Cs Late Driving Anyone Elses Ph Down?

• Thread starter slimjimham
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
All4freedumb

All4freedumb

A hot top off feed vs a h2o top off feed? I think a hot top off is the way once you know your girls and what they like. To me this is the way to really rock the UC system. Although when giving advice on the Web or to someone new I stick with safe advice like running top of with ro and adding back when ec drops. When you know your strain and what it likes in the UC I see no reason not to just push them with a constant hot feed...

DapperDon

DapperDon

Seriously though, when you say that "when you get to know your girls" or "getting it dialed in" and other go to buzzwords for a not so great harvest, what that implies is that the grower is running the same strains run after run right? So how many growers (especially the small personal grower that isn't running multiple systems) how realistic is it that they will be using the same strains like to be able to "dial it in"? I like variety and I also mono crop so that I am not fighting the fight of multiple strains in the same system. But I also have a decent selection of genetics, and if one is not a performer I don't bother repeating it. I think there should be a larger discussion on "top/hot feeding" as it leaves a lot up for interpretation and guesswork is very fatal in the UC.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Seriously though, when you say that "when you get to know your girls" or "getting it dialed in" and other go to buzzwords for a not so great harvest, what that implies is that the grower is running the same strains run after run right? So how many growers (especially the small personal grower that isn't running multiple systems) how realistic is it that they will be using the same strains like to be able to "dial it in"? I like variety and I also mono crop so that I am not fighting the fight of multiple strains in the same system. But I also have a decent selection of genetics, and if one is not a performer I don't bother repeating it. I think there should be a larger discussion on "top/hot feeding" as it leaves a lot up for interpretation and guesswork is very fatal in the UC.

Each plant is different just like each idea or decision. Yes I run the same strain a few times. She won't even make it in one of my rooms if I haven't done a proper background check of her and her tendencies. With that said if I have a run that I am not happy with where do I look? The starain? I hope not otherwise I didn't do my due diligence. Granted, I have ran some pretty good size ops and I would never run a strain in a large room without knowing what she will do but even in my smaller rooms or test rooms I have an idea of what to expect. As for others, if you have no real idea of what to expect and or like to run a different strain each run then I would stay on the softer side of things as my past post states. I usually only give advise on the Web as if the reader has no idea what they are doing. So for me to post that I run a hot top off, which I do, and advise the same could do more harm than good. If i say run a h2o top off and read your girls ec and adjust with top offs of a&b there is a better chance for success for the average reader. Imho in the UC if you keep it simple you can still pull a harvest that matches most others grow methods BUT if you push, tweak or play too much before knowing your strain or system then I think almost any other grow method is a better one. If I ran different stains each run and was as comfortable as I am in the UC I would run my top off at half ec value as my UC with no additives in the top of other than A&b. Is that a better response for you. Sorry I am not well versed in cyber communication and I'm sure I over talk in some places and leave much out, thinking your in my head, at other times. The computer is not a gift of mine...

DapperDon

DapperDon

I still appreciate it all the same. Thanks. I am still rather new to learning the nute/feeding part. The building/engineering part I have down to a science and can do it blindfolded. The feeding game is the direction I am heading towards now. I have no bad habits to break so it is all downhill for me.

F

FooDoo

I'm not following you. What is a cornbread grow? And what benefit is there to feeding from the rez that feeds the Epi? I don't get why everyone growing in UC makes this harder than what it needs to be.

Cornbread is Ricky's Triangle Kush x nspectas bubba.

The benefit of having a hot rez would be that you don't really have to check TDs/ph religiously in the epi/system.

Right now I monitor how much my tds drops, and if pH is stable or climbing. Stable means all good, climbing means time to add back and bump TDs thru epi.

With a hot rez, TDs shouldn't really be dropping if you get it dialed in. PH will also not raise if dialed in. Basically youre a time traveler.

You estimate to your best ability what your plants will need top off wise two weeks from now, and instead of waiting, you dump that into rez.

As system drinks and eats, you're getting your add back automatically

Does that make slightly better sense?

F

FooDoo

Yea. I'm guessing the theory behind this is

"I know I'll have to add back in 4 days, why not just take that add back, throw it in the rez, let it slowly add itself back to the epi over 4 days "

In theory, its making uc life easier. But that's theory lol we'll see if real world results want to play nice

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

CC does recommend a hot top off and to balance your system with your feed for best results. It was the way I learned in the UC a few years ago. It really does add an umph to an already rockin system..

F

FooDoo

CC does recommend a hot top off and to balance your system with your feed for best results. It was the way I learned in the UC a few years ago. It really does add an umph to an already rockin system..

"Cc recommends" is a sure fire way to have everything said after that be disregarded . lol

Although I do agree with you and that is why I want to try it.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Well to be honest it was just a dick pun towards you cause I've read your love for them... ;) I do like your nute profiling I must say.. I hope you continue to share what you learn.

F

FooDoo

Well to be honest it was just a dick pun towards you cause I've read your love for them... ;) I do like your nute profiling I must say.. I hope you continue to share what you learn.

Lol, na. Unless I say "be a sheep. Don't think for yourself. Single file line. Read the labels. Follow the labels . don't ask questions " then no one in this sub forum listens. I go elsewhere for intellectual stimulation.

I did however come up with 2 high calcium high p formulas. 2 high calcium low p formulas. 2 low calcium high p formulas. 2 low calcium low p profiles.

Top Bottom