Critters in coco 🙈

• Thread starter Catnip85
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Catnip85

Catnip85

Hi peoples
new to this so I hope you can all help me as I’ve had mixed views on this..🙈😂
I’m doing some lovely MOAB x strawberry crusha and some wedding cakes which are in veg atm, but I’ve noticed something odd, the medium I’m using is coco coir and standard coco Have these little bugs in 😳 is this the coco or have they caught a bug?

now the plants aren’t really affected yet but I’m worried just in case, any advice and if so I’d be most grateful ✌️
im using canna range as well as moonshine and some ecothrive charge (every 4 weeks)

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Bumping to get you some other user inputs, I’ve not experienced what you have and won’t give ya any false hopes or advice. Many coco growers here so let’s see if we can get a few answers your way

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Either fungus gnats or root aphid but the movement is fast so I’m leaning towards gnats.
Easily taken care of via nematodes. , your local hydro store may have a pack of nematode parasitic beneficials to take care of that issue but I want others to chime in to confirm what I suspect

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

To be 100% sure try to grab / kill one and then scope it......40x should be plenty of magnification...then google it
Thats how i identified some springtails...FG flyers and larvae...

Catnip85

Catnip85

This is what I thought it might be spring tails but I had a response from fiyafarmer on instagram and he thinks it’s “hypoaspis miles“ which is apparently a good bug to have 🤷‍♂️ But I will have to most definitely Magnify it

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Yes there look like HM . OD .

Anthem

Anthem

Try to capture some of the flyers on yellow stick traps and look them up on google. Fungal Gnats can be a pain but Nematodes really help for me.

Catnip85

Catnip85

Try to capture some of the flyers on yellow stick traps and look them up on google. Fungal Gnats can be a pain but Nematodes really help for me.
Yeah I put the yellow strips on them and absolutely nothing hahah it’s mad because they look healthy 🤷‍♂️😂

Catnip85

Catnip85

It’s crazy like they jump etc I was originally thinking spring tails but nemos are a top option if all goes tits up

Top Bottom