Cropping advice

• Thread starter Yoda
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Yoda

Yoda

i have a baby in the back yard that i didnt have much hope for..... i had been getting millions of seeds in the nuggets i had been getting... i took twenty in the back yard right behind my garage and placed them in a hole... i gave them some water and let them be.... days later (unsure how many could have been 2 weeks) i walk behind the garage and sure enough there was 2 sprouts... one turned out to be a male so i ripped him.... but i do have a beautiful lady growing out there now... i "topped" as the locals here call it a week or so ago... should i crop more? is she terrible? what should i do would reallllllllly love some advice! i have grown 2 previous plant but not successful... reallly will be happy is she produces anything... but would love to see her explode.. will post pictures tomorrow

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
We will look for your pix, then. How you handle canopy control is often determined by several factors, but it's not an absolute must, especially when working with seed starts as they're pretty vigorous if left alone.

Yoda

Yoda

i just clipped off the new growth 2 days ago and she doubled new growth by today... i am kind of impressed with her ability to make it .. she gets mostly shady all day.. she is only waste high... no pre flowers yet??? is everything still on schedule or am i gonna fail at this crude attempt also?

IMG 0882
IMG 1483
IMG 8607
IMG 9833
Bannacis

Bannacis

You'll do fine, have patients. not sure where your located, but from where im at flowering should start in about a week, you can expect her to stretch some when that happens.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
yeah...your fine, now leave her alone....no sex parts yet?

Bannacis

Bannacis

Yep ur fine, Let em be cause you don't want to slow em down. considering she be small. you can give her some Nitrogen up to a couple weeks into flower, then drop the N and feed the ole Bloom formula. since your outdoors she can handle a good feed. Don't cut anything, your outdoors the sun will penetrate deep, you want as much growth as possible for best harvest.

Oregon Panda...why you tell him to cut her up? there's not that much as in crowding in foliage.... all that on her can be potential bud. maybe indoors but she be doing fine as is. Maybe if she was bigger...just wondering?

keep us posted.

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

I told em not to cut. lol

I never trim anything except to make clones, when I do I take any small stuff that may be inside. If I dont wanna take that, then I take lower branches. I never take anything off the top, but I might if I was inside. Situation dependent.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
This is a bad pic of what I mean by shaving arm pits
Armpitsshaved

did that with my fingers...lol still needs a little more work

Of Course, It always depends on the strain.
But most Indicas need some pruning on the insides
Look at this Bubba Kush...it needs to be pruned (and cleaned up)more on the insides
Unpurnedbubbainside

^^See, I missed those little branches last time^^

Same plant below
Unprunedbuba

I have discovered the more I trim the bubba kush...the bigger they get! :)
I dont need all that inside larf!

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

Hash, oil, and butter man. I like the larf.

When I take a top cola, I let everything else keep growing. I just gently squeeze the bud until its not full and dense, cut there and give it a couple weeks and it fills right in. It makes trimming an endless task, to walk out into the garden and still have all the plants there after a month of trimming is nuts. Worth it though.

Give it a try.

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

This is a bad pic of what I mean by shaving arm pits

did that with my fingers...lol still needs a little more work

Of Course, It always depends on the strain.
But most Indicas need some pruning on the insides
Look at this Bubba Kush...it needs to be pruned (and cleaned up)more on the insides

^^See, I missed those little branches last time^^

Same plant below

I have discovered the more I trim the bubba kush...the bigger they get! :)
I dont need all that inside larf!

So .... trim em you are saying? (I am in the middle of a BK grow)
Larf being the little shit that never really matures in time ? and by trimming this ... energy is then spent elsewhere?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Hash, oil, and butter man. I like the larf.

When I take a top cola, I let everything else keep growing. I just gently squeeze the bud until its not full and dense, cut there and give it a couple weeks and it fills right in. It makes trimming an endless task, to walk out into the garden and still have all the plants there after a month of trimming is nuts. Worth it though.

Give it a try.

Honestly...I have done that tons of times!

...I Had to...because I didnt prune well enough..lol :)

But I agree with your method..pick em when they are ripe! ;)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
So .... trim em you are saying? (I am in the middle of a BK grow)
Larf being the little shit that never really matures in time ? and by trimming this ... energy is then spent elsewhere?

Yep.. :)

Yoda

Yoda

Yep ur fine, Let em be cause you don't want to slow em down. considering she be small. you can give her some Nitrogen up to a couple weeks into flower, then drop the N and feed the ole Bloom formula. since your outdoors she can handle a good feed. Don't cut anything, your outdoors the sun will penetrate deep, you want as much growth as possible for best harvest.

Oregon Panda...why you tell him to cut her up? there's not that much as in crowding in foliage.... all that on her can be potential bud. maybe indoors but she be doing fine as is. Maybe if she was bigger...just wondering?

keep us posted.

so this ole bloom formula you speak of... care to share??? i am very new at this

Top Bottom