once, just like 1 long night.
I never have done it a few hours at a time, figure that would be more stressful or harmful.
Thats the method I think I'm going to go with. Leave 'em in there for a long night. As for the timers, I'll pull them and reset them. What do you guys think of 48 hrs? Or would it be better just going 24? Thanks.

J

Jalisco Kid

I would not go longer then 24 hours, as I know this works. This also depends on your strain. A pure sat I do not think would react normal. But I have not seen a pure sat in a long time.JK

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I did it once. I opted to go all at once, just like 1 long night.
I never have done it a few hours at a time, figure that would be more stressful or harmful.
This is how I've did it b4.. 1 long nite won't hurt the plants

juniorgrower

juniorgrower

I lost power for a whole day once, so the girls spent a whole extra day in the dark and it didn't seem to bother them.

Cort

Cort

I was out of town and a family member checking on the girls tripped on the power cord to ballast. 3 days in dark. no probs

reeldrag

reeldrag

just do it one speed they will be just fine just one long night I have done it a couple times they will b fine! no hr here hr there just switch them you may herm them with all the monkeying around with hr here hr there thats how to herm a plant to get pure strain seeds thou in case anyone was wondering

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

It definately wont hurt them by giving the plants a long 24 hr night, the only downside is that there losing 12 hrs of light so they won't photosynthesise, but its only for 1 day which isn't a big deal when most plants are at least 90 days old at harvest. Go for it and good luck.

Top Bottom