Crazy Looking Leaves

• Thread starter Nybadboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nybadboy

Nybadboy

Hello everyone
Well I am in 2nd week of bloom in coco and I went and picked up the coco bloom notes and feed my plants yesterday and this is what happened al...any ideas

Crazy looking leaves
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Hello everyone
Well I am in 2nd week of bloom in coco and I went and picked up the coco bloom notes and feed my plants yesterday and this is what happened al...any ideas
Need a little more detail, So are you saying those leaves were fine until you fed them. And then shortly after feeding they got weird on you. Be a tad more descriptive. Whats the stats on your enviro? lighting, feed rates, did you spill any feed on the leaves, what was the Ph of your feed? What was the Ph of your runoff etc etc. What nutes are you using and what ec/ppm are you feeding at?

It actually looks like some sort of physical damage to me like something rubbed up and caused that look. I do see some downturned leaf tips in other areas that may be N tox, but the pic isnt as clear as it could be.

Nybadboy

Nybadboy

My ph is 6.2 my lighting is 1k HPS the nutes is canna bloom temp in room 78 degrees 15 mill per gallon of nutes and they got weird after I feed but there is a possibility I did spill on some leaves while feeding but lots of yellowin all the sudden but I ph correct so I'm thrown off

Nybadboy

Nybadboy

Ok but this is a regular number I use but maybe with the bloom nutes it didn't like

Nybadboy

Nybadboy

I understand what I'm saying g is that's what they normally like

justiceman

justiceman

I'm with seamaiden on that one. 6.2 seems like it's just barely pushing the limit of an acceptable PH range for coco, but if that's what you wanna go with go for it.
Nutrient Chart27

Are you in 100% coco? looking into the background it looks like I can see something else is in the mix. Perlite?. Are there other things inside the mix or is it just coco/perlite?

In terms of EC or PPM what are you feeding your plants? Looks like it might be over fed but I'm not really sure.

Could also possibly be a potassium deficiency from the PH judging by that shaded leaf to the right of the twisted one but I'm also not sure about that either.
Potash

Last edited:
Nybadboy

Nybadboy

Problem I have as well is genetics ..I got these clones from a 3rd party its the same bud as in my avatar pic and I grew them outside the first run took some cuttings because it was very good and have 26 of them inside now so I'm learning on the fly with these guys

justiceman

justiceman

Thanks for taking the time to post this for me and I gave them a first time shot of coco bloom and yes its mixed with per light and I will adjust my ph to 5.8-6.0 tops

No problem I enjoy it! Awesome so you are in a coco/perlite mix. Ya 5.8-6.0 tops should be perfect.

Do you use an EC meter? Also known as a TDS meter, PPM meter, Nutrient meter, etc.
If you don't I would get one for sure because it will tell you how much nutrient you are actually feeding your plants.

Nybadboy

Nybadboy

To be honest thisnis my first indoor grow ever ! Im just starting to have some fun,before i was driving myself nuts and I don't have them meters ...I have 2 4x8 gorilla grow tents with each having a 1k HPS on a rail ...I was told to put both of the lights I one tent but I have way to many plants for one that was my greed lol ...so I just spent 1600 bucks on my second tent and all the other stuff I needed lights rail mover fan cam blower ext...

justiceman

justiceman

Right on man. I wish you luck on the indoor. It's so much fun.

Well you have the PH meter so you should definitely get that EC meter. Seems like you don't mind throwing down some cash on stuff so I'd recommend a bluelab truncheon OR bluelab EC pen. Blue lab is SOLID.

Nybadboy

Nybadboy

No kidding I will run out tomorrow and grab one and if you don't mind may I call on you if I need any help or if I have any questions ? By the way are you from California ?

Nybadboy

Nybadboy

Here is my first question lol
Should I take sucker leaves from the top or just the bottoms ..im sending you a pic now with this

IMG 20161204 172200
justiceman

justiceman

I'd go with what Savage Henry said. Don't go too crazy though. How tall is that lady?

If that's the same plant on your original post above then overall it looks real healthy aside from maybe just a tad too much N, but that's not hard to fix.

Top Bottom