Creating New Elites

• Thread starter gerardbutler79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gerardbutler79

Been told to spread the love. Merry Christmas! I bless thee with.. the BLUEPRINT! lol jk folks I pasted this from another site, some good ideas. Well I think so anyway, what about you guys? Ehhhhhh? :party0044:

Hey ***** if we ever get that island.. lol I got us covered with the task of perhaps catapaulting the cannabis genepool to uncharted territory? lol anyway... been dong some homework as ya say and this is what I came up with. Hardcore sat's and pure indy F1's. Check it out. Would like to know what ya think of the selection.

BREEDING (depends on Snowhigh, Braindead, BillyGoat, Bodhi, Esco)

1. Angola-Thai x Indicas, Apollo 13, Grape Krush
- Wonderful pure sativa with a soaring and psychedelic high. Apollo may add sweetness and shorten flower time. Grape Krush as well.

2. Jedi Thai x Indicas (DSB, TOK, 88-G13, Petrolia, Iranian, L.A. Affie, Hindu Kush) - Pure Asian sativa with an electric, psychedelic high. F1 with pure indicas. Iranian auto flower will shorten flower time most. TOK and Petrolia should create similar progeny as they're both highland Afghans. All others should produce explosive F1 sativa/indica elites from their potency to use as breeding tools for future hybrids.

3. Malawi Gold x Genius* Green Crack, True Blueberry
- Pure African sativa with a heart racing, dense, spinning psychedelic high. Genius may add clarity, tame some of the heart racing and paranoia, and shorten flower time. Green Crack should do the same but sweeten the flavor a bit more. Blueberry also while taming the heart racing/paranoia most.

4. Vietnam Black x Genius, Green Crack, Chemdog #4
- Sativa hybrid with a high like Malawi except more up and expansive. The Genius and Green Crack for same reasons as Malawi but no need to sweeten the flavor since the Vietnam Black is already sweet, plus, it'd be really cool to name a cross "black-crack" lol. The Chemdog #4 should do the same but instead add chem flavor and more indica to the mix.

5. Durban Poison x Indicas, Genius, Chemdog 91, Cheese, Lavender
- Pure, shorter flowering African sativa with an astringent, and powerful aroma. Genius will tame the heart racing/paranoia, shorten flower time even more. Chemdog 91, Cheese, and Lavender all for stink bomb, pungent flavored progeny.

6. Mexican Haze x Apollo 13, Northern Lights
- A5 Haze crossed to a Mexican sativa. Apollo will shorten flower time and the Northern Lights ***** is working on would make a nice back cross to the A5.

E

E.T.

Nice thread man. Have a few projects like this i'm working on now...

G

gerardbutler79

Thanks ET. I threw in a few edits of my own. LoL lets make it like a wikipedia article and all throw in our own ideas haha. So what are these projects you're workin on?

E

E.T.

here's a list of projects in the works atm:

white s1 x (purple urkle x vietnam black)

black haze x (Chemdog D x Chemdog D)

(angola red x banghi haze) x deep chunk

jamaican me crazy x lambsbread

mulanje gold x fire og bx

these are just getting started, but many more sure to follow...

E

E.T.

also have some dsb x tok i plan on working someday....along with some of ndnguy's 88 g13/hp...
could go on for days...as i dig through the vault...

HungryMan420

HungryMan420

Nice strains Gerard!! I wish i had that Petrolia Im still lookin its been a couple of years and the search continue!! Very Nice Brotha if ever need future testers let a Dood Know Merry Christmas!!

Lemonhoko

Lemonhoko

GBS Genetics
Dont under estimate the power or recessive genes.

Sometimes, crosses just dont mix like the flavors of koolaide. Lots of hidden traits and factors.

IMO, breeding is a bit more complicated than that.
If you cross two varieties of extremes, such as Indica to Sativa, expect a vast variance in the early generations.

johnursery

johnursery

^ i agree, 1+1 doesnt equal 2 when it comes to breeding, you would need a vast understanding of each of those strains, what they bring and what they will loose, also theres a poly-hybrid problem you would need to make selections and stabalize the strain and thats if you can get the traits you want to match

johnursery

johnursery

talk is talk, but breeding is a science thats been dissected all the way down to the genetic level, hell even beyond the genetic strands to the molecular level that shows how and when genes can be activated or stay dormant, and which ones are dominant and recessive...mendels research is interesting to get a fundamental understanding but thats already considered outdated by some people as theres been lots of breakthroughs in genetic research since then

E

E.T.

agreed, but you won't know how genes will combine until the work is put in. sometimes things don't work out and you have to move on.

johnursery

johnursery

exactly and if you can expect that crossing an unstabalized poly-hybrid will give you unstable results than if you want you can plan for it and try to stabalize it first, but to put in all that work to find that your not gunna grow enough plants to even find one fitting the matched characteristics that you want could all be avoided with a little knowledge before the works put in, saving tons of time effort and dissapointment...just trying to help out

Jarofunk

Jarofunk

what is ur Black Haze cut? one of my bros made a Black Haze, I think it was a Barney's Farm G13-Haze x Blackberry.

I like the idea of this thread. There need to be some new elites. I would love to see some new bomb shit.

E

E.T.

not the same. this one is straight up sativa. it's the cut from florida. verified, but lineage is anyone's guess... finishes from 90-120 days.

G

gerardbutler79

I wanna try those Purple nams as well. I think they'll be great. Im assuming your Chem is the one Socal just released. I wanna get ahold of this black haze. I wanna see how it is. The mulanje gold also caught my eye as it was advertised to be a more potent malawi gold genotype. Question is your Angola from LMN? Btw nice crosses!

E

E.T.

The Angola was done by a friend. I'm looking to further stabilize the line...
The Chemdog D x Chemdog D is the socal dawg.
i'll throw up pics as things get interesting

G

gerardbutler79

Dont under estimate the power or recessive genes.

Sometimes, crosses just dont mix like the flavors of koolaide. Lots of hidden traits and factors.

IMO, breeding is a bit more complicated than that.
If you cross two varieties of extremes, such as Indica to Sativa, expect a vast variance in the early generations.

In the polyhybrids of course, but not in the landrace F1's, like the Thai, or Durban Poison x Afghani types

G

gerardbutler79

The Angola was done by a friend. I'm looking to further stabilize the line...
The Chemdog D x Chemdog D is the socal dawg.
i'll throw up pics as things get interesting

sounds terrific. So was the offspring from the Angola x Banghi cross uniform? If not, what sort of phenotype did ya mate with the Deep Chunk?

E

E.T.

sounds terrific. So was the offspring from the Angola x Banghi cross uniform? If not, what sort of phenotype did ya mate with the Deep Chunk?

these have yet to be grown out....after this round, i'll get into the angola/banghi x dc. atm i'm working the purple nam, looking for a colorful nam leaning dad. i'll use him to knock up a white s1 and go from there. also working the black haze cut and have some tre stardawg pollen ready and waiting for her...but then i also have some pure gooey, ultimate moondawgs and white x stardawg f2s that i'm running this round as well as some purple budders x herijuana, daywrecker diesel, Chemdog's Sister, mcfly, romulan x herijuana and a few other gems....so many choices....

S

SoiledMyself

not the same. this one is straight up sativa. it's the cut from florida. verified, but lineage is anyone's guess... finishes from 90-120 days.

Im really interested to see anything crossed with the black. Especially if it's Chemdog D:confused0054:

Top Bottom