Critical Hearing On Bills To Limit Home Grows And Turn Patients Into Criminals

• Thread starter mountain
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mountain

mountain

Call your representatives. Remember, be brief and polite, tell your story, better to enroll them on your side than vent.

These types of limits are already in effect in highlands ranch and parker. Is this appropriate to be forced state wide in rural areas outside the metro area?

Critical Hearing on bills to limit home grows and turn patients into criminals
BY RX MARYJANE on MARCH 5, 2017 • ( 0 )

Rep. Dan Pabon and KC Becker, with help from the House Democrats, have introduced the worst attack on patients and caregivers we’ve seen yet! HB17-1220 would limit ALL home cultivation to 12 plants STATEWIDE. NO EXCEPTION for patients or caregivers. In fact, the bills specifically target patients and caregivers as the source of diversion to other states and children. HB17-1221 provides grants to law enforcement to further criminalize patients.

YOUR HELP IS NEEDED NOW! All hands on deck!

CALL and EMAIL the Committee TODAY! Tell your story. Let them know how this would affect you. Contact information is here:https://www.facebook.com/notes/cann...orado-2017-finance-committee/1087365344708746

IMPORTANT! If you can’t make it to the hearing, WRITE YOUR TESTIMONY and SEND A COPY to [email protected] or directly to Rep. Steve Lebsock at [email protected] and Rep. Jonathan Singer at [email protected]. THIS IS CRITICAL! If this bill passes committee, your testimony will be read on the House Floor so that it is entered in the public record!

The governor is saying that:

1. Home grows are inherently dangerous
2. They contribute to the black market
3. The black market has increased since legalization
4. There is increased violence overall and in residential neighborhoods
5. Caregivers and patients with high plant counts are diverting out of state and selling to kids

The bottom line is we passed a compromise law (SB15-014) that just went into effect on January 1, 2017. Why are we not waiting for it to work?

Consider answering these questions:
1. How does this hurt sick patients?
2. How do people grow safely at home?
3. How does this inhibit smart collaborations by preempting local control?
4. Is there data that proves the black market and other crimes have not increased compared to other states that have legalized?

We ALL need to do everything we can to KILL THESE BILLS!

Read HB1220 here: http://leg.colorado.gov/bills/hb17-1220

Read HB1221 here: http://leg.colorado.gov/bills/hb17-1221

SHOW UP! SPEAK UP!

https://cannabispatientsalliance.or...-home-grows-and-turn-patients-into-criminals/

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Mountain, the limits in HR and Parker are Douglas County ordinances, and other cities like Centennial are doing the same. This will have the most impact from rural farmers who have the ability to grow more than their twelve. The ordinance in Douglas County was mostly written to address odor complaints, traffic complaints, and potential criminal activity like 99 plants or more per patient. Patient co-ops were not discussed during the douglas county plant limits.

Now, legislators are no longer concerned with plants per house, now they want to address diversion of medical marijuana (high plant counts) to the black market, something i won't comment on here. Unfortunately the scare tactics work, and those assholes on the hill would rather have voters thinking the dudes next door are 'black market drug dealers' as opposed to medical patients with proper paperwork. Of course the people who line their pockets aren't caregivers, they're MMC's. Limiting plant counts would push more sales at the shops, which is a net positive for the MMC's, for the state wrt tax revenue, and for LEO wrt enforcing plant counts.

It's unfortunate that the 'bad' parts about both rec and medical will spell the end of medical as we know it, at least over twelve plants.

This is also the first time I am hearing reporting about patient coops, which apparently are huge grows that contain a group of recreational users plants that would appear to be a grow with more than the 12, 24, 99 plant count or whatever measuring stick they are using. I haven't heard anyone complain about these coops going buck wild, and i certainly haven't heard about patient coops at all. I thought those went away with 1284/106 and the wording that caregivers can't live together for the purposes of cultivation, but I assume a coop would be defined differently.

Now we are seeing the backlash of amateurs and those who don't give a shit or otherwise take advantage. We are unable to police ourselves, and we have to deal with the negative impacts of those who are taking advantage or breaking the law.

I guess I'm cynical, but these assholes already had their minds made up when they drafted this language, and they don't give a shit about anyone in a rural community, they are concerned about their voting base and their job, nothing more.

Why else would they want to limit plant count state wide? Money.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I'm just asking a question is 12 fully grown plants each grow enough to keep you going till your next crop of 12 shit I'd love to be legal to even grow one plant shit guys you are so lucky I can't understand why you would be unhappy with that amount unless your after a huge profit in a little confused .

xavier7995

xavier7995

I'm just asking a question is 12 fully grown plants each grow enough to keep you going till your next crop of 12 shit I'd love to be legal to even grow one plant shit guys you are so lucky I can't understand why you would be unhappy with that amount unless your after a huge profit in a little confused .

I'm with this guy. 12 plants can put out quite a bit o ganja for personal use, real personal use that is. The one bit I wish was different would be clones, when cutting clones I take several times more than what I expect to use...would be nice to have that aspect excluded. Of course you should be able to grow as much as you want...but damn, if you have lived where it's still seriously illegal this is paradise.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Xavier hit the nail on the head. High plant counts help law-abiding patients remain compliant. With no increased plant count, and ignoring the recreational 'no limit' issue, as soon as I harvest one single plant I am over that two ounce limit. It's probably splitting hairs, but I would rather be legit, even if I'm in the database.

I know a patient who swears by juicing whole immature cannabis plants, which puts her very near her plant count, but nowhere near her weight limit, since her plants never get bigger than about a foot. I also know that high dose edibles require more plant material. With a 12 plant limit, that means longer veg, and fewer harvests per year, since the limits apply to mature plants (six), so perpetual growing would not be an option. I don't think these new regs were meant for patients like this person.

The issue comes when there is an arrest. The higher plant count patients have, the more difficult it becomes to prove personal use, even if there is no arrest, charge, or probably cause of trafficking or diversion etc. They are going after doctors now, and if anyone has tried to get an extended plant count lately, good luck getting the same next year without jumping through hoops. Sick patients will deal because they have to, I think each individual's risk profile will show them their path.

The problem I have is with selective enforcement and how they think they will monitor this crap. It seems like the 5ng/mL blood limit, no reasonable explanation other than the the usual 'black market' 'it's for the children'.

ubi

ubi

I'm with this guy. 12 plants can put out quite a bit o ganja for personal use, real personal use that is. The one bit I wish was different would be clones, when cutting clones I take several times more than what I expect to use...would be nice to have that aspect excluded. Of course you should be able to grow as much as you want...but damn, if you have lived where it's still seriously illegal this is paradise.
Because it's in our constitution to have extended plant counts and people with very debilitating diseases such as epilepsy and cancer amongst a host of the other diseases, deserve more. Also give them inch and they will take a mile. Places like stupid Florida says u can't grow for self. (In one of the most tropical states lol). So I will fight for my right. Hemp is now federally legal just depends on if your state has a program setup. How bout make weed licenses unlimited and only 500 dollars each like hemp license here in colorado, and truly form a Open market

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

1e od plants can yield some great numbers. But 12 indoor plants (even on a 9 week run x 5.8 harvests a yr) imo wouldn't yield as much 12x monster od run. Unless your in a warehouse with 20' ceilings, and a shit ton of de lights.

And being in a med legal state isn't all that. Cops still.arrest.for 420 even with cards, as the laws are so obscure and change all the time. No one really knows what's what. This is in michigan.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I hope it all works out and Australia hurrys up and get on board I grow illegally as do we all on Australia for over 30 years and hate it but I'll never stop I like a lot of people think it's our right to grow just like you can go buy a carton of beer and get pissed and the government take there tax from it . In the wise words of Peter Tosh "it's the healing force for the economy " .

M

mendel

If the law passes, it goes into effect jan 1 2018. Run hard and fast boys!

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

@bongzaway

• Coloradans can grow marijuana in their homes for personal use.
    • Up to six plants are allowed per Colorado resident over age 21, with as many as three plants flowering at one time.
    • Don’t forget that counties and municipalities can pass stricter laws. For example, Denver limits a home grow to 12 plants, even if there are three or more adults over age 21 in the residence.
    • The laws are different for medical marijuana users.
  • Marijuana plants must be kept in an enclosed, locked area that can’t be viewed openly. This means the plants can’t be outside.
    • At homes with residents under 21, any marijuana grow area must be enclosed and locked in a separate space that minors can’t access.
    • At homes without residents under 21, extra precautions must be taken to make sure any visiting youth don’t have access to marijuana plants.
  • Homegrown marijuana or marijuana products can’t be sold to anyone.
    • Only licensed grow establishments can sell marijuana products.

bongzaway

bongzaway

Yo LGG, I copy and pasted this right from the link you posted : "Marijuana plants must be kept in an enclosed, locked area that can’t be viewed openly. This means the plants can’t be outside."

NO OUTDOOR GROWS IN CO! hahahahaha this is fuckin nutzo bullshit.

@bongzaway

• Coloradans can grow marijuana in their homes for personal use.
    • Up to six plants are allowed per Colorado resident over age 21, with as many as three plants flowering at one time.
    • Don’t forget that counties and municipalities can pass stricter laws. For example, Denver limits a home grow to 12 plants, even if there are three or more adults over age 21 in the residence.
    • The laws are different for medical marijuana users.
  • Marijuana plants must be kept in an enclosed, locked area that can’t be viewed openly. This means the plants can’t be outside.
    • At homes with residents under 21, any marijuana grow area must be enclosed and locked in a separate space that minors can’t access.
    • At homes without residents under 21, extra precautions must be taken to make sure any visiting youth don’t have access to marijuana plants.
  • Homegrown marijuana or marijuana products can’t be sold to anyone.
    • Only licensed grow establishments can sell marijuana products.

iKharon

iKharon

My understanding was greenhouse grow was cool as long as it's secured and locked

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Yo LGG, I copy and pasted this right from the link you posted : "Marijuana plants must be kept in an enclosed, locked area that can’t be viewed openly. This means the plants can’t be outside."

NO OUTDOOR GROWS IN CO! hahahahaha this is fuckin nutzo bullshit.
You posted to correct you if you were wrong. You aren't/weren't, so I put the pertinent legislation in a related thread to keep the clutter down, and to confirm that you are indeed correct. That's why I replied in this thread.

'Marijuana plants must be kept in an enclosed, locked area that can’t be viewed openly. This means the plants can’t be outside.'

I think an attorney could go to town with the language they use, but most of the outdoor grows I know of would never been seen by anyone, let alone LEO or anyone else. I think 'viewed openly' is also open to interpretation, such as viewed openly from public property, not viewed from above with lino's drone army, but IANAL.

Would you agree that this isn't really much of an issue for most outdoor grows as they usually take steps to ensure some privacy? Most muni's around the metro already have a 'no OD rule', for example douglas county limits to 12 plants and completely prohibits outdoor plants. However, I am not certain, and I am not going to check, but does the actual legislation state 'This means the plants can't be outside', or is that the interpretation preferred by those enforcing the rules how they want? Doesn't this rule depend on what your interpretation of 'outside' is? Would 12 foot fences and heavy shade cloth constitute enclosed and locked?

Top Bottom