Crop Dusters Outdoor Grow 2017

• Thread starter Crop Duster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Crop Duster

Crop Duster

What's up Farmers!
I wanted to share my growing journey with you all this year. I am a beginner and welcome any suggestions, advice, and criticism that you can provide.

Grow details:

Strains - Gorilla OG, Platinum Girl Scout Cookies, Apricot Irene, & Alien OG
*note- these were gifted to me from a friend. So the genetics may or may not be actual. I hope so :)

Growing Medium - Foxfarm Ocean Forest soil planted in 5 gallon pots

Nutrients - Foxfarm Grow big & Tiger Bloom

Supplements - Mycorrhizae fungi, & Seaweed Extract

Water - Tap @ 250 ppm; PH adjusted 6.0-7.0

These plants were given to me as clones. They were all approx. 6 inches tall rooted in solo cups. Shortly after I received them I transplanted them into their current 5 gallon pots.
They have been outdoors since Cinco de Mayo. In June they began to flower, and currently they are Re-vegging.

Here are pics I took today.

This is all of them.
Crop dusters outdoor grow 2017

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Looking great! We still have 5-6 weeks before they should start flowering again outdoors, are you going to move them into larger containers soon?

Crop Duster

Crop Duster

Looking great! We still have 5-6 weeks before they should start flowering again outdoors, are you going to move them into larger containers soon?
I contemplated transplanting them, but decided to keep them in the 5 gallon pots. They are already filling out the space I have allocated for them. I basically have a 8x8x4 foot space and so my logic is keeping them in the 5 gallon pots to keep them from over growing the spot. Just going to see how it pans out. Hope for the best.

Crop Duster

Crop Duster

Hi. Here in socal as well and have revegging gorilla glue#4 in soil in 20 gal pots. Is it too late to transplant. What are the pots and cons?

Thanks
It's not too late at all we have about 3 months to go. I'm sticking to my 5 gallon pots. I don't mind them staying the size they are, but for me it's just watering every day rather than every few days if they were in bigger pots like yours.

Crop Duster

Crop Duster

Last night during my daily inspection. I noticed that my PGSC is showing symptoms. Leaf tips are discolored, curling and brittle. My Alien OG had some weird white spots with dark rings around them.

Check them out:

This is the Platinum Girl Scout Cookies with the discolored tips.
Symptom diagnosis 2

Here is the Alien OG with the mysterious white spots with dark rings.
20170701 100457 2

What do you guys think about this phenomenon? Ever seen this in your experience?

Today I decided to do some analysis. My plan was to essentially flush the medium. And in the process record some data to better understand what the problem is. And determine how I am going to fix it.

I gave each plant 1 gallon of distilled water and measured the PH & PPM of the output drain water.
The distilled water input was measured to be 7 PH/ 20 ppm

Here are my results:
(PGSC)
Input: 1 gal. Distilled water - PH 7.0/20 PPM
Output: 3/8 cup sample - PH 6.0/ 1350 PPM

(Apricot Irene)
Output: 3/8 cup sample - PH 6.0/ 775 PPM

(Alien OG)
Output: 3/8 cup sample -PH 6.0/ 800 PPM

(Gorilla OG)
Output: 3/8 cup sample - PH 5.9/ 400 PPM

My conclusion is that the PH is consistently low. So the first order of business will be to balance the PH so that the run-off comes out closer to 6.5PH
As well continue to flush the plants with high ppm and observe their health and adjust accordingly.

B

Burned Haze

^ I think you got it for the ph flushing with pure corrected water , plus the heat will be a additional negative ( def matters on humity level )

Crop Duster

Crop Duster

^ I think you got it for the ph flushing with pure corrected water , plus the heat will be a additional negative ( def matters on humity level )

When you mentioned humidity, the light bulb went on. I remembered that I just added to 6 inch clip on fans. And they are blowing directly on them. Which could cause the leaves to dry out. I turned the fans off for now, and later when I go out to the grow I am going to re orient the direction of the fans so that they circulate the air without blowing directly on any of the plants. That should help.

Crop Duster

Crop Duster

Its been a month, time for an update!
The girls are all flowering.
My grow space is almost completely over grown.
20170805 090114

My Alien OG has been flowering for about 3 weeks.
Alien OG

Gorilla OG - 2 weeks
Gorilla OG

Apricot Irene & Platinum Girl Scout Cookies @ 1 week<
Apricot Irene

Apricot Irene: Above
Platinum Girl Scout Cookie

Platinum Girl Scout Cookies: Above

Top Bottom