Crispy Brown Leaves

• Thread starter HollywoodHarvst
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HollywoodHarvst

Here's some photos of my plants since pictures = 1000 words. Here's the info. Any help or advise is greatly appreciated. I copied and pasted Stickies questionnaire to help out : )

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
Clones

2. How old are your plants?
Approx 1.5 months

4. What size containers are they planted in?
Probably about a half gallon.

5. What is your soil mix?
Foxfarms soil

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
I water when they are dry, every 2-3 days. Distilled water.

7. What is the pH of your water?
Don't have meter yet, so I'm not sure.

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
None yet.

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
Just water once a day.

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
Currently under 8 4ft T-5's

11. How close are your lights to the plants?
6"-8"

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
Veg room 6' x 9'

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
Humidity is up and down right now but between 51-65, temp between 77-80, co2 between 1200-4000ppm

14. What is the pH of the soil?
I have a shitty meter, but around 6.8

15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?

Had spider mites. They seem to be under control for now,

16. How much experience do you have growing?
Hobby style outdoor 18+ years, I grow a plant or 6 every year in the garden. Indoor, besides a closet grow about 12 years ago, I'm a novice

Here's some more info you might find useful
I got these clones about a month and a half ago and my veg room wasn't ready. They had severe spider mites. I transplanted them into Foxfarms soil and put them in a sealed box. The box had only 2 4ft T-5s at a fixed height about a 1.5 ft above the plants. So not much light. I ran them in a vert high co2 environment to see if it would kill the spider mites, which it did. They sat there for a month and a half, growing pretty good. I had to top them twice, so they are pretty bushy now. Once the veg room was ready I dipped them in Einsteins neem oil (the brown spots on the leaves are soil left over from the dip) and moved them in. I have keep the lights pretty high, but I do have all 8 on right now.

That's when the problem intensified. I realized that they had never really had a watering in that month and a half, just little bits here and there that never even flowed out the bottom, let alone a flushing. So I flushed them a couple days ago and will give them another good one once they are dry. And that's about all I can think off for now. It's so sad to see the new growth already yellowing.

BTW- strains are Purple Erkle, Jack and Trainwreck, but they are all showing the same symptoms

Thanks again for any help.
leafProblems3.jpg
leafProblems4.jpg
leafProblems2.jpg
leafProblems.jpg

H

HollywoodHarvst

Yeh, I have not got my RO system yet and the only place around that fills 5 gallon jugs uses distilling. I heard it's basically the same as RO, am I wrong?

H

HollywoodHarvst

I just read through Stickies in-depth problems/pest post and to be honest, my plants look like they could have any number of problems, so now I'm not even sure if its just nute overload.

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

you have alot of problems... first you should stop watering them with distilled water get RO water from a water store, if you dont have a hydro shop near you go to a fish store and get PH tester drop kit its cheap like 8 bucks. Now your soil only has enough food for about 3 or 4 weeks max!!! So you need to feed them once out of every three waterings, so thats 2 at PH 6.5 with RO water, and 1 with 6.5 RO water w/nutes. I would just go with Fox farm Grow big at 1 cap full per gallon and add 5ml cal mag. For flowering get Fox farm Big bloom and Tiger Bloom, add 1 cap full of Big Bloom and 1.5 of Tiger Bloom and that should get you pretty damn close to not having any problems. Also you say you water every 2 to 3 days when they are dry but then a couple of questions later you say water once a day, so which one is it?

H

HollywoodHarvst

Thanks for the info LordDank. I have already switched to RO water. I found out the problems with distilled water online. Sorry about the watering confusion, I've been watering the soil when it's dry, every few days, but foliar feeding them every night before lights out (20 on/4off) with straight water. I already have the CES line up of nutes. They have a cal-mag mix that I mixed up and have ready to use, but was waiting to see what people recommended. Just a not, the new growth is looking much better 4-5 days after that initial flush.

S

supasticky

I have seen this problem before with the Einstein Oil. You get really bad light burn if there is a little puddle of oil on top of the leaves or if you don't dilute to the right amount.

I think this is your problem because in your pictures there are many different burn spots on one leaf. Usually with a deficiency or pH problems there is one spot on the leaf that eventually spreads, not little dots everywhere. The picture I'm talking about is the 1st one, the leaf all the way on the right. With the Einstein Oil or any other dip you have to make sure to shake off all excess water.

-Supa

H

HollywoodHarvst

Just a little follow up. After switching to RO water and getting them all on the nutrient cycle they are all doing great. I definitely be a little more cautious next time I dip them. These are the last ones that will be done in FoxFarms soil as I'm switching to ProMix.

W

Weedseed

Looks like a mag deficiency.Your ph maybe needs tweaking?I've had this problem many times as well.I usually flushed and adjusted the ph.Look to the plants to tell you what ph they are happiest at :) peace

Top Bottom