Crossing Lemonade Kush

• Thread starter ent
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

ent

The strain is called lemonade kush and the make-up is Swerves OG Kush x Jacks Cleaner x OG Kush Bx1. The description I was given regarding this cross is; "awesome ultra strong lemonhead candy taste and super strong lemon rind smell, potent, frosty sticky sick looking buds, smelling the buds in the jar will make your mouth water, yields above average, has the OG kush flower and growth formation just a bit more bulkier and more solid - as a favor to the private breeder please do not commercialize them". I had forgotten about the description, and I went to rub the branches and smell my fingers and I was instantly brought back to my childhood, chasing down the ice cream man and getting a pack of lemon heads. The candy lemonhead smell is very distinct.

I have selectively pollenated a couple branches on a bunch of females. I popped 6 beans of the Lemonade Kush and kept one male and two distinct female phenos. Today is day 21.

I used the pollen from the male to cross it against:

lemonade kush pheno #1
lemonade kush pheno #3
blue dream
grape ape
cecilc's green crack
kens gdp
kromes the white
shmoes casey jones
apes big kush
swerves Chemdog #4

i used the JLP male isolation chamber to collect pollen.

secret_kush_2_male-1_resized1.JPG

secret_kush_2_male-2_resized1.JPG

secret_kush_2_male-6_resized.JPG

here are some shots of the male used:

secret_kush_2_male-11_resized1.JPG

secret_kush_2_male-13_resized.JPG

IMG_8258_cropped.JPG

here is the first group shot of the shorter females used. left to right:

grape ape
kromes the white
joeshmoes casey jones
swerves Chemdog #4
kens gdp
green crack

IMG_8499_resized.JPG

here is a group shot of the stretchers. from left to right:

lemonade kush pheno #1
lemonade kush pheno #3
ape's big kush
blue dream

IMG_8500_resized.JPG

here is the lemonade kush female pheno #1:

IMG_8265_LK1_resized.JPG

IMG_8268_LK1_resized.JPG

IMG_8269_LK1_resized.JPG

IMG_8272_LK1_resized.JPG

here is the lemonade kush female pheno #3:

IMG_8275_resized.JPG

IMG_8276_resized.JPG

IMG_8279_resized.JPG

IMG_8282_resized.JPG

i let the pollen sit for a day or two then stored it in the refrigerator for about 4 days. i pulled it out today, mixed in some flour and painted some selected branches.

IMG_8531_resized.JPG

Hopefully the pollen was still viable.
Hopefully I didn't dilute it too much with flour.
Hopefully I correctly did this and didn't contaminate the WHOLE grow with pollen.
Hopefully this JLP isolation chamber with filtrete filter did its job.
Hopefully I get a decent amount of mature beans.
Hopefully this lemonade kush turns out to be fire!

This is my trial run. I have some alien kush F2's going and I'm crossing my finger for a good alien pheno male. I'll likely cross it against any alien kush females for F3's and against most of these strains in the next cycle. Wish me luck.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
very organized looks like you did a great job. dont forget to tie a string around the branches you pollinated as it can be hard to find the buds with the beans in them after sometimes. If you dont remember right now just wait a few days to a week you will see the seeds form and you can tie the stings then. If you did tie them disregard this post

all those crosses sound great bro

S

SkyHi

Ent seed co, I'll take one of each please. You got some sick shit crackin goodluck

waayne

waayne

Bet you find some killer phenos!Really nice job.
Your Lemonade Kush sounds awesome!
Good luck growing out the crosses,should be very interesting!

E

ent

thanks everybody for the kind words.

very organized looks like you did a great job. dont forget to tie a string around the branches you pollinated as it can be hard to find the buds with the beans in them after sometimes. If you dont remember right now just wait a few days to a week you will see the seeds form and you can tie the stings then.

yah i got a couple zip ties on the selected branches. you may be able to see them in the photo with the trash bags over the rest of the plant.

true grit

true grit

Wow that sounds freakin stellar and those crosses sound killer too!!! Very nice bro, I'll be watching and learning for sure!

winta

winta

wow seems like u got some fire over there my dude! :confused0054:

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Thats my man right there!! Can't wait to see how all this turned out. The White and Case will give crazy result i can feel it already. Good luck bro...Im subscribing!

H

HannaMan

Hey, I got beans with the same description. Thanks for sharing! Germing them tonight.

E

ent

day 28

pregnant ladies all around. i snapped some pics of the accessible ladies.

casey jones:

casey1_resized.JPG

casey2_resized.JPG

Chemdog #4:

chem4-1_resized.JPG

GDP:

gdp1_resized.JPG

gdp2_resized.JPG

gdp3_resized.JPG

green crack

greencrack1_resized.JPG

greencrack2_resized.JPG

E

ent

Fruits of my labor are starting to pay off.

http://invalid.com/Il8Uw.jpg

Ended up with over 200 green crack seeds from what would have amounted to less than 3 grams of dried buds.

Here's the mom- hanging upside down but i rotated the pic.

http://invalid.com/u9bZM.jpg

Next is Grape Ape and GDP.

Grape Ape mom:

http://invalid.com/nb8wE.jpg

Grape Ape and GDP pregnant nugs:

http://invalid.com/kxb8I.jpg

Followed by Blue Dream, The White, Chemdog #4 and Shmoes Casey.

true grit

true grit

Outstanding bro, nugs look great!! Congrats on you rewards for the hard work!!....one of these days I will make seeds (on purpose)....one of these days... hehe.

Sounds like you are gonna have some kill smoke to pick though the next generation!!

E

ent

Oh regarding pheno #1 and pheno #3 of lemonade kush- It became apparent at about week 6 that they were going to want to go 14+ weeks and just totally destroy and semblance of a cycle I had going. As a result, i threw them outdoors at week 6. It has been about 3 weeks since i threw them outdoors. Pheno #1 is hay- imo based on looks alone. Pheno #3 looks like it is going to be a good female. Kinda wish i kept her indoors. She's just starting to show trichs (week 9) and the top is starting to resemble a flower as it is just starting to show pistils. I got what i wanted- and that was some pollen and some crosses. Not sure if they will produce F2 seeds as i pollinated them on day 21, which was waay too early for them - and most of my sativas for that matter. But i'm keeping my eye out.

The next batch is getting ready to go into bloom. I have an Alien Kush F2 male that i'll use for selective pollinating this time around. New females include 5K OG, sour diesel, pre98 bubba, blackberry kush, jack the ripper and strawberry cough.

E

ent

Outstanding bro, nugs look great!! Congrats on you rewards for the hard work!!....one of these days I will make seeds (on purpose)....one of these days... hehe.

Sounds like you are gonna have some kill smoke to pick though the next generation!!

thanks much gritty. you know, i have a good bad habit- or a bad good habit... i keep crossing stuff, keep collecting beans, but i never pop them. i dunno what it is. the genetics in so cal is just so plentiful it is like I'm saving all these beans for a rainy day.

H

HannaMan

lol wow ENT, keep up the great work. That GC momma looks beautiful..

L

letmeout

All those crosses sound sick bro especially the casey and the aliendawg crosses.Keep up the good work.

true grit

true grit

thanks much gritty. you know, i have a good bad habit- or a bad good habit... i keep crossing stuff, keep collecting beans, but i never pop them. i dunno what it is. the genetics in so cal is just so plentiful it is like I'm saving all these beans for a rainy day.

Lol, sounds like you are more than set for the rainy day!! Pop a few and keep us posted!

winta

winta

congrats my dude! that mom looks bomb as shit i know that cross is gonna be fire!

Top Bottom