Cropsteering In-depth daily journal using TrolMaster

• Thread starter jb420710
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
yeah, hittin em hard early on. How long are you planning on vegging these before you flower?

Reactions: PK1
jb420710

jb420710

That’s a really good question. To be honest I don’t know just yet. My room isn’t even halfway complete yet. Once I got my Ac / dehumidifier, the rest of my lights , my irrigation and my trol master set up. I will be able to think about that but for now I’m trying to get them big as possible so when I’m ready to flower I can fill the room and ready to be reloaded and flipped when they’re done

harmonics

harmonics

Harmonics
Supporter
I like your approach! I’m a longtime Rockwool grower, totally new to crop steering but I just started using an Aqua-x this cycle

You should have a lot more growth by now, let’s figure out what’s slowing things down a bit.

Why are you defoliating so heavily?
How do the roots look at the bottom of the cubes?
I have a feeling you may be overwatering a bit and not letting the roots establish throughout the cube.

@Dirtbag if you don’t mind me asking, what do you think?

DB45BFFB 7FC4 40B6 9B52 F567FBC6B076

harmonics

harmonics

Harmonics
Supporter
I just topped and stripped all the seedlings in the 6in cubes yesterday, but here’s how everything’s looking! I got my hydro x pro yesterday and the irrigation system should be here next week.
@jb420710 What is your current watering schedule?
If it’s flood and drain how often and what PH & ppm?

jb420710

jb420710

I didn’t even have a thermometer in my room when these were growing. my environment was terrible and I’ve been abusing em a lot. Not to mention at the begging of there life they were getting way to much light. Don’t have an Ac or dehumidifier , or humidifier yet.. when I plugged in my trol master it was 89 degrees and 39% humidity

harmonics

harmonics

Harmonics
Supporter
And I’ve been hand watering them when ever They feel dry Athena pro line 2.7-3.0 ec 5.6-5.8 ph
Lower your EC significantly, I had a feeling something was up from the algae building up faster than the plants grow.

Wait for @Dirtbag or someone else with more experience than me to confirm, but;
You likely have a lot of unused salts built up in your Rockwool and will need to flush them out well with just PH’d water, then feed a very light feeding around 0.6-0.8

I would personally feed them in the 0.8-1.0 EC range for plants that small until they are more established (1-2 weeks) then gradually raise the EC and monitor the runoff.
Slowly build up to the 1.4-1.6 range but that should be the most the plants can eat for a lot of the cycle, don’t hit close those numbers until there is vigorous growth.

Ph around 5.8-6.0 might be a better range

Stop taking leaves off or topping as well for 2 weeks, it will only stress out the plants and further slow down growth.

Best of luck! It sounds like you’re on the right track, especially with your room still coming together

Last edited:
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Lower your EC significantly, I had a feeling something was up from the algae building up faster than the plants grow.

Wait for @Dirtbag or someone else with more experience than me to confirm, but;
You likely have a lot of unused salts built up in your Rockwool and will need to flush them out well with just PH’d water, then feed a very light feeding around 0.6-0.8

I would personally feed them in the 0.8-1.0 EC range for plants that small until they are more established (1-2 weeks) then gradually raise the EC and monitor the runoff.
Slowly build up to the 1.4-1.6 range but that should be the most the plants can eat for a lot of the cycle, don’t hit close those numbers until there is vigorous growth.

Ph around 5.8-6.0 might be a better range

Stop taking leaves off or topping as well for 2 weeks, it will only stress out the plants and further slow down growth.
^ this. Although, with the flush, don't use straight pHed water. Always flush with a mild nutrient solution, 0.2 - 0.3 EC. Hitting them with straight water will cause further issues, especially with such a drastic shift from 3.0 EC to 0.1 or less. Once the runoff is equal to input, then you can feed again, and certainly not at the levels you are currently. That's WAY too hot. Hell, I'm on day 20 of flower with incredibly rapid growth and am barely at 1.8 EC and have no intentions of going higher. The plants are healthy as can be and vigorous as all get out.

harmonics

harmonics

Harmonics
Supporter
^ this. Although, with the flush, don't use straight pHed water. Always flush with a mild nutrient solution, 0.2 - 0.3 EC. Hitting them with straight water will cause further issues, especially with such a drastic shift from 3.0 EC to 0.1 or less. Once the runoff is equal to input, then you can feed again, and certainly not at the levels you are currently. That's WAY too hot. Hell, I'm on day 20 of flower with incredibly rapid growth and am barely at 1.8 EC and have no intentions of going higher. The plants are healthy as can be and vigorous as all get out.
Great point! I agree with @tobh

harmonics

harmonics

Harmonics
Supporter

Here’s a visual reference of tobh plants that are thriving at 1.8 EC

Reactions: PK1
jb420710

jb420710

I’m not going to flush or change my ec yet. I now have equipment to monitor my environment, and to get my lights at the right height. My irrigation system and moisture content meter will be here soon, I’m in no rush, I’m fine with how there growing considering how terrible my environment was. My room ain’t even fully built yet. Once I fix all those problems and still having issues I’ll try that.

Anthem

Anthem

I’m not going to flush or change my ec yet. I now have equipment to monitor my environment, and to get my lights at the right height. My irrigation system and moisture content meter will be here soon, I’m in no rush, I’m fine with how there growing considering how terrible my environment was. My room ain’t even fully built yet. Once I fix all those problems and still having issues I’ll try that.
What are you running for humidity?

Elroyyboy

Elroyyboy

I’m not a RW grower but have done some reading about crop steering in coco DTW. Flora flex has some excellent info on their website. Also a user named “ganjineering” is doing a week by week of his RW steering on YouTube.
Hope this helps.

Top Bottom