CS vs HG

• Thread starter QuarterbackMo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Anybody with some experience with both care to share your opinion? Im staring at these CS bottles thinking about rolling the dice on them....

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

CS was cool.. very watered down though.. I used twice as much of everything, no joke.. Clean run with stellar results though.... Just too soft for my blood...

FlyingSkull

FlyingSkull

Did not like CS nutrients for several reasons. One already mentioned is the fact that it is watered down.

To me there is NOTHING "cool" at all about watered down nutrients. I really thought CS nutrients was going to be something "different" or special but it turns out to be nothing special about it at all. It also is claimed to be made especially for DWC or RDWC which is nonsense. Anyhow back to using Heavy 16 or House & Garden or one of the many other nutrients that are MUCH better than the CS nutrients. What a HUGE let down! NOTHING "special" here for sure.

Then there is the UC Roots product......disappointed and watered down would not even BEGIN to cover it. What a waste of money! It seems as if these guys turned into a greedy snake oil company over night! How sad!

If they were smart and REALLY had done there home work they would have produced a ammonia free formula at the VERY least. Instead they used CHEAP ingredients and the formula carries LOTS of ammonia in it. How original....LOL!

Plan to use LOTS of extra Cal/mag if your using RO water. Again they could have at least made a formula that has ample amounts of calcium and magnesium??? They did not even do that! Again how original...LOL! A new 2 part formula that needs cal/mag and LOTS of it. GREAT!

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

have you heard of nutrofield? i have a very picky friend who just switched from house and garden base to nutrifield and is loving it. i started using them a while ago and love em, the base nutes are great and good pricing too.

FlyingSkull

FlyingSkull

Also forgot to mention we had issues with the CS bloom booster as well. After just a weeks time of sitting on the shelf, these little things of what can best be described as "tiny little brown strings" that started to form inside the bottle floating around in the solution. If I had to guess they did not use a preservative of any kind or take the proper measures in making the pk booster formula and keeping things sterile.

You would think you would be able to get at least a few months of shelf life before crap starts forming inside the bottle??? We even take extra measures and provide a temp controlled dark storage space for nutrients to ensure we get the longest shelf time possible. Have never had an issue with all the other nutrients and additives we store in the same space.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Did not like CS nutrients for several reasons. One already mentioned is the fact that it is watered down.

To me there is NOTHING "cool" at all about watered down nutrients. I really thought CS nutrients was going to be something "different" or special but it turns out to be nothing special about it at all. It also is claimed to be made especially for DWC or RDWC which is nonsense. Anyhow back to using Heavy 16 or House & Garden or one of the many other nutrients that are MUCH better than the CS nutrients. What a HUGE let down! NOTHING "special" here for sure.

Then there is the UC Roots product......disappointed and watered down would not even BEGIN to cover it. What a waste of money! It seems as if these guys turned into a greedy snake oil company over night! How sad!

If they were smart and REALLY had done there home work they would have produced a ammonia free formula at the VERY least. Instead they used CHEAP ingredients and the formula carries LOTS of ammonia in it. How original....LOL!

Plan to use LOTS of extra Cal/mag if your using RO water. Again they could have at least made a formula that has ample amounts of calcium and magnesium??? They did not even do that! Again how original...LOL! A new 2 part formula that needs cal/mag and LOTS of it. GREAT!

Looks like somebody drank their hater smoothie today ;)

QB I'd give it a run to see what you think. I, along with numerous fellow growers did just that and ended up switching cause it was easy to use, clean and ended up making smoother meds IMO. My peeps were all using different nutes Canna, H&G, Dutch Master. The thing we all have in common is that we all switched. Guess we're just fools though?

As for weak dilution? this hasn't been the case for me or anyone I know. Especially with the UC Roots (1-2 mils per gallon). As for needing calmag CS recommends 1-2 mils per gallon with RO. Seems pretty standard.

All are entitled to their opinion but from my vantage point it seems Crying Skull is a bit butt hurt about something?

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

His momma didn't cook his eggs right and is disillusioned because of it.

The coulda, shoulda woulda kids need to take their complaints with them to school while getting their chemistry degree so they know what to put in their cureall magic potion.

UClover

UClover

Been using CS for the last 3 runs, switched from DM. Better taste and aroma, more pH stable, lower usage rates. Plus seeing improved yields and flower maturation.

Sounds like you're a CC/CS hater with all of your BOLD words.

Watered down? Have you really even used CS? The feeding schedule peaks at 7mL per gallon A+B in heavy bloom.

Botanicare, GH, H&G recommends 2-4 times that amount, plus UC Roots @ 1mL per gallon... if that's watered down those guys at CCH2O are really pulling a fast one on you.

Do your homework FS, Ammonia is in almost every nutrient line on the market...coinsidence I don't think so, plants like it!

And CHEAP ingredients? Thats a bold statement seeing as how you are not the formulator or manufacturer.

As far as I know CS is formulated for tap water, so "ample amounts of calcium and magnesium" are provided. Cal/Mag @ 1mL is pretty standard with RO.

T

tipper619sd

well i havent used hg in my system but i have used the uc roots and it got my system back on track i went thru so much. I use super natural right now i used hg in my aero and was rocking. So thanks to cc and the uc roots im on track to get all my yield. I have a log in the under current section.

T

tipper619sd

have you heard of nutrofield? i have a very picky friend who just switched from house and garden base to nutrifield and is loving it. i started using them a while ago and love em, the base nutes are great and good pricing too.
hey whats up man i use to talk to u on north west green thumb hows it been

dankworth

dankworth

Oh dude I thought it was CES nutes. My bad.
Wouldn't know anything about CS nutes.
They are for rdwc, no?
I hear those guys have a coco system coming out or something.

FlyingSkull

FlyingSkull

For those that are here to learn and help others learn;

Most brands on the market today will have anywhere up to 25% of the TOTAL nitrogen content coming from ammonia sources. What they do not say is that most brands are not made especially for hydroponic systems that are deep water culture.

If your running a sterile system why would you want to use ammonia which will need the bacteria present to break it down before it is plant available for uptake? Your killing off your bacteria with the products you use to sterilize your solution with. This would be what is known as "counter productive".

People use to use UREA (mammal piss) an advanced nutrients still does even for some of its hydroponic formulas. Like I mentioned there is much argument for both sides. MOST companies have realized that ammonia is not needed for hydroponics because most are encouraged to run "sterile" systems and will not have the needed bacteria to convert the ammonia.

One of the biggest let downs about CS nutrients was when I saw all the ammonia sources for both nitrogen and calcium as well. It cost more to use the "good stuff".

As more companies begin to wise up on hydroponics you will see less and less ammonia content. There are several formulas already that are ammonia free and in the UC system once we tried a ammonia free nutrient, holy shit things got better. WAY BETTER! So much more easy to manage everything and everything improved across the board. If you have never tried running a ammonia free formula in the UC system IMO you are missing out plain and simple!

It was such a different game back 30 years ago and the progression of hydroponic over those years has been a really tough road to pave. Getting rid of myths and bad habits does not come easy that is for sure!

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
Flyingskull...it's hard for me to say anything to other members when you retaliate with telling people to take there head out of people's ass and to go fuck the self. Either y'all can get along and be decent or I'll just shut this shit show down. Qb is a good dude just looking for information. Please share it decently with respect so he can get the information he's looking for. Thanks guys ~Smf~

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Stopliking

Pretty much.

PrefersHam

PrefersHam

Flying Skull,

Relax bro. Dont get carpal tunnel responding to these CC riders. CS was straight garbage. Id rather use my cats piss. They will figure it out eventually. However, I love my UC and plan on buying many, many, more.

Peace,

Ham

PrefersHam

PrefersHam

Flyingskull...it's hard for me to say anything to other members when you retaliate with telling people to take there head out of people's ass and to go fuck the self. Either y'all can get along and be decent or I'll just shut this shit show down. Qb is a good dude just looking for information. Please share it decently with respect so he can get the information he's looking for. Thanks guys ~Smf~

For the record FS wrote up a very accurate review and was then attacked by several members. Maybe you should warn them. At least thats how this farmer read it.

CS sucks. QB take some good advice...pass on that schwag. That is all the characters ill give it.

Peace,

Ham

*edit...CS is like un-flushed b-sters overpriced garbage.

UClover

UClover

Flying Skull,

Relax bro. Dont get carpal tunnel responding to these CC riders. CS was straight garbage. Id rather use my cats piss. They will figure it out eventually. However, I love my UC and plan on buying many, many, more.

Peace,

Ham

Hard to believe a fellow UC user not benefiting from CS nutes... seems like everyone else on here that is using them, myself included, is crushing it?

"CS is like un-flushed b-sters overpriced garbage" ...wooo...just cause you're a hater doesn't mean you have to go all HAM on everyone.

Flying skull would probably join you in using your cat's piss, way less ammonia and more urea...

Latest posts

Top Bottom