Crown Royale Issues!!

• Thread starter Master Nate
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Master Nate

Master Nate

Hello everyone,

I’m having some difficulty on my fifth plant. It’s a Crown Royale clone from a friend and Ive had issues with her for awhile. It started when she was a few weeks into vegetative stage, with some spotting on lower/older growth curling up and falling off. At that time she was under a 400w MH, but I have since moved her to the 4x4 under the 1000w MH.

She has only gotten worse, exhibiting both symptoms of over watering and under at times. I have already done a flush, the runoff from 6.0 pH water is coming out at 5.9. Soil slurry test was exactly at 6.5. I let her go almost dry to see if overwatering was the issue, since the upper leaves display the characteristic fat look, that 3-D look you can see from the photos, and she only got worse. When I finally watered her, the top leaves seemed to perk back up, but the lower leaves stayed flaccid. She can’t seem to sort out :/

Shes stumped me and I’m not quite sure what I have going on here, if anybody would more experience could lend some information I’d be much appreciated to have. Thank you!

Medium: Soil, FFoF amended w/Azomite, Extra Perlite, coco
Strain: Crop King Crown Royale, photo
Light: 1000w MH/HPS
Pot size- 7 gallon root pouch

Nutes- Earth Juice (started 4 weeks after to use soil nutrients up first) then switched to General Organics in an attempt to fix what I thought at first was a Phosphorus deficiency.

Temp: 74/72 (on/off)
Humidity: 55%

6” exhaust with intake bringing fresh outside air inside the tent.

Pics are dated right before moving to 1000w, until this morning after yesterday’s watering (last pic).
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

Crown royale issues
Crown royale issues 2
Crown royale issues 3
Crown royale issues 4
Crown royale issues 5
Crown royale issues 6
Crown royale issues 7
TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Dim the 1000 w if possible.
Whats the distance from canopy to light?
I like cropking seeds from what ive run.
I think too intense of a light for veg

4plant

4plant

Do you know what ec your running in and is coming out. Depending on your volume of runoff you could be building up toxic salt levels. In fabric pots water can be evaporated more quickly through the sides leaving extra minerals behind as well.

Master Nate

Master Nate

Dim the 1000 w if possible.
Whats the distance from canopy to light?
I like cropking seeds from what ive run.
I think too intense of a light for veg

It’s a good 2-3 feet away, it’s about 90k lux which is more than ample light, but temps are stable. Shouldn’t be too much light if the temps are down, and it’s not dimmable :/. I am thinking about putting it back on the 400w though, why not at this stage

Master Nate

Master Nate

Do you know what ec your running in and is coming out. Depending on your volume of runoff you could be building up toxic salt levels. In fabric pots water can be evaporated more quickly through the sides leaving extra minerals behind as well.

I’m actually in the process of getting a decent TDS meter, as my cheap wine kicked out on me. She got a good flush last week but is still looking ishy. Never had to mess w EC before in the grows as I usually just run amended soil or pro mix w/ “organic” bottled products.

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

I’m actually in the process of getting a decent TDS meter, as my cheap wine kicked out on me. She got a good flush last week but is still looking ishy. Never had to mess w EC before in the grows as I usually just run amended soil or pro mix w/ “organic” bottled products.
Ph?

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Damn Nate! She had some potential! She looks so sad now though. I think with the advice of some good fellas around here she will come round. I'm tuned in to see how she rolls

Master Nate

Master Nate

Damn Nate! She had some potential! She looks so sad now though. I think with the advice of some good fellas around here she will come round. I'm tuned in to see how she rolls
I know right?! Thanks bud, I’ll get her to the finish line and focus on the next babies! Here they are, cheers bud!

FFBF9CAC AA69 4EAF A0CA F595A98F0F24
A1FEF283 7605 4183 8531 E2D9483A9244
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Have you tried. Feeding. It potassium silicate?
It helps strengthen and recover .
Worth a shot.
Everything you’ve done is correct so maybe a genetic flaw? I mean it’s a damn good strain
Sometimes all you do seems futile on certain plants.
But but I suspect she is locking out. . Now you can remove her from pot, remove all soil, wash the root ball and repot and reveg, new soil, get bio live amendments , has all the fungi macro and micro Plus it’s very gentle :
Worth trying a few things but take some cuts and clone a few backups before you do too much

Bio live stuff I use commercially
https://www.downtoearthfertilizer.com/products/blended_fertilizer/bio-live-5-4-2/

Last edited:
Master Nate

Master Nate

Worth a shot.
Everything you’ve done is correct so maybe a genetic flaw? I mean it’s a damn good strain
But but I suspect she is locking out. . Now you can remove her from pot, remove all soil, wash the root ball and repot and reveg, new soil, get bio live amendments , has all the fungi macro and micro Plus it’s very gentle :
Worth trying a few things but take some cuts and clone a few backups before you do too much

https://www.downtoearthfertilizer.com/products/blended_fertilizer/bio-live-5-4-2/

Right on, I just pulled her from her 7 gallon root pouch and looked at the roots, nothing looked weird so I put her in a new solid pot (w/drainage). I’ve let her dry out for almost a week now, and the soil around the root ball is dry yet there seems to be moisture right in the middle of the pot, so I don’t know if somehow the soil got compacted ride in the middle (I’ve always added extra aeration) but she def gets worse without water so I guess I’ll go back to watering more consistently. It just weirds me out the leaves look fat on top like they’ve been overwatered, even when the soil is dry. I guess I’m going to try the little bit of hydrogen peroxide next watering or some Root Rescue (mycos) w/ maybe superthrive to alleviate stress. I did take a clone at your suggestion but if this doesn’t work then I’ll chalk it up to bad genetics or just a lemon :/. I’ve got 5 Purple Kush babies coming up fast so I can’t dick with her much longer. I’ll try the repot before I water and hope she’s sorted early in flower. Appreciate the feedback, I’ll get back with results!

Master Nate

Master Nate

Worth a shot.

I haven’t tried silica past her early months as I was scrogging her and the silica tends to firm up the branches too much for bending. Should I use it now and forget the scrog?

Master Nate

Master Nate

This was her this morning after about a week of not watering to dry her out. Depressing much? Lol

47FF5E77 E9AC 4694 97CD A0CF43474268
5E7DA466 7242 4C9F 97F9 638B72B628EF
Master Nate

Master Nate

I dont know what to say. Ouch!!

So I ruled out overwatering and watered her last night and woke up to this! I guess she’s had chronic underwatering somehow, being that perked up after a watering. Rookie mistake! So embarrassing after a year of growing lol

6E262333 5D7C 426D B585 45D3716BA28E
58CD3C7D F80E 43CE 9D1B E6C87C7E14E5
2C20CAFC 69D1 44F2 8280 0B9FE52FA212
Last edited:
Top Bottom