creating more crystals

• Thread starter boodist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

boodist

i know most of this relates to the strain but I am just curious if there are different growing techniques which can create a more glazed effect for eye candy.

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

Capitate stalked trichome percentage is a misleading visual cue when it comes to true potency. What really matters is THC percentage within the individual trichomes in relation to overall numbers.

Genetics are your number one limiting factor. Proper humidity control is essential for a really well-developed terpene profile, which is a major factor to consider when it comes to quality.

As a simple question...

S

SSHZ

I agree. The type of "terpines" that make up the resin also contributes to the quality of the high. More resin does not necessarily mean stronger pot.

Lower humidity is 2nd most important, after genetics.

G

ganja_guy52

What about shocking the plant w/ cold water or something, would that contribute to resin production (considering the plant is of good genetics)?

:bong-hits:

S

SSHZ

No....if anything, stressing the plant would probably reduce THC production.......

Blaze

Blaze

^^^ Agreed. Harvesting and processing technique also has a big effect. If you are rough on your flower you will knock a lot of trich's off.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

i think its so funny that people think stress is going to help them... lol one too many weed books maybe?

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
I thought watering with cold water helped bring out purple colors?? Is this rite??

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Just cold air will do it, PG.

I'm rather surprised no one has mentioned ultraviolent radiation.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Cold water on the root zone if you can't get your ambient room conditions to come down will help IMO

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
a proper cure always helps. Cool, dry place... dry slow. Let the sugars break down.

oldirtybastard

oldirtybastard

Try some Snow Storm Ultra
It seems to frost up strains that are lacking trichs. ~ODB~

jyip

jyip

Genetics are your number one limiting factor. Proper humidity control is essential for a really well-developed terpene profile, which is a major factor to consider when it comes to quality.

Lower humidity is 2nd most important, after genetics.

i never realized that humidity had such a strong play in potency

...why?? is it because without the perfect RH% the flowering plant deos not develop totally, and does not grow to its potential...interesting
btw, what is roughly the correct RH% isnt it around 40% RH the right amount, and a lil more during veg, around 50-60% RH

thx

jyip

jyip

i had thought that gravity by humbolt products or something eel river hydro,,,a name close to that
anyhow, the gravity helps finish the flowering up nice i thought,, but everyone seems to have theri majic bullets when they grow

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
never heard that gravity will help produce more crystals - its more of a hardener

have heard from people who used it that it will aversely affect the end product and amount of crystal if you use too much

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
What's up motherlode? I have been using Gravity the past few runs, and agree that it does harden nugs a bit. I didn't observe trich enhancement though. I believe that is what Snow Storm is for, by the same makers of Gravity. I have been using Gravity at 1ml/G with good results. When you get that slight white tip burn, back off and go to .5ml/G. The only thing I can think of to enhance your resin count is to cross it out to a different strain that has good trich coverage and potency. Say cross it to an Alien dominate strain or a The White dominate strain. Other than that I would work on perfecting your atmosphere and your rhizosphere in order to promote the best expression of your genetics before trying to add some magic potion with a cool name. :)

Cheers,
Crom

S

SSHZ

This is what I've always read about humidity and trichome production: The plant needs to maintain a certain amount of moisture in the leaf to maintain its health. When the ambient humidity is above 50% it has a very easy time staying moist inside. But when they RH drops, protective measures are taken to ensure that the plant does not dry up, this results in an increase of resin production as an internal device to maintain humidity. Makes sense, don't you think?

Top Bottom