Critical Sensi Star Help

• Thread starter RacecarRandy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RacecarRandy

RacecarRandy

I have done this strain a few times and I am looking for any tips on increasing yield as I feel I have been getting a lot less than I should.
my setup.

grow flow ebb n grow setup
1000 wat hps with 8" raptor hood
temps between 65 and 75
light is air cooled and room ventilated and air conditioned when needed.
using gh 3 part with koolbloom, moab and calimagic.
using RO water
I am using the useless formula for my fert ratios.

I am vegging for 3-4 weeks.
I have 6 of the grow flow pots under a 1000 watt hps
I have been topping them a few times in veg and then when they are about a week away from the switch to 12/12 I clear out all of the lower growth. I put them in 12/12 and try to keep the tops level but dont really do any trimming once they are in 12/12. the footprint of the plants is 4x5'
I usually keep my ppm between 700-1000
I am getting about 370 grams from a 1000k light and this seems really really low.
the quality is amazing, the yield is just nowhere near what I was hoping for.
any suggestions as to what this strain likes? im thinking my problem lies in the pruning and training aspect.

iKharon

iKharon

I'd prune up everything that won't be in the light or not a main from your topping... it's all wasted energy that should be going into blowing up buds

RacecarRandy

RacecarRandy

how much would you prune? I would say that most of the fan leaves are blocking some part of a budsite somewhere. how much growth would you remove from the bottoms of the plants? the plants seem very bushy as opposed to growing tall buds they seem to want to grow many popcorn buds everywhere.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Leave at least 4 to 5 nodes on each cola from the top then strip the rest .

RacecarRandy

RacecarRandy

one drop, that looks similar to what I do when I take all of the lower growth off of mine. I usually only have about 6 growing tips per plant though. it looks like you have a lot more. do you do any more pruning once they start to flower? I normally do not other than pick off any growth that re-grows on the lower portion of the plant.
it just seems like my plants do get nearly as heavy as most others that I see and the largest buds on them are only 4 or 5" long.

Top Bottom