Creating a truly perpetual garden, and keeping it rolling.

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I know people probably sick of seeing all my stupid threads, but I wanted to settle on a simple format. Pics are too difficult to actually appreciate what's going on in a perpetual setting. Seems like still photo's don't quite capture it right.

Anyhow, this is my attempt a more detailed, but less lengthy (easier to navigate) thread. Some of the auto's are starting to flower in the bottom video, so this is why I'm making this specific thread.
More will be coming.

Feel free to leave comments, constructive criticism, and/or questions, and I will try to follow-up.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Auto's are a bit droopy, so I'm concerned, any comments are appreciated, and taken under advisement.
Backed off the nutes a bit, and I think it may be too much nitrogen, or phosphate, if'n I'm right... (or both) Been bringing up the phos and potassium a bit, but I'm probably lagging on the mono-potassium phosphate, is my guess.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I'm running a perpetual grow now but looking at another tent to do the veg period in and rim 2 flower tents to keep up with the seed popping frenzy I'm going through . Each 2 to 3 weeks I move in another sexed female defo new tent coming and SF1000 and means I can still keep my drying tent in the Shen space as well .

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I'm running a perpetual grow now but looking at another tent to do the veg period in and rim 2 flower tents to keep up with the seed popping frenzy I'm going through . Each 2 to 3 weeks I move in another sexed female defo new tent coming and SF1000 and means I can still keep my drying tent in the Shen space as well .
I see that you've got a lot going on over there, no doubt. Are you putting any of it outside?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I see that you've got a lot going on over there, no doubt. Are you putting any of it outside?
Yes I've got my little hot house almost finished plus my back porch gets the best winter sun so I'm going to do a winter outdoors grow as well ..

🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶💯🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🍿❄️❄️❄️❄️

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
nice! You got your jungle back. :-)
Yes, the only thing that made sense today so far! The flowering tent is starting to pick up and fill out some, (at least the canopy is filling in) and upping the mono-potassium was the right move. I've got to get some of those girls out of the other veg room (and whereever) soon, or I'm going to be overrun.

The only thing I can say about these EARLY MISS AUTOS is this, some of them only have 3 or 5 leaves on them, is this a common trait anyone? I was hoping to breed some of that ruderalis out of the plant, actually, and try and breed some of the bigger kushy leaf traits into it, but it didn't happen the first time around. But they still look pretty good, overall. Hopefully, I've at least increased the flowering times by a week or two, and instilled some quality West-Coast genes into the flowers.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Well it's certainly rolling... The garden is exploding everywhere, it's just blowing up, so I've got to keep getting in there and rotating the pants around, and pulling a few to put at other locations.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Here's the updated vid of the veg room, I've been occasionally removing a few here and there as time permits, and what the room will accept. It's certainly at a breaking point, where plant growth is being inhibited in some of the plants, so I keep rotating them to to keep it in check as much as possible.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Here things in the flowering tent.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Looks great Frank what week are some of the ones at the back of tent ?
My guess is that some of them are approaching 3 week point, I believe. Maybe 2 1/2 at minimum, but that big one was just put in there about a week ago.

I don't keep track of it like I should, I mostly just look at the plant/flower itself, to tell me what to do. Pretty soon, I think I should back off of some of them, actually. There getting to that phase where they won't need quite as much anymore, let the momentum cover them. But they have been sucking the liquids up pretty good, I've been letting them get almost bone dry at times. Also spraying the bases with microbes everyday.

Moisture capturing surfactants... Glycerin, dipotassium phosphate, potassium bicarbonate and coco glucoside foliars.
Coco glucoside is so very clean and gentle, it works like magic. Mixing alcohols and sugar or glucose = alkyl glucoside. I add the potassium bicarbonate, (used in vinyards, and tobacco cultivation) because I think it creates trace amounts of carbon dioxide, and water. KHCO3 → K2CO3 + CO2 + H2O. It also inhibits mold, and keeps insects in check.

Cocoglucoside 1
Last edited:
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
My guess is that some of them are approaching 3 week point, I believe. Maybe 2 1/2 at minimum, but that big one was just put in there about a week ago.
Nice mate , my attempt of the perpetual grow is moving along well some are hitting end of week 4 to 5 ish down to 3 or 4 days ago I bit last 2 in it's a bit tight but have new light coming which I can run 2 flower tents I'll move a few of them to the new area space it out .

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Mr Boz, when he's not sniping pot plants.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Couple of the plants, seem to be blowing up really nicely. Approaching week 3 with some of them. Everything seems healthy, have to pry them apart, so they can get some space between them to grow., lol

IMG 20210520 164057138
IMG 20210520 170407191
IMG 20210520 170417491
IMG 20210520 170450419
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
More plants.

IMG 20210520 171944316
IMG 20210520 172001775
IMG 20210520 172011563
IMG 20210520 172018475
IMG 20210520 204436157
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Some roots? Is this bound yet? lol Got lots of these I've been working on, there the next plants in line. Can't be holding them back too long. I put a little coco on them, and the bottom of the cup, then spray them with microbes. Keeping close tabs on phosphate levels, ph is low. Not even been checking, TBH.

IMG 20210520 161052647

Latest posts

Top Bottom