I am growing in Coco/perlite
I am using botanicare CNS17
Grow 10ml
Liquid Karma 2ml
Cal Mg + 3ml
ph 5.5-5.8
fed once a day to 10% runoff
Lights T-8 will be under hps for flower
the medium was flushed to 0 ppm before planting.....

The strain is GSC x Platinum Super Silver Haze
I have been growing this for a while...a little background...this strain .....I didnt know if it was deficent but the stems get super purple
I have grown in differ media with differnt styles and the results were always the same as well I have used CNS before
So I started growing in coco at the regimen that my friend has given me.....they immediately started loosing the purple then my clones started blowin up....but in the past week...I started gettin this kinda of stuff
It looks strange and I have never seen it
wondering if anyone has a clue about this
this is what they looked like 2 weeks ago
Creepy growthany help is appreciated 5

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've never had thrips, but I have had two strains show what I took to be a mosaic virus during an indoor run. Clones from mothers that I took myself, mothers never showed it, subsequent clones never showed it. They flowered out just fine. I think precautions should be taken. Read in the Dudded, Stunted and Runted plants thread, search Google using "tmv @thcfarmer.com", and... there are a couple other threads here that should turn up for you.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No it's not. Hydro should be in the low to mid 5's, he's at the high end of the range for soil.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've never run hydro, or even coco, as high as 6.5. But, what do I know?

Wisher619

Wisher619

thank you for the imput.....I will look into those and check out the thread
by the way yes I am in coco so I am running a passive hydro system....they literally get watered every day and the media stays wet
With 100% saturation rate coco still holds 30% oxygen which means it is impossible to over water in coco as well you need to use the ph scale for hydro....in flower you scale it up for the uptake of differ elements and by end of flower you should be in the 6.5 range
I was just trippin on some of the growth which to me looks kinda hormonal
I was thinkin of stopping the use of liquid Karma to see if this goes away as it has alot of differ L-aminos and kelp....which are good but may be bad at this point
also what I thought was weird was the fact that this plant has always had purple stems but since I have been running these clones hydro the purple has disappeared and nice green growth has begun...besides the weird twisting and molting

here is a good leaf and if you zoom in you can see that the stem has only purple streaks not fully purple like the clones as babys

Wisher619

Wisher619

so after some research...I am torn.....Ive read many sites about Mosaic Virus...some people swear by it and others say those people are full of crap...I know I dont have bugs....
These are the first clones I have ever used in coco/hydro
all the others were in organic soil with small doses of fert here and there
The one thing I noticed is it all started when the stems started to green up...where ever the green stem is the new growth comes out twisted and varigated yellow green with missing pieces of leaf
if you check with the other pix you can see where the stem is still purple that the leaves are fine...
here is a pic of a flowering one in organic soil

as well...I called the guy I got the seeds from and he said I am mistaken
it is Blue Dream x Platinum GSC
he said he has never seen the purple stem on any that he has grown and never seen the varigation
maybe a genetic anomaly that thrives with little to no P
Im at a loss
They are however growing really fast

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The one thing you can do something about is that pH. I've run plenty of coir, IMO/IME it should be in the 5.8-6.2 range and 6.5 is way too high. 6.0 really tends to be the sweet spot for the vast majority of strains.

That fast growth is the beauty of coir.

The purple petioles tend to read to me as P-, but it also looks like the mains are purple, in which case I tend to view it as genetic. But your guy says no, not possible, so that brings me back to P. Got Koolbloom or some other P?
I was thinkin of stopping the use of liquid Karma to see if this goes away as it has alot of differ L-aminos and kelp....which are good but may be bad at this point
While LK can cause some really weird shit, I don't know that you're using enough to cause that. But it shouldn't hurt to drop it.

Wisher619

Wisher619

I am also thinkin of dropping Cal mg plus as well...called botanicare and they told me there coir comes pre charged which may be true as it was 100ppm they also told me that CNS has enough Cal to run without Cal Mg
My PH going in is 5.8 and my PH coming out is 6.7 which is weird....also my ppms comming out are exactly the same as going in 814ppm
but...my plants have grown 11" in 10 days
the thing about the purple stem...the more I green it up...the more the leaves twist and varigate...the more purple the stem the darker and perfect the leaves become.....
the plant seems healthy as the roots are now exploding out of the holes in the bottom of the pots and growth hasnt stopped.....
oh well....thnx for the thoughts Sea....I'll figure it out eventually

Top Bottom