Cross Country Clones And Seedlings

• Thread starter 3N1GM4
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Turns out I am moving halfway across the country right in the middle of flower...
I wish it were possible to take them all but I cant see carrying two skunky plants into a hotel room to keep them from freezing...
I can cut my losses with the ones in flower but I have some seeds sprouted and some cuts that I do not want to lose.
Has anyone ever had to move cross country with clones or even bigger plants?

What is the best way to package seedlings in solo cups and clones in one gallon pots to keep them from tipping in shipping?

Last edited:
lemons

lemons

Had buddy drive a pretty hefty plant 3 hours buckled in the front seat with a sheet over it. Bout that life.

Your drive is about ten times that so I'm not sure but best of luck. You could always over night fresh cuts to your new locale. There are always friends to be found who could care for a cut in the meantime too and get one back to you once you're settled in.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I had a pal who had some monsters talking like 3 foot bushes he had 6 and he threw em in a moving van and boxed em up and drove. Super sketch but they made it. I second shipping cuts

lemons

lemons

I have never overnighted a plant, is it pretty safe?

I have never tried but I'm sure if you ask more established people in the community they could offer some insight. I'd say a plastic bag with a couple sprays of clean water would get it there it would just need to be put into a cloned or something immediately. Hypothetically speaking :-p

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

You can do it!
Go get a power converter.
http://www.amazon.com/ENERGIZER-Inverter-converts-battery-compatible/dp/B00APL7872
You can run a inline fan/Carbon filter combo to hide smell.
Very some CFL lights and rig something up.
Get some boxes and put plants inside with the CFL.
Match the CFL lighting with your flower room timing or whatever your room is set to.
Having another large car or RV battery will run the whole trip.
This does work as I have done this 4 times in the past 3 years.
This method is used by renting a uhaul and driving it.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

I was thinking more along the lines of led tap lights or drop lights taped to the inside of a garment box. Only problem is that they are motaro blue plants and really skunky, bringing them into a motel room would reek it up for sure.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Good luck on the stinky flowering plants. I would plan your nights stay with which ever state has the leanest laws towards mj. I would just kill them, or be ready to deal with hell!

cannabeans

cannabeans

I really guess it depends on what states your driving through... That would be my decision factor.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

I will probably just give the mature plants to a friend and hope they split the harvest if I can get back out this way in a few months, its a two day drive so I dont want to risk driving across multiple non legal states with mature stinky plants. It really sucks, my third try at growing and still havent been able to take a plant through till it was done...
Maybe next time...

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Ended up just giving them all away, I still have some auto sprouts I will probably just have to kull because they are just too small and in too big of pots to transport and I cant find anyone that wants them. Wish I would have just sprouted the autos in solo cups now, at least I could have tried to keep them.:cry:

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

Turns out I am moving halfway across the country right in the middle of flower...
I wish it were possible to take them all but I cant see carrying two skunky plants into a hotel room to keep them from freezing...
I can cut my losses with the ones in flower but I have some seeds sprouted and some cuts that I do not want to lose.
Has anyone ever had to move cross country with clones or even bigger plants?

What is the best way to package seedlings in solo cups and clones in one gallon pots to keep them from tipping in shipping?
CSU0001

Top Bottom