Crooked Seedling (pic)

• Thread starter CheebaMonkey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CheebaMonkey

The stem is crooked but the leaves are reaching for the light and growing quickly. Should I just let it do it's thing or should I intervene in some way? I'm only growing 4 seedlings so I can't afford to discard the weak. This isn't Sparta.

http://img197.invalid.com/img197/6530/dsc00018h.jpg

J

Jafo

By chance is the seedling not directly under the light, as I've usually seen this kind of thing happen with plants at the edge of the grow, and they have leant to one side to try and catch as much light as possible.
I'd suggest removing the seed husk, as if they get left there they have a nasty tendency to go mouldy.
Apart from that, things look good to me.

B

blueleaf

its quite alright i think
expected to be much worse when i saw the title
I can't afford to discard the weak. This isn't Sparta.
you can put this near your plant
maybe he'll grow perfectionist
http://fc08.invalid.com/fs38/f/2008/343/4/2/Caution_this_is_Sparta_v2_by_R0adki11.jpg

P

pilot error

Looks as if it's leaning for light as Jafo stated. Just turn the pot every day to avoid that.

H

hybridmarijuana

Mine have done the same thing, i discovered there wasn't enough grow medium in my pots, the stem was to in the open, i added more to give more support to the stalk, now there growing perfect.

i dont think its cause there reaching for light because alot of my plants were the same distance away from the lightsource and only a couple ended up growing like this.

who knows.

S

saltr

I'd ensure there's enough medium and turn everyday. Otherwise, it's looking good!

A

audia4king

its normal could intervene with tooth pics and string but i wouldn't its natural

N

nvthis

We have a batch of deep chunk going and half the seedlings have bent under the weight of their large exaggerated leaves. They should be fine, just keep the light as close as you dare to avoid any unnecessary stretching.

R

rikjaardreal

you can be sure that seedling is ok ! it may even grow out to be one of your best ! listen to the advice given and you'll be fine dude! :icon_spin:

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
how close can t5 flouros go to seedlings?

Top Bottom