Crazy Tap Water...

• Thread starter Casual
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Casual

Hi All... I'm working on a BioBucket grow and am ready to fill the system. In checking my tap water, I found the following:

Last night when I checked it fresh from the faucet, I got these readings... pH7.4 PPM 640

This morning when I checked the same glass from last night, I got pH8.4 PPM 740.

I guess I'm stuck running an RO system?
I know GH makes Hard Water nutes, but damn!!

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Caz

C

Casual

Called GH today and talked to one of their guys... Thought he about crapped when I told him where my PPM's were. He definitely recommended going with RO or Half/Half, but I told him I already had the RO system... He said to run with the RO.
It's installed and running through it's first 5 gallons into a bucket. Then I'll hook it up to the rez and let it start filling.

Caz

sedate

sedate

Casual said:
Called GH today and talked to one of their guys... Thought he about crapped when I told him where my PPM's were.

Yea 700ish is totally unworkable. Depending on the composition of that 700ppms - you'll be dealing with some seriously damaged plants in short order.

My tap water hovers between 100 and 350 - it'll give me all kinds of problems within just a few weeks.

RO water for sure for sure.

C

Casual

Thanks Sedate... always nice to have a validation of something I'm doing!!

Caz

X

Xceptional

http://www.purewaterclub.com/
0 ppm Reverse Osmosis 2 OUTPUT RODI WaterFilter ROH-6B2W-150
[ROH-6B2W-150]

$115

comes with a float switch. i put it on the side of a 50 gal trash can and installed the thing myself with no plumbing expierence in about 20 minutes. the second one i installed for a friend to a whopping 10 minutes probably.

sunleaves TDS meter reads 3ppm and blulab shows no reading. the thing is awesome and i always have 50 gal of water ready to go for a total of $140 ($115 shipped for RO, $25 for 50 gal garbage can).

M

MsJones

Handy - thanks for the link xceptional, and the thread, casual

Top Bottom