Crimping

• Thread starter RickyRicardo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RickyRicardo

Anybody has experience using Crimping as a technique to control/reduce height?

I have tried to find more info on that technique but I dont get much more past the usual one paragraph explaining to crush the stem...

Any advice, guidance would be appreciated

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ahhh... super-cropping. Yes, I do have experience doing this. What is it you'd like to know? It really is very simple, thusly not much need to take more than a paragraph to explain the technique. Your goal is to force a given branch to bend over slightly without breaking it so it can continue to grow. Pinching the stem you wish to bend, gently to start, is how it's done. How hard you have to ultimately pinch depends on the strength of the stem.

E

Element4NorCal

I would recommend rolling the stem between your fingers pushing down slightly. You should feel little bits of slight popping this is the plant tissue breaking down. Once the stem becomes more pliable you can bend it till it creases and it will not break if you have done it correctly. If you did not do it correctly you may snap the stem in half.

You can also top it by cutting off the very top to create 2 tops or if you cut 80% of the top of the new leaf growth off leaving 20% you may even get 3 tops while the rest of the bottom catches up so you end up with more larger bud sites.

Jay Frost

Top Bottom