Creating New Genetics.

• Thread starter MarkAlan420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MarkAlan420

MarkAlan420

I have an awesome mother plant that I cloned, and is very vigorous. I wanted to pollinate a single branch to produce a "seed bank," so to say.
Would this work, and not ruin an existing un-pollenated crop? Strategic pollen placement.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I have an awesome mother plant that I cloned, and is very vigorous. I wanted to pollinate a single branch to produce a "seed bank," so to say.
Would this work, and not ruin an existing un-pollenated crop? Strategic pollen placement.
I do it all the time..In fact I use different pollen on different branches to have one mom carry different crosses..works fine. In fact I have smoked the seeded bud and it smokes just fine. (if it's really weaker, I can't tell myself)
Hint: I mark the different branches with different color zip ties (Harbor Fgt Tools..cheap) and record the information for when I harvest. Usually my plants come down before the branches carrying seeds do, so plan accordingly. It is not necessary to sacrifice the rest of the plant for the seeds..just leaved the seeded part in the growing medium until the seeds ripen (usually a week-10 days later).
Good info here:

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I got roughly 180 seeds off two pollinated branches so you don’t need to do much to get quite a few seeds. Selecting a branch or two is the best way to do it imo unless you need thousands of seeds.

WestbyGod

WestbyGod

I make sure all fans are turned off in my tent before pollinating. I use a fine paint brush to dab pollen onto individual buds. I then cover branch with a brown paper bag, secured loosely with a rubber band. Keep covered for 5 days to let pollen absorb fully into buds. Remove bags after 5 days, and you will have plenty of seeds for your next grow.

Todd2 100
Todd2 101
MarkAlan420

MarkAlan420

Where is the best place to obtain quality pollen. Looking for Master Kush to pollinate blue dream.

Dunge

Dunge

I pollinate at 3 to 4 weeks into flower.
Mark the target branch with a colored pipe cleaner.
Pull the plant out of my flower space and into the dark basement at the start of darkness.
Let pollen warm from freezer temps to avoid condensation.
Pollinate by dipping q-tip and painting each target flower.
Let sit overnight.
Spray plant with water to deactivate any un-absorbed pollen.
Place plant back into flower space in the morning.
Seems to work fine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom